What's new
What's new

Screw Manufacturing via Cold Forging

asadabbas

Plastic
Hello,

First of all, I am not sure it is an appropriate section to post it here, So please if it is in the wrong section please accept my apology and guide me where to post it.

Let us come to the thing in which I am looking for guidance.

I am interested in opening Screws/fastener manufacturing business via cold forging. I am confused about where to buy machinery and China or Taiwan some people say china is better and some says Taiwan is better.

My max product diameter is 6mm and length 30mm to 50mm.
Screw type: Self Drilling Screws.

It will be great to get some guidance from you guys to start the manufacture business.

Regards
Asad

Many manufacturing companies in Taiwan cooperate with companies in China and vice versa so I don't think it really matters. What is most important is that you find a company with a reliable reputation.

Have you given thought to the fact that you'll be competing with companies that have been in the business for years and mass produce by the millions in your dimensions? What would make yours special?

Your biggest problem is asking for advice in this forum re buying from any country in Asia so be prepared for some not so helpful advice :eek:

Your post is appreciated as it is a manufacturing topic. Thank You. We need more new threads in our section and have been challanged when some wish to just fight on social issues unrelated totally to manufacturing. Good topic.

@asadabbas - in some market segments, such as miling machines, "made in taiwan" is considered upmarket from made in the people's republic.

But I have no idea if this applies to cold heading machinery.

Re China then I've just read in my national newspaper at breakfast today that the Chinese government will be giving tax cuts to the umpteen millions of one man and micro enterprises throughout China.

It's almost as if the traditional rolls between the USA and China are becoming reversed. Has China become more capitalistic than communistic?

The newspaper also said that the speech given by President Xi was more about plans for the future and with no ideological rhetoric.

Sure. And I have a "german" lathe (DMG) made in a factory in Shanghai.

Indeed, OP might find that the sorts of machines they seek are available at competitive prices from Europe too.

I think cold heading is one of those industries that becomes more rare by the year in the USA. That and six spindle screw machines. Those machines were very popular here in the connector industry in the 70's and 80's and seemed to start disappearing in the early 90's. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Back