Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2723

Thread: Recession?

Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Umm, the "relief" bill recently passed unanimously by the US Congress has about a half a trillion for real estate developers handed out at the discretion of the president.

Connect dots, if you would ....
    How many dots we talking?

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Don't you mean this is what happens when this whole sorry mess was planned?
    Of course it is J&J to the rescue. It is in *their* plan.

In full production without even having successful trials - REALLY!?!
    Anyone here run a 10,000off high volume production job without a first off? Without checks? Surely we all do?

In the Event 201 roll out video that was last September - laying out everything that would happen in the event of a virus - step_by_step - EXACTLY as has unfolded... the J&J VP was there Biography of Adrian Thomas | Participant for Event 201

YouTube
    Roll forwards to 31.55 - "it requires flexibility on the regulatory side" blah blah blah.
    I'm 100% that the new rushed-through 235 page UK law changes that happened last week also had a law passed that allowed vaccines to be used without clinical trials - in "special circumstances".

It all FUKIN stinks.
    I don't think that you have a very high opinion of politicians.

3. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Don't you mean this is what happens when this whole sorry mess was planned?
    Of course it is J&J to the rescue. It is in *their* plan.

In full production without even having successful trials - REALLY!?!
    Anyone here run a 10,000off high volume production job without a first off? Without checks? Surely we all do?

In the Event 201 roll out video that was last September - laying out everything that would happen in the event of a virus - step_by_step - EXACTLY as has unfolded... the J&J VP was there Biography of Adrian Thomas | Participant for Event 201

YouTube
    Roll forwards to 31.55 - "it requires flexibility on the regulatory side" blah blah blah.
    I'm 100% that the new rushed-through 235 page UK law changes that happened last week also had a law passed that allowed vaccines to be used without clinical trials - in "special circumstances".

It all FUKIN stinks.

Of course it all FUKIN stinks - just WTF else DID you expect?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

5. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Of course it all FUKIN stinks - just WTF else DID you expect?
    It is kind of a surprise just how bad the US fucked this up. Not just Trump, way down the chain those people (who make good money, btw) didn't have an effing klew.

Perhpas the public would be better off without any government. If this is all they can do, shitcan the entire lot and take our chances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is kind of a surprise just how bad the US fucked this up. Not just Trump, way down the chain those people (who make good money, btw) didn't have an effing klew.

Perhpas the public would be better off without any government. If this is all they can do, shitcan the entire lot and take our chances.
    It's not just the US EG, the Brit gov't ''half ignored'' it and have been caught on the hop, and while they're saying they're doing this that and the other - there's an awful lot of ''fake news'' aka lies in their announcements.

Post the Dec election we had no end of ''political thinkers and advisors'' who wanted to tear down the civil service and organisations of state - they were useless etc etc, .always spouting off about it

Oddly enough, since this crisis broke - not a peep from them, ………….could it be they're only just discovering just how good the civil service and organisations of state actually are at RUNNING THE COUNTRY as opposed to playing politics.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That would only invite trouble because as soon as it happened there would be so Many Chinese people who would pack up on boats and come to America. There has been more than several occupancies of boatloads set free right here in our area. They are released on the coast and were found lost and wandering around and not speaking.

The presence of these dangerous human traffickers has been around for a long time. Too there are rumors of pirates also. When you go out onto the ocean you should be careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    That would only invite trouble because as soon as it happened there would be so Many Chinese people who would pack up on boats and come to America. .
    kind of already happened to you from a different direction, and that was with a government

As one Mexican friend of mine says in jest.....we've managed to successfully invade the world's strongest nation, and we did all through LOVE .

10. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post the Dec election we had no end of ''political thinkers and advisors'' who wanted to tear down the civil service and organisations of state - they were useless etc etc, .always spouting off about it

Oddly enough, since this crisis broke - not a peep from them, …………
    Fuuuunnnnily enough, i was discussing this with wifey earlier!
    Same as the EU "lot" - all the countries closing borders etc and doing their best to deal with this shit, but pretty much crickets from the EU.

That said I fully expect that in a few weeks when countries are financially on their knees, the EU will be there offering their special kind of *financial aids*

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    ... we did all through LOVE .
    (duck falls down from ceiling) aaand you said the mystery word !! Here's your $100 !

Sorry, Mc ... only really old guys who watched Groucho will know that schtick

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    Your still thinking politics..... get a life
    Politics never sleeps. Politics never rests.

And yes the popular vote loser has made this worse and is still making it worse. One reason
    *you* might lose your life, is an action that moron performed, or omitted.

14. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

kind of already happened to you from a different direction, and that was with a government

As one Mexican friend of mine says in jest.....we've managed to successfully invade the world's strongest nation, and we did all through LOVE .
    The last laugh well that is just plain Karma. Now that border is secure. No one can say that America has not been open to immigrants. I know that it is fashionable to always attack the greatest Superpower.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What you voice right there is the exact intended result of a specific strategy. The strategy is to keep decreasing funding for parts of government, so people then complain about the poor performance. That is used to justify further budget cuts. In recent years we have seen a further aspect - censoring the experts and thwarting them whenever possible.

So, for example, the department of environmental quality. Cut their budget and then they lack the resources to respond to reports of illegal dumping. People compalin that they are not responsive. So their budget is cut some more. There is turnover among employees and they cannot hire. Repeat.

