Trading with a sane president... - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Do you seriously believe what you write or .................? Any examples of anyone "walking free"?

I know it isn't funny but how do you "kill a man, over and over again"? Once is usually enough.
    Walking free..Sara Root, stopped at a traffic light, rear ended by Eswin Mejia, Illegal from Honduras. He was street racing. She is dead, he bailed out of jail and disappeared. Tessa Tranchant, killed by a drunk driver, Alfredo Ramos who had a history of convictions but due to Virginia Beach's sanctuary city policies was never detained till he killed. Drew Rosenberg killed by Roberto Gallo, Illegal from Honduras, drunk, got 6 months in jail, released after 43 days. Grant Ronnebeck, cashier at a convenience store Shot by Apolinar altamiramo in a robbery. He was on bail while appealing his previous conviction. Then how about the 17 and 18 year old illegals that raped and sodomized a 14 year old girl in a men's room at Rockville High School in a suburb of Washington DC This happened on the 16th of March a WEEK AGO! You didn't hear about it did you? Not one second of air time on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or MSNBC. Lame stream media cover up. Remember the coverage the of the Duke University LaCrosse players got when that black hooker claimed they raped her? It was on every channel for weeks. In the end it turned out she made it up, no coverage of that though. We have enough bad actors already, we don't need to import any.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Moon'

I don't know anything about where you live in Ohio.... but I know west coast fruit and vegetable growers depend heavily on legal and illegal migrant workers to pick their crops.

We have lots and lots of homeless people in Seattle supposedly willing to work IF there were jobs. Problem is, there are jobs. In the harvest season growers in eastern Washington are begging for workers. It seems migrants are the only ones willing to do the work.

My son is a contractor, through him I've come to know a few of his Hispanic workers. It's interesting to hear they consider this country the land of opportunity.
    I have no problem with work visas for migrant farm workers. Homeless in Seattle? As long as they can get the dole why should they work?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Walking free..Sara Root, stopped at a traffic light, rear ended by Eswin Mejia, Illegal from Honduras. He was street racing. She is dead, he bailed out of jail and disappeared. Tessa Tranchant, killed by a drunk driver, Alfredo Ramos who had a history of convictions but due to Virginia Beach's sanctuary city policies was never detained till he killed. Drew Rosenberg killed by Roberto Gallo, Illegal from Honduras, drunk, got 6 months in jail, released after 43 days. Grant Ronnebeck, cashier at a convenience store Shot by Apolinar altamiramo in a robbery. He was on bail while appealing his previous conviction. Then how about the 17 and 18 year old illegals that raped and sodomized a 14 year old girl in a men's room at Rockville High School in a suburb of Washington DC This happened on the 16th of March a WEEK AGO! You didn't hear about it did you? Not one second of air time on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or MSNBC. Lame stream media cover up. Remember the coverage the of the Duke University LaCrosse players got when that black hooker claimed they raped her? It was on every channel for weeks. In the end it turned out she made it up, no coverage of that though. We have enough bad actors already, we don't need to import any.
    Sounds to me more that you have a problem with you judicial system and that your defense lawyers are much better than your prosecuting ones.

I also think your news (papers and TV) goes very much along with what they think will "sell". Here just one murder or violent crime fills the media (papers and TV) for days on end.

What does what you've written have to do with who is president or has your (USA) three branches of power changed without anyone noticing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds to me more that you have a problem with you judicial system and that your defense lawyers are much better than your prosecuting ones.

I also think your news (papers and TV) goes very much along with what they think will "sell". Here just one murder or violent crime fills the media (papers and TV) for days on end.

What does what you've written have to do with who is president or has your (USA) three branches of power changed without anyone noticing?
    All it has to do with the prez. is the last one had basically an open border policy. All anyone had to do is say you were requesting asylum and they would get a court date that they just didn't show up for and that was it. That is mostly over now. If those 2 animals that raped and sodomized that 14 year old girl would have been white collage fraternity brothers it would have had 24-7 coverage on every news show.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope you read and think hard about my reply before you reply - assuming you do reply.

1. All it has to do with the prez. is the last one had basically an open border policy. All anyone had to do is say you were requesting asylum and they would get a court date that they just didn't show up for and that was it. That is mostly over now.

2. If those 2 animals that raped and sodomized that 14 year old girl would have been white collage fraternity brothers it would have had 24-7 coverage on every news show.
    ad 1. It never ceases to amaze me just how much power and influence some of you think your president has. The US president is, rightly so, the most powerful person on the planet but I regret to inform you, NOT FOR THE REASONS YOU SEEM TO THINK. As I wrote, your three branches of power prevents your president, regardless of who it is, from being a dictator and you living in a dictatorship. You don't have to thank me for bringing you "up to date".

ad 2. You might be right but again, as I've already written, what makes your headlines is what "sells" best and most. Our media certainly doesn't agree on all issues but there are never 180º differences as there are with yours. There are "facts" and then there are "alternative facts". Trump to me seems to get played like a puppet by Fox news. I hope he figures it out soon and starts listening to his "advisors" who, hopefully, are less biased.

From the examples you give then I agree with you 100% that the laws in many cases are too lenient but that isn't your president's job just as it isn't our prime minister's job to make laws as he pleases.

If Erdogan (Turkey) wins the agenda in the upcoming election then he will have almost unlimited power and be able to dissolve parliament and fire judges. Be interesting to see how that goes. You can then think about if you want the same situation in the USA. I'm relieved to write that I think that the vast majority of Americans would never allow that to happen.

6. Likes OldSquier, fusker, Spinit, PaulM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope you read and think hard about my reply before you reply - assuming you do reply.

ad 1. It never ceases to amaze me just how much power and influence some of you think your president has. The US president is, rightly so, the most powerful person on the planet but I regret to inform you, NOT FOR THE REASONS YOU SEEM TO THINK. As I wrote, your three branches of power prevents you president, regardless of who it is, from being a dictator and you living in a dictatorship. You don't have to thank me for bringing you "up to date".

ad 2. You might be right but again, as I've already written, what makes your headlines is what "sells" best and most. Our media certainly doesn't agree on all issues but there are never 180º differences as there are with yours. There are "facts" and then there are "alternative facts". Trump to me seems to get played like a puppet by Fox news. I hope he figures it out soon and starts listening to his "advisors" who, hopefully, are less biased.

From the examples you give then I agree with you 100% that the laws in many cases are too lenient but that isn't your president's job just as it isn't our prime minister's job to make laws as he pleases.

If Erdogan (Turkey) wins the upcoming election then he will have almost unlimited power and be able to dissolve parliament and fire judges. Be interesting to see how that goes. You can then think about if you want the same situation in the USA. I'm relieved to write that I think that the vast majority of Americans would never allow that to happen.
    I know full well the prez. does not have unlimited power. However all he has to do is stock the bureaucracies with like minded leaders and then those like minded leaders load up with like minded workers. And then there is the "executive order" if all else fails. After all how do you think the border patrol started "patrolling" 100 miles from the border. the 2 rapists were here because of an executive order.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know full well the prez. does not have unlimited power. However all he has to do is stock the bureaucracies with like minded leaders and then those like minded leaders load up with like minded workers. And then there is the "executive order" if all else fails. After all how do you think the border patrol started "patrolling" 100 miles from the border. the 2 rapists were here because of an executive order.
    Sigh. A reply in under 10 minutes doesn't indicate you did much thinking. I hope you continue to enjoy living in your bubble.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ad 1. It never ceases to amaze me just how much power and influence some of you think your president has. The US president is, rightly so, the most powerful person on the planet but I regret to inform you, NOT FOR THE REASONS YOU SEEM TO THINK. As I wrote, your three branches of power prevents you president, regardless of who it is, from being a dictator and you living in a dictatorship. You don't have to thank me for bringing you "up to date".

If Erdogan (Turkey) wins the agenda in the upcoming election then he will have almost unlimited power and be able to dissolve parliament and fire judges. Be interesting to see how that goes. You can then think about if you want the same situation in the USA. I'm relieved to write that I think that the vast majority of Americans would never allow that to happen.
    There is indeed a problem with our President, and it is this: He and his advisors are apparently unaware of the fact that his powers are delimited by the constitution. It's as if he believed, when he took office, that he could simply issue executive orders ad infinitum, and that they would have the force of law. He just didn't count on having his will shot down by the federal courts. Our federal courts -- even at the district court level -- are themselves immensely powerful, and they do not appreciate transgressions against the constitution.

As for connections between the President and violence perpetrated by immigrants, there really aren't many, if any at all. In each case the previous poster discussed, the offenders broke state laws and will be prosecuted, or not, in state criminal courts. INS might undertake to deport them after they serve their sentence, but that's about all. To point to our previous President as a facilitator of such violence in consequence of border policies enforced by the Border Patrol, is folly. A Republican Congress might have passed laws to ensure more rigorous enforcement of our immigration policies, but they didn't to my knowledge.

The President's power is quite limited despite public perceptions to the contrary.

Squire

Sent Using Tapatalk - Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Tahlequah OK

10. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, JoeE., Meggab liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Business has been up at the CatHouse since the first of the year, and our customers are expecting business to get even better.

Of course a large part of our business is mining related, and thanks to a political "180" in Washington, the industry is off life-support and looking forward to a steady 4 years, if not 8...or even 16.

But not just mining, our industrial customers have all gotten busier as well.

It all makes sense: when corporate America knows tax cuts and regulation relief are on the horizon, they open up the checkbooks and start spending. Why liberals can't understand this I will never know? They just don't want to admit that it's --corporate America-- that makes this economy go, not the damn government. Sure, we are a consumer-driven economy, but where do all those consumers get their money to spend?? By working in corporate America, that's where!

The automotive industry has cooled, of course I knew that was coming, as the entire industry has been riding the wave of "zero percent" interest rates. GM has serious inventory problems, with over 200 days of cars in stock, when they try to average 60 days.

