Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinit View Post
    This is part of what can be a years long process with suppliers like Apple and Applied Materials ... It is not so simple as to call and get a part to quote on and then you are in. Not always that easy unless you are really good and well equipped.
    Can't speak for Apple but I did one job for Applied Materials. If their PA were on fire I wouldn't walk across the sidewalk to piss on him. Ridiculous demands, low price, late payments, total shit company operated by certified assholes. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

2. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Can't speak for Apple but I did one job for Applied Materials. If their PA were on fire I wouldn't walk across the sidewalk to piss on him. Ridiculous demands, low price, late payments, total shit company operated by certified assholes. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.
    They are tough yet if you can stay in good with them it can be very mutually beneficial. Did I say one had to be tough? I think I did. They can be a great partner and my hat is off for anyone who is able to profit from the relationship and provide good service to them. Like I said it is tough and requires dedicated service to merge.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They are tough yet if you can stay in good with them it can be very mutually beneficial.
    You mean, like, sell your soul ?

I haven't got quite that low yet

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    You mean, like, sell your soul ?

I haven't got quite that low yet
    Yep it can be wirth it though. Pure Capitalism. It is like staying in a rough marriage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is on Apple as they moved all the way across the world and made sure the right equipment and workforce were there to do the job. Did Apple lose their ability to choose a proper supplier? .....
    T'is not on Apple or even their problem.
    As a multinational they have a solution. Trying to sub it in the USA for whatever reason is the problem.
    It becomes a problem for US suppliers, not Apple who will go along supplying the world just fine.
    When people in the USA realize that their prized market of making things are now worldwide and not just here we may make progress and do something about wage stagflation.
    Until then we blame and want to kill the messenger.
    If you don't want to fight China, Vietnam, India, .. you will get your clock cleaned. Find yourself an exit strategy or a protected niche.
    Bob

7. Likes camscan liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I doubt if we'll ever know the range in prices offered or who even got the order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Been in cold forming for 46 years including a 9 year stint with National Machinery. We don't do screws in my current location anymore although some of our other divisions do. Mostly complicated parts that only a few years ago would be unthinkable on a forming machine.

All screws quoted here anymore are sourced offshore or to sister plants. We only get the stuff no one else can or wants to do. Some jobs we are the only bidder in the USA.

Biggest issue is not being able to find what I would call is decent trainable help. Doesn't matter how much you pay either. Hear the same story everywhere I go.