Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    You can forget Trump,the virus is in control now..........he s sailed into a gale unprepared,the mast is overboard,he s in survival mode....Its all up to state governors ,and maybe how well they can co operate ......Otrits big production reminds me of the early 70s recession ....GM had hundreds of acres of unsold cars ,not even the desire to maintain them ...cars with six inches of stinky water inside,rust holes in the bodies.Ford didnt seem to do quite so badly .
    Hello john,
    If you are trying to make this event into a political blunder, get in line. Many of those that want to go down your path will have a price to pay. In November.

John,

I'll bet that you are retired, and haven't cut metal in years.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Im not criticising Trump...doubt any pres would have done any different....and hes got the sense to stand back now ,and stay clear of the fallout...And yes ,Ive been retired for at least 10 years....as for cutting metal...does a gas axe count?..Since I retired ,Ive seen the values of conventional machines drop to scrap level for larger than hobby sizes.And scrap drop to nothing since the virus...So ,I have no argument against the orange one ,in fact ,I still think Obama is responsible for the millions of deaths and destruction in a destabilized middle east.

3. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Im still not totally sold on CV being as serious as the media makes out atm, should have a better idea over the next couple weeks
    In a structural sense im keeping an eye on what gets changed legislation wise and what the CBs do with regards to consolidating power.
    Im concerned about the mental state of general folk and how much and for how long the pain will be turned up to justify change.
    GL all
    100% agree.
    This "plan of theirs" is a strategic one - no mistake.
    Just had Sanchez on the box yesterday - the PM of Spain.
    He was talking openly of future pandemics - so they're paving the way to lock everyone up again at will.
    And they've just passed a Royal Decree (law) called the "digital decree" where the gov can "cut off the internet and communications due to disturbances of public order".
    UK laws - I read (although not confirmed as I've downloaded it but not read it myself) that there's no strike/marching now. No complaints can be made.
    If nothing else, this is a HUGE clamp-down on freedom make no mistake.

5. Likes Demon73, Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    I agree that the summer shutdown has come a few months early for the Big 3. The rest of the industrial base of the US economy is still working.

What many of you do not understand is that these company's are still going forward, these guys never quit.
    Of course they are - when they have the government (and therefore taxpayer) to bail them out.

As for quitting, ………….if it suited them they'd close down tomorrow - you know just like the Auto industry did in Detroit, and the steel industry in Pittsburgh.

7. Likes Trueturning, daryl bane liked this post
    Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I watched the BBC news yesterday for the lulz, 10:40 there was a section on how well China/Korea etc have done with containment, largely due to their surveillance facilities.
    BOE are on the case with a CB Digital Currency. Its out there if you look, easier to find than hiding it in a CV bill but not mentioned in MSM.

9. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Could it not be that too much freedom got us in to this mess in the first place?

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Could it not be that too much freedom got us in to this mess in the first place?
    I'll take full responsibility.
    I had been out on my bicycle too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    Hello john,
    If you are trying to make this event into a political blunder, .....
    He doesn't need to. Trump has done it just fine all by his moronic self. He's gone
    down in history as the first impeached president to blunder a pandemnic and
    a depression.

13. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll take full responsibility.
    I had been out on my bicycle too much.
    I hope that your best mate reads you admitting you are wrong.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Too much ignorance, I think. When they bombed London, you didn't have a big problem with people going to street parties, did you ? And if so, they didn't kill other people by doing that ... if they had explained the drowning in your own blood honestly from the beginning instead of saying "it's just the flu", I think people would have gone along willingly. No "draconian" restrictions of freedom required.

Sure, the western press kept using those words but I didn't see anyone arguing with the policemen. Someone, somewhere most likely did but overall, if you give people the facts, they are willing to do what's necessary.

Badly handled from the very beginning

16. Likes Limy Sami, Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The freedom to eat bats? Yep.

18. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    The freedom to eat bats? Yep.
    Are you really this stupid ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Not stupid enough to believe your BS.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

100% agree.
    This "plan of theirs" is a strategic one - no mistake.
    Just had Sanchez on the box yesterday - the PM of Spain.
    He was talking openly of future pandemics - so they're paving the way to lock everyone up again at will.
    And they've just passed a Royal Decree (law) called the "digital decree" where the gov can "cut off the internet and communications due to disturbances of public order".
    UK laws - I read (although not confirmed as I've downloaded it but not read it myself) that there's no strike/marching now. No complaints can be made.
    Makes you want to go back to radios.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The first "stimulus" of 2 trillion dollars to go out soon at $1200 per taxpayer.
    This money likely gone in many pockets all ready and we are not at the peak of this bug. Maybe that 2 trillion a drop in the bucket.
    When will the next round come and how much can our rich uncle sam afford without upsetting things for a very long time.
    Can the government provide a "base pay" to all for 3, 6, 9 months? Should the government do such?

Unemployment has been extended and raised here. I know where this goes as it is in the end funded by employers (each has his/her own sort of savings account that pays this).
    Higher taxes per employee for years to come to rebuild those savings.
    This will make local manufacturing less competitive against overseas but I see no other options.

Let's hope this thing peaks and dies fast and that there is not a round two.
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    The first "stimulus" of 2 trillion dollars to go out soon at $1200 per taxpayer.
    This money likely gone in many pockets all ready and we are not at the peak of this bug. Maybe that 2 trillion a drop in the bucket.
    Only ~$300B of the 2T goes out as $1,200 checks. The rest is $500B corporate loans, $350B small business loans, and a variety of misc.

Regards.

Mike

24. Likes Trboatworks liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Too much ignorance, I think. When they bombed London, you didn't have a big problem with people going to street parties, did you ? And if so, they didn't kill other people by doing that ... if they had explained the drowning in your own blood honestly from the beginning instead of saying "it's just the flu", I think people would have gone along willingly. No "draconian" restrictions of freedom required.

Sure, the western press kept using those words but I didn't see anyone arguing with the policemen. Someone, somewhere most likely did but overall, if you give people the facts, they are willing to do what's necessary.

Badly handled from the very beginning
    EG are you slipping? you say “badly handled from the beginning”? Because at the beginning the Chinese had the start of the virus in their own yard. Was it true that helpful information about transmissions and also incubation times were still being monitored? If they had understood the severity of it all would they have moved quicker to stop it?

I do think allowing travel on Chinese New Year would be something they likely would have done differently and so stopping travel in and out of the effected area or the whole country.

They managed well with measures taken. It is often said “hindsight is 20/20”.

One American a old friend married a gal in the UK my friend to keep the peace allowing her to stay close to her parents aspired to settle in to becoming a new UK citizen or permanent resident he wanted to become a full Blighty with all the honors.

Anyway things went real bad as the girl he married and her parents made life hell on the fellow and the marriage self destructed.

He told me he learned two things about marrying that cutie. One was “hindsight is 2020” and the most important for young men in prime condition (ahem y’all know how) the 2nd thing was for him it was like this he learned “having foresight is better than having hindsight”.

He learned it the hard way after intense torture. She was truly a looker I saw her hind when she visited yet America did not have her parents here. Y’all might well relate to that common experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Finegrain,
    Yes it is not just personal checks but that well runs dry very quickly and will need to be primed again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

EG are making fun of what good Chinese law abiding citizens like to eat? Isn’t that a risky path friend? Do you want us to call the American embassy and have you safely whisked away for your own safety?

You know they are not giving up on bat. They will be more careful with it. You know they have eaten it for thousands of years more than likely.

28. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Of course they are - when they have the government (and therefore taxpayer) to bail them out.

As for quitting, ………….if it suited them they'd close down tomorrow - you know just like the Auto industry did in Detroit, and the steel industry in Pittsburgh.
    The US doesn't operate like the UK (thank goodness}, your steady flow of doubt of our abilities is laughable. US industry is flush with cash, and even if they weren't, in your right mind would you bet against us?