What's new

Robots and unemployment in the future

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1,451
Mr Thomas:

see "Musings"

I might be ready to go out and become a "Paperback Writer" (copyright Apple Music)

see, I didn't steal the quote. The RIAA can't get me!

I think I'll assume the pseudonym "Jimmybrain".

If somebody could just turn me into a robot for 12 hours a day that would be great. That way I wouldn't have to worry about work and could concentate on having fun.
biggrin.gif

Les

Yeah, like he said, we already covered (or are currently covering) that in musings.

I wouldn't get too concerned about automation. Look how much automation we currently have and our current unemployment rate. Add that the population in the US increases at a rate of prox 1%/yr. 1990 was 270 mil and 2000 was 297 mil.

In the closest thing to a perfect world that we could ever hope to see would probably never see unemployment under 3% as many of that bottom group do not want to work. Then there are those that are currently being dissplaced and will soon find a job elsewhere.

I have to think that automation if anything allows us to create more jobs. It saves us $ here so that we can spend some somewhere that we never would have before. ??? Motorbikes, motorhomes, snowmobiles (my favorite), bigger homes, more medical treatments, bigger steaks, etc....

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back