Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    And fox news is not involved in any fellatio, right out front an proud about it?

seriously, this is where you go?
    Yep regardless of what political bent we are the fact is that the news does promote a chosen narrative. It can very well be that they only care for the narrative that can bring in the most money. We are manipulated regardless of our views.

There can be seen the primary motive can be claimed that they really could care less about the good of the country. Let’s hope they are not so ingrained not to show balance and let off some steam every now and then. At least if they are merely careless and like to play the drama and brinkmanship we can at least hope they do not cause a catastrophe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    It's media they love themselves as much as Trump loves himself, and you're every bit as likely to get either to admit to being a jackass.
    Fair enough

I keep repeating that trumpski is a reverse Rumpelstiltskin, stop saying his name and he will disappear

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Yep regardless of what political bent we are the fact is that the news does promote a chosen narrative. It can very well be that they only care for the narrative that can bring in the most money. We are manipulated regardless of our views.

There can be seen the primary motive can be claimed that they really could care less about the good of the country. Let’s hope they are not so ingrained not to show balance and let off some steam every now and then. At least if they are merely careless and like to play the drama and brinkmanship we can at least hope they do not cause a catastrophe.

The real problem I have with the repetition of 'fake news' and 'liberal media' etc is that if you cannot glean the truth from whatever program[s] you are watching, shame on you. Many news reports leave me with more questions than answers, and if anyone is not the same, then your critical thinking is lacking.

4. Likes Trueturning, barbter, Gobo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    The real problem I have with the repetition of 'fake news' and 'liberal media' etc is that if you cannot glean the truth from whatever program[s] you are watching, shame on you. Many news reports leave me with more questions than answers, and if anyone is not the same, then your critical thinking is lacking.
    I understand your point. Such a person is also not exempt from manipulation so long as there is money to be made on such a viewer. They are cunning and at the top of their game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Always interesting to see who gives that type of post a "like".

I don't "bash" Trump but I do regard him more as a dangerous buffoon than a comedian.
    You just bashed him in a sentence where you claim you don't bash him.

It is obvious being an annoying internet troll brings you great joy. You constantly deny your own behavior.

7. Likes barbter, Steven-Canada, Thunderjet liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    You just bashed him in a sentence where you claim you don't bash him.

It is obvious being an annoying internet troll brings you great joy. You constantly deny your own behavior.
    A buffoon is described as someone who is given to coarse or undignified joking. Fits Trump pretty well. " Grab em by the pussy." If that is not coarse and undignified, what is? If the description is correct, where is the bash?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I travel to Europe I only see CNN, Aljazerra or RT (Russian) on TV news channels, so as many Libs here in the USA never switch new channels they are BRAIN WASHED thinking the Majority of the USA hates Trump. WE The People who wanted to Make American Great again voted him in and are so HAPPY he is our President!! God Bless the USA and the greatest president ever Donald Trump!!!

10. Likes harley88 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The absolute greatest liar ever to corrupt the White House with his foul presence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard King View Post
    When I travel to Europe I only see CNN, Aljazerra or RT (Russian) on TV news channels, so as many Libs here in the USA never switch new channels they are BRAIN WASHED thinking the Majority of the USA hates Trump. WE The People who wanted to Make American Great again voted him in and are so HAPPY he is our President!! God Bless the USA and the greatest president ever Donald Trump!!!
    Brainwashed, uhh yeah right

trump received 2 million fewer votes, and is less popular now, so he has never gotten the support of the majority

who is brainwashed when you want a lying piece of trash in the whitehouse?

I mean, that seems more like brainwashed to me

13. Likes Greg White, triumph406, Pariel, Big B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard King View Post
    <mindless drivel>
    .........the greatest president ever Donald Trump!!!
    Greater than Reagan?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For those of us, including myself, expecting a recession is like hoping for rain in a drought.

It will not come at our convenience, but it will surely come when you don't want it to.

And when it arrives, you will wish it will be over soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    You don't get it. I didn't vote for him but the twenty plus thousand that did (out of over 3 million that did vote) never thought he'd get elected and voted just to protest..
    Gordon,you never did explain how he won an election receiving 20,000 of 3 million votes. How many votes did the people that lost the election receive?

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Either proportional representation or one small constituency out of many others in the parliament.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“Fake” news...?

Seems more the case of careless audiences..

“In our reasonings concerning matter of fact, there are all imaginable degrees of assurance, from the highest certainty to the lowest species of moral evidence. A wise man, therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence.”
    -David Hume ca. 1711

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    Gordon,you never did explain how he won an election receiving 20,000 of 3 million votes. How many votes did the people that lost the election receive?
    You seem to have plenty of time on your hands so read these.

Haugaard ran for every parliamentary election as a joke from 1979 onwards, until he won in 1994. He ran without a party (representing SABAE) and got 23,253 votes in 1994, enough for a seat and he became a member of the Parliament of Denmark from 1994–98. After his term expired, he decided not to seek re-election.

Jacob Haugaard - Wikipedia

Elections in Denmark - Wikipedia

If Jacob Hougaard had been a political party then with a voting percentage of 2% he received that automatically gives 4 seats in parliament. He ran alone so was only given 1 seat. Seats in parliament, if you've read the relevant link, are divided as per vote percentage.

Personally I think it's a very fair system compared to those where many votes are simply "wasted" in "winner takes all".

Here elections for parliament don't run for a long time so running is something most can afford.

2019 Danish general election - Wikipedia

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meanwhile back at the farm,the Indian vehicle industry is in deep recession,one of the major providers of employment with actual regular wages,not that common in India.And a major buyer of steel ,and other metals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What I find interesting is that while some are talking recession more than a few CEOs seem to think otherwise. A few nights ago I was watching Nightly Business Report on a local PBS channel and several CEOs, mainly in retail, were predicting steady growth for at least the next 5 years.

Only time will tell if they are right but I suspect they didn't get where they are by being fools.

22. Likes Trueturning, Jashley73, harley88 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up

I like this kind of optimism Scott. There is always a lot of pessimism to buy into. For all it is worth I think optimism is a much better outlook.

24. Likes Jashley73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    I like this kind of optimism Scott. There is always a lot of pessimism to buy into. For all it is worth I think optimism is a much better outlook.
    And pessimism can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. My grandmother used to call it "borrowing trouble", imagining bad things happening that might never come to pass.

Positive thinking can also be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Many successful people have described it as "making your own luck".

One of the most successful entrepreneurs I've ever met told me the true secret of success is rethinking how you define failure. He viewed each idea that didn't pan out as a learning experience.

26. Likes Jashley73 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    The absolute greatest liar ever to corrupt the White House with his foul presence.
    Obama?
    tenchars