Space X - Page 9
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 169 of 169

Thread: Space X

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    516
    Likes (Received)
    2340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Delusions of Granduer

    Just wait until the first RFQ he gets from them is for a Magnesium part!

  2. Likes TeachMePlease, Oldwrench, triumph406 liked this post
  3. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    245
    Likes (Received)
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    Just wait until the first RFQ he gets from them is for a Magnesium part!
    I apologize for your confusion dumore My company does not make parts, we only make tools.

  4. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    516
    Likes (Received)
    2340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    we only make tools because we ARE tools !

    There, fixed it for ya'!

  5. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland- USA
    Posts
    5,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2490
    Likes (Received)
    3202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    Hello Truturning,
    My intension was never to give advise, I only do so if I'm paid for it. My point that TR does not grasp is "in and out trading". He thinks that he can forecast the future. The problem is, no one can with any level of precision.
    Usually one should make such statements about those things which are outside of ones capacity with the first person.

    So you would say- "I can't trade with any level of precision."

    I believe you have demonstrated that fairly clearly- you hold through every selloff.
    There is nothing wrong with your approach.
    Be aware there are many means to participate in the markets and one is well advised to keep with that which works for you.
    Taking your limits and experience and applying those broadly to all market participants is an error.

    There is no reason for it outside of hubris or perhaps a lack of that very experience you claim to have.


    I enjoy talking about market participation which is the only reason I am indulging in a conversation on these points with you again.

    "Telling the future" is a fundamental mischaracterization of what investment entails.

    By "holding bluechips forever" in fact you are far closer to trading on fortune telling than I am.
    In so doing you state and predict that the future performance will be for those equities you hold.

    Think about it a bit- stop tossing out silly labels for those things which you do not understand while you practice those errors you cite others as possessing.


    Think about short term strategies for animals.
    I describe the single most important characteristic of living beings as being discernment.
    That is we can observe and judge outcomes in our environment and alter our behavior to increase our chances of experiencing a favorable outcome.
    This is no nuanced thing to start- we shelter during inclement weather and learn to place stores against changes in seasons.
    We watch other animals and the wealth of the land vary and alter our movements to take advantage.

    We are 'adaptive'.
    All animals are- it is as I state our strongest suit.
    It is required to survive and we are skilled practitioners.

    I always marvel at a particular class of the phylum Mollusca the Brachipoda.
    They were the dominant clam if you will for hundreds of millions of years and king of the benthos.
    It was a fair bet they would rule forever.

    Well they didn't.
    You see marina burrowing worms came along and through their activities buried the brachiopods and they were essentially eliminated as 'bivalves' displaced them for containing a more adaptive strategy in the changing marine environment.

    Don't be an investor who is static and cannot notice or if you will predict change.
    Embrace change and variation by using those skills we all are abundantly in possession of to participate and benefit in it.
    Use your skills of discernment.
    It is your strongest asset.

  6. Likes Trueturning liked this post
  7. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4872
    Likes (Received)
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Usually one should make such statements about those things which are outside of ones capacity with the first person.

    So you would say- "I can't trade with any level of precision."

    I believe you have demonstrated that fairly clearly- you hold through every selloff.
    There is nothing wrong with your approach.
    Be aware there are many means to participate in the markets and one is well advised to keep with that which works for you.
    Taking your limits and experience and applying those broadly to all market participants is an error.

    There is no reason for it outside of hubris or perhaps a lack of that very experience you claim to have.


    I enjoy talking about market participation which is the only reason I am indulging in a conversation on these points with you again.

    "Telling the future" is a fundamental mischaracterization of what investment entails.

    By "holding bluechips forever" in fact you are far closer to trading on fortune telling than I am.
    In so doing you state and predict that the future performance will be for those equities you hold.

    Think about it a bit- stop tossing out silly labels for those things which you do not understand while you practice those errors you cite others as possessing.


    Think about short term strategies for animals.
    I describe the single most important characteristic of living beings as being discernment.
    That is we can observe and judge outcomes in our environment and alter our behavior to increase our chances of experiencing a favorable outcome.
    This is no nuanced thing to start- we shelter during inclement weather and learn to place stores against changes in seasons.
    We watch other animals and the wealth of the land vary and alter our movements to take advantage.

