Close
Login to Your Account
Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    But the relevant question is how many of YOU feel he was justified in thinking he was living under a tyranny? If you are honest a fair number of posters would reply YES.
    Probably not on this forum.
    There are plenty of anti-government folks out there.
    The 3%, storm front...the entire state of Idaho.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JNieman View Post
    "Why do we have a Second Amendment? It’s not to shoot deer. It’s to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!"

I mean, I agree with his statement, that is factually why it was written.
    Do you honestly believe that was the reason for the 2nd. amendment?

If some believe the government to be tyrannical it's OK to shoot? Guess you think your voting right is worthless?

Get back on your horse and ride off into the sunset.

3. Likes JoeE., converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post

If some believe the government to be tyrannical it's OK to shoot? Guess you think your voting right is worthless?

Historically he's correct.
    2A was in response to peasants not being allowed weapons.

The point is moot now, but that's the origin.

The funny thing is that this view is held by the right pretty aggressively.
    But only in the hands of people like Cliven Bundy and the Soverign Citizens.

Give black live matter guns to defend themselves against an oppressive police state and its a whole different story.

5. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So can I safely say that YOU do not consider Trump a tyrant, but merely dislike him and his policies?
    He would love to be...but he's not.
    The real threat to freedom these days is not the government, it's the economy.

And his policies are just going to make that worse.

7. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post

Of course I think that. It was. The only thing up for discussion is if it's still necessary/relevant. You can't change history - that /is/ why it was written.

No my voting right is not worthless.

Very old phrase goes:

"There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

9. Likes Scottl, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Used to be one would get hung for stealing a horse.. now-a-days kill 30 people and room and board for life...

Seems if a drunk driver slams into your car and kill your family he is in trouble ...but if you were not wearing your seat belt you were half at fault.. no I am not sure about that but it sure seems so..

Seems the world is very mixed up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post

Used to be one would get hung for stealing a horse.. now-a-days kill 30 people and room and board for life...
    I don't trust the government to not fuck up capital punishment. And due process is important. Much as I think the world is better off without some people: I don't see a good way to implement the irreversible act without unacceptable risk.

12. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JNieman View Post
    I don't trust the government to not fuck up capital punishment. And due process is important. Much as I think the world is better off without some people: I don't see a good way to implement the irreversible act without unacceptable risk.
    Yep.
    Too many clear failures to be worth it.

14. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps the second time you killed another person or the third child you raped.
    That old french devils island was a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps the second time you killed another person or the third child you raped.
    That old french devils island was a good idea.
    Devils island for convicts? You mean Australia?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Australia.. there is gold in Australia..
    Death for proof positive might have a 5% or less error rate..I think if hanging , not just going to sleep might be a deterrent.

Getting even with the bad guys is not as important as deterring the next guy...done is done...

If people knew they might get their nose busted they would not as often be a smart mouth..

We even have special meals for some...they could miss a meal once a week but that would be harsh punishment...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[were notoriously brutal] living with like people..yes that would be a hard life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You completely misunderstand. It's only OK to shoot BACK if the government ever devolved into a true tyranny, which is where power and whim make the protection of law obsolete and people can be imprisoned and even executed without trial.
    I am so glad to see that you agree the BLM protesters are so completely conservative in their approach to obvious tyranny

Or are you only meaning to say that right thinking white men are the onl;y ones to determine when a gov't has reached the stage of tyranny?

20. Likes OldSquier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The protesters out west who occupied a government facility while armed now face the consequences of their actions. They got the boxes out of order (the bullet box was supposed to be used LAST).

The Black Lives Matter movement started as peaceful protest questioning the events surrounding the death of Michael Brown....
    FWIW, plenty of white men get shot by police but you won't see mass protests on TV over it.
    Bullshit.
    Being black in this nation is flat out dangerous.
    The police in this nation do not serve their black communities as public servants.
    Driving while black is still a shooting offense...even with a camera cops are hardly ever prosecuted...I was scared is enough to get you off.
    Scared of what? His skin?

Frankly if there is a cause for 2A activity I'd say it was this, not the Soverign citizens, and other denizens of storm front.

And what consequences are our friends in Malaher facing...nothing.
    If that had blm they'd have been blown off the face of the planet...like MOVE in 1985.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And you "know" this how, from personal experience or what you see on TV? While it may be an unpleasant fact that people don't want to face, an enormous number of young black men are involved with violent gangs and have a far greater risk of getting killed by other young black men than by police. The gangbangers are notorious "shooters" and seem to care nothing for lives outside their own gang. Shootings are an almost daily occurrence in some neighborhoods and many innocent people including small children often end up as "collateral damage". Most of them have no restraint about shooting cops and the cops know it, which is why most cops, including black ones, are on high alert when they interact with anyone who might be a gangbanger.

FWIW, I have seen many photos of "the gentle giant" and he was wearing way too much red clothing to not have been part of a certain gang active in that area that is known to severely punish any wannabee that dares to wear those colors. You don't fly the flag unless you're part of the army.
    Setting aside all this racist apologist bullshit.
    The statistics are very clear that being black in this nation makes you something along the lines of 5 times as likely to be killed by a cop.
    When corrected for location, crime densities, socioeconomic bracket etc.
    Having black skin puts you at dramatically increased risk of being shot, jailed, increases the length of your sentences.
    And all these effects are after the data is normalized for other factors.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

calculate this .. how much penalty does it take to get the spilled milk back into the bottle.

The whole concept of Penalty is wrong.. it is not about the done is done crime but also about the next time.

Just another being stupid.

I'v known jail birds that seem anxious to go back in to see their buddies and tell their stories..

[started as peaceful protest] Many of the protests are causing much problem ..even honest normal people are getting riled up. We need cops or the bad guys would rule everything...Yes some cops did stupid things but most are on the good side.. Agree being black.. being in a tough neighborhood.. not being the polite guy.. with both hands showing might get you or me shot.

Don't trust cops , the TV news, politicians , your kid's teachers, you neighbors

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't trust cops , the TV news, politicians , your kid's teachers, you neighbors
    And you too?

25. Likes converterking liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is this the longest thread in Practical Machinist's history, or what? 79 pages 55,000 replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

28. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

White man is on private property parking lot. Black man is walking down a public street in what looks like a tough neighborhood..

All things considered a white man walking down that same street would have been treated differently..Very likely the same.

Police should consider a person with an AR in any place an AR is not normal...That is protecting all of us from bad guys. I used to walk through The high school with 98 Mausers. Yes the bolt never taken to school..You would not see that today. Used to sporterize 98s in the high school machine shop. One time Gill's had 98s in a barrel for 6 or $12 each.. some had matching numbers and good barrels. Dressed up they wtre worth $35 or $40.