What's new
What's new

UK Back In Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for you, and others in UK, but needed... Vaccines will give us our life back- imagine what it was like for people pre development of jabs?

Hang in there Sami (and your son!)

4sk3ux.jpg

Sorry for you, and others in UK, but needed... Vaccines will give us our life back- imagine what it was like for people pre development of jabs?

Hang in there Sami (and your son!)

Thanks for that - and FYI Camscan's okay and his usual chirpy self - I spoke with him at the weekend, like any sensible elderly folk in the UK, he and his wife are keeping their heads down and avoiding other folk as much as possible.

Numbers wise I think the USA is headed for another lockdown. Locally in BFE the latest positivity rate on tests is 17.7%. The state of Nevada is putting prisoners ahead of seniors for vax, and still nothing more than the soft roll-out for vax for those over 75yo.

Available ICU beds for the whole state of Texas is now 623, that is lowest I have seen it yet.

Stay safe, I'm avoiding everybody.

Thanks for that - and FYI Camscan's okay and his usual chirpy self - I spoke with him at the weekend, like any sensible elderly folk in the UK, he and his wife are keeping their heads down and avoiding other folk as much as possible.

"Sensible", is he now?

B****y costly way to modify his behaviour, a multi-round global pandemic!

D'you suppose we can get a refund if he goes a bit crackers again?

"Sensible", is he now?

B****y costly way to modify his behaviour, a multi-round global pandemic!

D'you suppose we can get a refund if he goes a bit crackers again?

Leave it out Bill. This virus has shut all the pubs. Do you really think I would be responsible for that?

Leave it out Bill. This virus has shut all the pubs. Do you really think I would be responsible for that?

Tried that. Arose one sunny morning, decided it look good enough out, I'd just leave it out.

Got arrested on the way to the office for dirty walking.

Go figure!

:(

As to pubs? Lessee if we can figure out how to get a game o' darts running over the wire on PM?

Easily a dozen of my most favourite English beverages have been out of stock for a year. Meanwhile, Marmite, the classic marmalades, Youngs of Grimsby fish are all more plentiful than ever, Young's even on promotional sale pricing quite often.

So SOMEBODY has shifted buying habits back in Blighty and found a way around the pubs - kept the Bombardier, Marstons, and Black Sheep to-home, sent us the Bovril, jam, and Marmite.

Over here they are reporting anyone in the UK who doesn't know what vaccine they got for the first shot, will get another of any kind!

that if true you would have to think screws up the one two shot and maybe wastes both doses .....or am i wrong on the info and results.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 7.09.34 pm.jpg

There is a image attached of what the local papers cartoon drawers take on it is..
ITs a little small to see all the detail....how to enlarge?

Over here they are reporting anyone in the UK who doesn't know what vaccine they got for the first shot, will get another of any kind!

that if true you would have to think screws up the one two shot and maybe wastes both doses .....or am i wrong on the info and results.

View attachment 309640

There is a image attached of what the local papers cartoon drawers take on it is..
ITs a little small to see all the detail....how to enlarge?

Zoom in. Don't bother. Just go and find a proper cartoon.

They have proposed postponing the second dose beyond the planned interval in order to allow more people to get the first dose in a given time. There are arguments against this due to it not having been proven.

There should be no instance when a person gets a first dose of one vaccine followed by a second dose of another, since the local health authorities are keping records of treatment.

What seems to be an unfortunate commonality between the US and the UK is that both had governments that denied the immense risks of Covid, then botched the one bright light to come from the crisis - the rapid development of vaccines.

The clumsy rollout of the jab in both countries points to management and logistic failures. Frankly, I'd have tasked the military with implementing the transport and organization of the injections, with a combined political and medical oversight commission (weighted heavily towards the medical side) to establish orders of priority for who got the vaccines.

Or Amazon. But heck, my "president" doesn't like them very much.

Thank heavens that our Orange Menace is out in about two weeks. To my English friends, sorry about your Balding Bozo...

Thank heavens that our Orange Menace is out in about two weeks.

And just whom is it as will protect you helpless TDS-afflicted whiners from a harsher reality after he's no longer able to do?

The comfort of failing as a mob, sharing your misery together?

Got what you wanted, have you?

Like unto a patch of bad road, you are.

The healthier among us shall simply have to drive AROUND you - the static "potholes" of life's varied pavement, fading to a bad memory in the rear-view mirror.

:D

The UK is, so far, is running the fastest immunization campaign of any country other than Israel. Unfortunately the UK is also in a crappy position with covid currently and needs to quickly immunize to prevent a collapse of its economy. Hopefully the mandarins will listen to the medical experts and NOT give half doses of jabs, mix n match different vaccines, or other voodoo.

We in Canada, and definitely the US need to catch up to the UK’s jab rate.

L7

The UK is, so far, is running the fastest immunization campaign of any country other than Israel. Unfortunately the UK is also in a crappy position with covid currently and needs to quickly immunize to prevent a collapse of its economy. Hopefully the mandarins will listen to the medical experts and NOT give half doses of jabs, mix n match different vaccines, or other voodoo.

We in Canada, and definitely the US need to catch up to the UK’s jab rate.

L7

Logistics... might improve, but "catch up" won't happen.

- UK's average population density is more crowded than China.

- Canada is spread-out, "mostly".

- US is "both", given the huge city/county areas.

And we are about to transition from a proven "git 'er DONE" Fed-Gov to a proven perennial cluster-f**k.

Main thing as will "go up" is the rate of blame and excuses for failure.

BFD.

I had no plans to have it. Don't NEED any "Voodoo", thanks.

Doubt I'm alone in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back