And now that the economy is started to show real growth (versus the 8 years of 1.6% per year under Obama), interest rates are going up to a real-world, sustainable number. Thus the myth of zero percent interest when buying a $60k SUV goes away...making it harder to make the sale. So the mighty automotive industry may be in for slower sales ahead...?

Defense and energy are certainly taking off, so let the good times roll!

ToolCat Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

President had more power than Gaia turned down the temperature lowers the sea and lets boys become girls . ...Trevor

13. Likes moonlight machine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All I am saying is if the illegals were not here those particular crimes would not have been committed. Immigration policy starts at the top.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    Business has been up at the CatHouse since the first of the year, and our customers are expecting business to get even better.

Of course a large part of our business is mining related, and thanks to a political "180" in Washington, the industry is off life-support and looking forward to a steady 4 years, if not 8...or even 16.

But not just mining, our industrial customers have all gotten busier as well.

Defense and energy are certainly taking off, so let the good times roll!

ToolCat Greg
    If things are really on the rise then I'm happy on your behalf. Increasing mining might bring back jobs but neither that or spending more money of defense is IMO going to make America great again. At least not in the sense that most will have more money to spend.

When I start to read that most of you are earning more money (as in wages increase) and that you can buy more with what you earn then Trump should be almost certain of "4 more years".

Time will tell but it'll take less tweeting and more focused work.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All I am saying is if the illegals were not here those particular crimes would not have been committed. Immigration policy starts at the top.
    Tread carefully. I read that Trump's wife wasn't 100% legal when she entered. Maybe fake news?
    I like Melania but also feel sorry for her as she doesn't seem to be happy.

BTW immigration is what made the USA great.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kim Jong-un in North Korea seems to be provoking more and more. I suggest that Trump puts this high on the agenda and starts talking to China as to what should and could be done.

I'm sure that China is just as interested in finding a solution as the USA is and it will have to be China that takes the initiative in any action (military or otherwise) against North Korea.

The best solution IMO would be to find a sane leader (in agreement with China) and eliminate Kim. What has to be achieved is some kind of peaceful transition of power and feeding the people immediately to avoid mass fleeing.

Wonder what the masses will think when they find out they aren't the richest people on Earth.

18. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tread carefully. I read that Trump's wife wasn't 100% legal when she entered. Maybe fake news?
    Fake news 4 sure, Models at her level don't need to sneak in, their employers pay the freight to get them in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Walking free..Sara Root, stopped at a traffic light, rear ended by Eswin Mejia, Illegal from Honduras. He was street racing. She is dead, he bailed out of jail and disappeared. Tessa Tranchant, killed by a drunk driver, Alfredo Ramos who had a history of convictions but due to Virginia Beach's sanctuary city policies was never detained till he killed. Drew Rosenberg killed by Roberto Gallo, Illegal from Honduras, drunk, got 6 months in jail, released after 43 days. Grant Ronnebeck, cashier at a convenience store Shot by Apolinar altamiramo in a robbery. He was on bail while appealing his previous conviction.
    OMG illegal aliens are driving drunk, no self respecting US citizen would do such a thing

OH, wait, ten thousand DUI deaths last year, please continue your list until your numbers become significant.

Then how about the 17 and 18 year old illegals that raped and sodomized a 14 year old girl in a men's room at Rockville High School in a suburb of Washington DC This happened on the 16th of March a WEEK AGO! You didn't hear about it did you? Not one second of air time on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or MSNBC. Lame stream media cover up. Remember the coverage the of the Duke University LaCrosse players got when that black hooker claimed they raped her? It was on every channel for weeks. In the end it turned out she made it up, no coverage of that though. We have enough bad actors already, we don't need to import any.
    liar

it is in every major media website newspaper

but you knew that, you just enjoy making things up

and of course illegals invented forcible sodomy, no US citizen would do such a thing

21. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, JoeE., Meggab liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kim Jong-un in North Korea seems to be provoking more and more. I suggest that Trump puts this high on the agenda and starts talking to China as to what should and could be done.

I'm sure that China is just as interested in finding a solution as the USA is and it will have to be China that takes the initiative in any action (military or otherwise) against North Korea.

The best solution IMO would be to find a sane leader (in agreement with China) and eliminate Kim. What has to be achieved is some kind of peaceful transition of power and feeding the people immediately to avoid mass fleeing.

Wonder what the masses will think when they find out they aren't the richest people on Earth.
    Young kim needs a lead injection 4 sure. Why can't Denmark pull her weight and take care of that issue?

23. Likes converterking liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fake news 4 sure, Models at her level don't need to sneak in, their employers pay the freight to get them in.
    For heaven's sake man think before you post. The difference between legal and illegal entry is money?
    Yeps, long live corruption.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Young kim needs a lead injection 4 sure. Why can't Denmark pull her weight and take care of that issue?
    'cause Denmark doesn't seem to be a prime target. Write again when you're sober.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since crime started going down as illegal immigration reached its peak, maybe we need more illegal immigrants............

Illegal immigration jumped around 1993, doubled by 2003

violent crime peaked in 1992, dropping 40 percent by 2003, to levels last seen in the 1960's

just sayin............

27. Likes JoeE. liked this post