Same thing at the CDC. There have been repeated efforts to massively slash the budget. And also, to silence the experts. CDC had an expert on the ground in China to monitor for new disases. The funding for that position was cut in Sept 2019.

And NOAA. Remember how hurricane forecasters were over-ruled for political reasons as recently as Sept 2019? Some clown created his own fake news and drama that "Alabama would most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated" by Hurricane Dorian. I guess some people know more than super computer models. Actual scientists (not the hair sprayed freaks on TV), who have spent their lives trying to save lives with the most accurate forecasts, were pressured to alter facts to support odd politics and whims, or they would risk being fired.

Years prior, there were also efforts by some to privatize NOAA, and make us all pay for forecasts. I don't know about you, but I get my forecasts straight from the source - NOAA. I don't need someone hysterically hyping the weather and faking how it is nearly blowing their wig off, etc.

17. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^ Okay, criticism acepted

So how do we get performance back ? Voting doesn't seem to work. The Democrats are just as messed up as the Republicans these days. They've all been bought off.

Quote Originally Posted by barbter
    That said I fully expect that in a few weeks when countries are financially on their knees, the EU will be there offering their special kind of *financial aids*
    It occurred to me the other night that the EU is nothing but the Church reincarnated. Oh goody

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^ Okay, criticism acepted

So how do we get performance back ? Voting doesn't seem to work. The Democrats are just as messed up as the Republicans these days. They've all been bought off.

It occurred to me the other night that the EU is nothing but the Church reincarnated. Oh goody
    Now EG you can reasonably disagree sure and you do yet to make statements like voting does not seem to work and the EU is nothing but the church reincarnated. When your message has the end all strategy of of doomsday it makes the loonies start bouncing off the walls frantically and then they join in trashing their own government.

You have every right the tactic of the non existent critique of totalitarian government. Try to keep some even hand. Lighten up man.

If you don’t watch out you might get all the loonies riled up on one fine full moon and they will be posting all day. Take your calendar and follow it then look on here to see who will pop up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

very good question. They're all messed up, but the problem here (as it always is) isn't the people, its systemic. Good luck on changing as everyone has it pounded into their heads since kindergarten that above all else we must following a document crafted hundreds of years ago by the proverbial old rich white dudes. (As I move to being old and white and still hoping for rich, that's maybe not such a bad thing, but trying be objective and all. )

Is easy to armchair as 1) quite unlikely to happen 2) if it does they wont have you or I write it....but a great challenge to any change would be unintended consequences. What change? I'd be thinking a lot less of them (politicians), 5-10% of what we have maybe? wtf do most of them do anyway? (I think it the same in both our countries) I'd pay them really really well. Say you have to renounce all you have on being sworn in, so as to keep the billionaires away from buying their way in. And then pay them say $25 - 50 million a year. Not even a rounding error to the system, but enough for an individual that you'd get great people wanting it and they'd be a lot less susceptible to corruption. With a small number of very smart, educated, driven people things would be far more efficient. We have the same problem Latin American countries have with their police....so long as corruption is more lucrative than the straight and narrow, guess what we'll get? Systemic I say but the system is very hard to change.

Many would say a benevolent dictator is best form of government, of course its ivory tower, power corrupts...but maybe paying them really well, renouncing all existing wealth would get a better group in there. otoh the unintended consequence might be you get the power addicted sociopaths in robes, out of some dystopian novel, around the "council" table.

Its a question I don't have an answer to but IS what everyone should be asking and demanding be looked at.....instead of this incessant left/right dem/rep brain dead BS (more so in the US than here, but a comment applying to both). That's the sheep like follower intellect that prevents change and lets the politicians manipulate and bend you over

21. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So how do we get performance back ?
    Good question. The problem also often exists right in the local town hall. So while most all of us like to rant about DC and the fed - to anyone who will listen and the dog - it ignores the obligation to fix things right in the backyard.

For sure, most people do not want to spend any time or bother on it, and that is understandable. But I don't think anyone who ignores it locally has any right to whine and rant about DC - not when you see stunningly bad decisions, cronyism, no bid contracts to friends, contracts paid but never delivered, inconsistent application of laws, right in your own local government... And don't think your local newspaper - if you still have one and subscribe - has the budget or space to report it.

Technology - phones in particular - are changing everything but have not yet had the big impact in government oversight. When a 2 or 3 hour meeting can be reduced down to a 5 or 10 minute video of highlights, along with an automatically produced transcript, I think that might have a major impact. Ultimately, citizens will still need to make that happen, at the grass roots level.

But also, there is the potential retribution. If you go down to your townhall meeting and start asking hard questions...

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

very good question......

Its a question I don't have an answer to but IS what everyone should be asking and demanding be looked at.....instead of this incessant left/right dem/rep brain dead BS (more so in the US than here, but a comment applying to both). That's the sheep like follower intellect that prevents change and lets the politicians manipulate and bend you over
    I've thought a great deal about this and the conclusion I've come to is I think our 'elected officials' should be chosen by random like jury duty.

At least once and awhile we would get smart intelligent people in office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Power to the people

Death to capitalism

Burn Wall St

25. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not a recession yet but not a good 1st quarter.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Power to the people

Death to capitalism

Burn Wall St
    Your tea is a touch too strong.
    I suggest some more milk...