    We are 'adaptive'.
    All animals are- it is as I state our strongest suit.
    It is required to survive and we are skilled practitioners.

    I always marvel at a particular class of the phylum Mollusca the Brachipoda.
    They were the dominant clam if you will for hundreds of millions of years and king of the benthos.
    It was a fair bet they would rule forever.

    Well they didn't.
    You see marina burrowing worms came along and through their activities buried the brachiopods and they were essentially eliminated as 'bivalves' displaced them for containing a more adaptive strategy in the changing marine environment.

    Don't be an investor who is static and cannot notice or if you will predict change.
    Embrace change and variation by using those skills we all are abundantly in possession of to participate and benefit in it.
    Use your skills of discernment.
    It is your strongest asset.
    Damn TR. That is one of the best breakdowns I have read in a while. The big guys always buy and sell. They take the risk too. It is like life when say a person has a knack for getting away from failing. Everybody knows people like this and they are not really evil people at all they are the man who will walk out of a burning building without a smudge.

    I think such people are a statistical balance as some have much more suffering and disasters than they warranted or deserved. Those often receive our heartfelt concern and at times charity and care. That can be a kind of test of our character given circumstances.

    It helps me stay grounded and grateful. A beautiful day on blue water white clouds and blue skies.

  8. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    245
    Likes (Received)
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Usually one should make such statements about those things which are outside of ones capacity with the first person.

    So you would say- "I can't trade with any level of precision."

    I believe you have demonstrated that fairly clearly- you hold through every selloff.
    There is nothing wrong with your approach.
    Be aware there are many means to participate in the markets and one is well advised to keep with that which works for you.
    Taking your limits and experience and applying those broadly to all market participants is an error.

    There is no reason for it outside of hubris or perhaps a lack of that very experience you claim to have.


    I enjoy talking about market participation which is the only reason I am indulging in a conversation on these points with you again.

    "Telling the future" is a fundamental mischaracterization of what investment entails.

    By "holding bluechips forever" in fact you are far closer to trading on fortune telling than I am.
    In so doing you state and predict that the future performance will be for those equities you hold.

    Think about it a bit- stop tossing out silly labels for those things which you do not understand while you practice those errors you cite others as possessing.


    Think about short term strategies for animals.
    I describe the single most important characteristic of living beings as being discernment.
    That is we can observe and judge outcomes in our environment and alter our behavior to increase our chances of experiencing a favorable outcome.
    This is no nuanced thing to start- we shelter during inclement weather and learn to place stores against changes in seasons.
    We watch other animals and the wealth of the land vary and alter our movements to take advantage.

    We are 'adaptive'.
    All animals are- it is as I state our strongest suit.
    It is required to survive and we are skilled practitioners.

    I always marvel at a particular class of the phylum Mollusca the Brachipoda.
    They were the dominant clam if you will for hundreds of millions of years and king of the benthos.
    It was a fair bet they would rule forever.

    Well they didn't.
    You see marina burrowing worms came along and through their activities buried the brachiopods and they were essentially eliminated as 'bivalves' displaced them for containing a more adaptive strategy in the changing marine environment.

    Don't be an investor who is static and cannot notice or if you will predict change.
    Embrace change and variation by using those skills we all are abundantly in possession of to participate and benefit in it.
    Use your skills of discernment.
    It is your strongest asset.
    Hello Triboat,
    After reading your recent statement I am reminded of what the stock market is. Overwhelmingly, most market participants are traders, but the most successful are investors. Investors don't try to move in and out of a position, they "buy companies". They don't really care if they buy these shares at the wrong time, they just know that they have to own a piece of said company.

    Now, you may ask, do they ever sell? Selling a BlueChip rarely happens with investors. Last years debacle is clear evidence of who really makes money in the market.

  9. #167
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    245
    Likes (Received)
    348

    Default

    SpaceX,

    ElSegundo Blvd,

    Great job to all of SpaceX employees!!!!

  10. Likes empwoer liked this post
  11. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    516
    Likes (Received)
    2340

    Default

    Soon-to-be:

    Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    Tesla Blvd, Bumfuck TX 79924
    Great Job Kalifornia!

  12. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    245
    Likes (Received)
    348

    Default

    Excellent execution SpaceX.

    Congratulations, Mission Control Hawthorne


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •