Close
Login to Your Account
Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    White man is on private property parking lot. Black man is walking down a public street in what looks like a tough neighborhood..

All things considered a white man walking down that street would have been treated differently..
    Last time the white man walked down the street in Colorado Springs like the cops waved it off.
    Went on to kill three people.
    Open carry becomes focus after Colorado Springs shooting rampage – The Denver Post

Regardless...the law was the same in either place...and first dude was on the sidewalk.

If the white kid were treated like the black kid...how loud would be the out cry from the NRA?

2. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

calculate this .. how much penalty does it take to get the spilled milk back into the bottle.

The whole concept of Penalty is wrong.. it is not about the done is done crime but also about the next time.

Just another being stupid.

I'v known jail birds that seem anxious to go back in to see their buddies and tell their stories..

[started as peaceful protest] Many of the protests are causing much problem ..even honest normal people are getting riled up. We need cops or the bad guys would rule everything...Yes some cops did stupid things but most are on the good side.. Agree being black.. being in a tough neighborhood.. not being the polite guy.. with both hands showing might get you or me shot.

Don't trust cops , the TV news, politicians , your kid's teachers, you neighbors
    Don't need cops...give everyone an ar.
    More guns less crime.

4. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't beat me up ..I said:

QT ME: "Police should consider a person with an AR in any place an AR is not normal."

Leave out the rest of the story to make it seem different.

Teasing and testing Cops is never a good idea..They are tough guys who have to watch out for bad guys..They have guns and know how to use them. Take away the cops and more black and whites would be shot , robbed , raped, and what ever.

You video this as I am going to advance to a cop with a knife in my hand and see what happens. Oh my goodness the cop shot him... go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't beat me up ..I said:

QT ME: Police should consider a person with an AR in any place an AR is not normal.
    It's Americas rifle!
    How dare you slander such an American tradition.
    LaPiere will send people after you for such sacrilege.

Besides its not the gun, that's an inanimate object.
    Like a spoon.
    How can that be not normal.

Still, I would think the rough neighborhood is where I'd want the gun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't look now, but from every source I've read, it was a Chinese SKS in 7,62x39, not an AR platform. He also had a S&W 9mm, and >gasp<, he owned a shotgun.

But don't let the facts interfere with your liberal bedwetting. After all, it was a BernieBro shooter who had stated that Trump and republicans needed to be destroyed that opened fire on his perceived opposition. Dude even volunteered for the Bernie Sanders campaign.

Thank god he was a typical liberal idiot, otherwise more people than the shooter himself would have died. His aim was poor, the Capitol Police aim was much better

Said SKS was likely imported before 1989 when GHWB signed a law about banning "assault weapons" from foreign countries.

Sadly, this story is being scrubbed from front pages all over; it simply does not fit the narrative of 'Russia, Russia, Russia'.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    It's Americas rifle!
    How dare you slander such an American tradition.
    LaPiere will send people after you for such sacrilege.

Besides its not the gun, that's an inanimate object.
    Like a spoon.
    How can that be not normal.

Still, I would think the rough neighborhood is where I'd want the gun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    Don't look now, but from every source I've read, it was a Chinese SKS in 7,62x39, not an AR platform. He also had a S&W 9mm, and >gasp<, he owned a shotgun.

But don't let the facts interfere with your liberal bedwetting. After all, it was a BernieBro shooter who had stated that Trump and republicans needed to be destroyed that opened fire on his perceived opposition. Dude even volunteered for the Bernie Sanders campaign.

Thank god he was a typical liberal idiot, otherwise more people than the shooter himself would have died. His aim was poor, the Capitol Police aim was much better

Said SKS was likely imported before 1989 when GHWB signed a law about banning "assault weapons" from foreign countries.

Sadly, this story is being scrubbed from front pages all over; it simply does not fit the narrative of 'Russia, Russia, Russia'.
    Just responding to his comment.
    Regarding an entirely different event.
    But please feed your narrative...or follow the thread back..

I like my SKSs, cheap, easy, effective.
    Do please be aware...the sear is questionable and needs to be inspected for run away fire.
    Although it does explain his low kill rate.
    The SKS requires a little more skill than a monkey masturbating to reload.

As noted earlier earlier...he should have spent more time at the range.
    But then, really...shouldn't we all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No. He was a psychopath, and because our influential gun lobbies are so effective, there were no checks in place to keep a psychopath from owning this war-zone weapon.

The Bernie connection is happenstance, and of interest simply because it's anomalous. Far more typical that a similarly addled person is shooting up an abortion clinic and identifies as a right-wing conservative. We see that so much it fades into the background.

10. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Has the "right to bear arms" ever made the USA a safer place to live?

Depending on the situation that "right" is used to cover:

1. Personal protection.
    2. Home protection.
    3. To overturn the government if necessary.
    4. "I don't need one but it's my right so I gotta have one"

No matter what you have someone always has something bigger and more lethal.

How U.S. gun deaths compare to other countries - CBS News

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/u...orld.html?_r=0

12. Likes Meggab, JoeE., converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I'm going with yes and thinking you do not know my city.
    Bob

14. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    It's absolutely made my life safer.

No harm or even near-accident has occurred on my watch, either. Including my time working for firearm manufacturing businesses. Including my time in competitive shooting events. I've shot more by my 30s than most will shoot in their life. I've shot more variety of weapons and PROBABLY more rounds than most people in our military. Pretty much would have to be a gunner, grunt, or had a lot of years at FOBs with a range and freely available ammo to trump me.

I'm in no way unique either.

16. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seams all these causes are making people angry and the nuts are resorting to killing people..It is not just the Muslim radicals but previously normal people being led down the Nut Case path..Yes if it continues our guns will be in jeopardy.

Black lives matter, Fry like bacon, Never Trumpers, Save the seals.. People going crazy more than normal..People finding their purpose in life..Way too much thinking by people who know little of the matters except what they are led to believe by manipulators’ who lead the causes for what ever reason. And yes the people with not a life except for being stupid..

Guess we can blame computers. People finding time to think and post about things they know little about. Soon becoming an expert in Dumb and there starts a new cause or following manipulators’ on one already started..

Guess the NRA should begin a gun safety program to weed out the nut cases.NRA gun training and safety exam.

I know some nut will take the program ..then go on a shooting spree just to mock the program.
    Looks like our guns are doomed..What a shame..Likely I need a gun at kellyroadcamp because bears are common there..but I have been stepping over bear poop for many tears now with not carrying one..Yes I need (want) a gun for hunting.

I don’t have time to be stupid as I am taking 13 boy scouts to Florida for shark fishing next week..What? That’s stupid? Oh no!

Wow..I wonder if one of the fathers will bring a piece to protect our boys.

18. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

<snip>
    I don’t have time to be stupid as I am taking 13 boy scouts to Florida for shark fishing next week..What? That’s stupid? Oh no!

Wow..I wonder if one of the fathers will bring a piece to protect out boys.
    I gonna go with YES on the stupid part.

There's gotta be better/safer places to go shark fishin' ...

20. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually now with more nuts shooting people..We need guns to shoot back.

T shirts with "Good Guy" "Nut Case" might make sense.
    or the nuts could wear red hats...No wait, red hats are for hunting....

But this..Protocol in the Grinding Room.. a much better thread we know something about..

Got to pack my bags and get going..Yes am taking my panning pan and mess kit.

Could shake the dust off a SKS or my old 38 SW service revolver..but no..

Buck

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I retired from a career as a gunsmith in a very busy urban shop. So, that's the experience that informs my point of view.

This said...I don't know that I can say that guns make America any safer. When I was still working I encountered people everyday who definitely did not need a firearm. There are a ton of gun crazies ouĺ there fellas. The worst were "militia" guys. They were scary as hell. No way should they have anything more powerful than a slingshot.

I think it's perfectly okay to own firearms for sporting purposes, and home protection. I dont really approve of open carry. I think it invites trouble. Besides, the best gun is the one a bad guy doesn't know that you have.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't say we can have ANY firearm we want. We have to have controls on the types of firearms people can have. What are we going to allow bazookas? mortars? RPG's? One has to draw the line somewhere. We also need to get rid of firearms like Jennings 32 autos, and others like them. They are a damned menace. We refused to work on junk guns at the shop.

I guess what I'm getting at is that there is a middle ground where guns are concerned. We need to take reasonable precautions against the gun crazies. I'm not saying what we should do exactly -- I'll leave that to others. But, at present, the situation is not good. Way too many guns in the hands of nut-jobs!

Squire

23. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually now with more nuts shooting people..We need guns to shoot back.

Buck
    Assuming you aren't being sarcastic then your solution is nuts shooting at nuts?

I thought it was only in movies people hit what they were aiming at - unless of course it is only THE GOOD GUY the bad guy is shooting at.

The logic in that is to me like saying that driving while drunk is safer than when sober as statistically fewer get killed.

Top 1 Western Movie Gunfights - YouTube

Some of you are still "living the dream"

25. Likes converterking liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't carried a gun since the 60s, (yes under the car seat).. and really did not need one then (Detroit riots).
    Mostly if some one gets the drop on you then nothing you can do.. A nut with an AK or the like shooting people at 50 yards or less would be dead meat with my long service SW 38..yes that is a long shot so need to steady not just off hand. .I just don't like caring a gun.. they are heavy and need care...

I remember that we had to plug some guns .. seems 7 or 5 shots were legal when I was a kid(except for 22s) we were surprised when SKSs came to open market.. but yes one bullet can kill you.

I do hope Denmark stays a safe place..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gordon b. Clarke View Post
    i thought it was only in movies people hit what they were aiming at -
    ....ayfkm?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do hope Denmark stays a safe place..
    What Are Gun Laws In Denmark Like? They're Pretty Well Regulated

I've a much better chance of winning the weekly national lottery than I have of being shot or shot at.

What would probably make some Americans smile or gasp is that death or injury by gun makes the headlines here for several days. The good thing is that it's almost always bad guys shooting at other bad guys.

Crime in Denmark - Wikipedia

29. Likes JoeE., converterking liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
    ....ayfkm?
    covfete

31. Likes JoeE., Bobw, converterking liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    YES. Just yesterday two very dangerous escaped convicts were captured after being held at gunpoint by a rural homeowner who discovered them attempting to steal his vehicle. The two convicts were considered extremely dangerous and were both armed with handguns stolen from the guards they murdered during their escape from a prison bus.

Georgia fugitives captured by homeowners - CNN.com

You can check here* at any time and find numerous stories about armed citizens defending themselves against dangerous and often violent criminals. Of course you'll hate the source linked but every single story comes from local media sources where the incidents occurred and are fully verifiable. The text in red next to the date identifies the media source of each story.

* http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
    I know you think you're proving your point but that guns are so easily available to every Tom, Dick and Harry to me means just increasing the risks rather than the opposite.

To drive a car requires a license and you even need to be a minimum age.

KIDS WITH GUNS - YouTube
    Nice that kids always do as they're told.

11-Year Old Brings Gun to School 'For Protection' - YouTube

33. Likes converterking liked this post