What's new

Ups

• Thread starter otrlt
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 3,203
O

otrlt

I want to take the time to say some kind words to the family and co-drivers of the UPS driver that was killed today.

There are at least 3 to 6 drivers that I rely on every day. They are the last hands that touch my finished work, and they all know how important it is to me that it arrives on time and intact.

There is no difference from a younger driver to the most experienced, they all conduct themselves at the highest level. The younger drivers may not be as fast, but from my experience they are 100% reliable.

From day 1, it has been stated clearly on my website that we only ship BROWN.

You may want to edit the title while you still can to add the "OT" label.

Totally messed up situation. I'd read that the driver was allowed out of the truck, sad to hear he and a bystander were killed.

Thanks for the info Miland but I don't understand it. I think I'll leave it be.

I am certain that I'm not the only business that relies on UPS to this degree.

yes, that's a damn shame.

However, if the success of your business depends on the reliability of UPS, you might as well go stick your own head in the toilet.

I heard they were changing their slogan to, "Better Late than Never"

yes, that's a damn shame.

However, if the success of your business depends on the reliability of UPS, you might as well go stick your own head in the toilet.

Yes, my business relies heavily on UPS. I think of UPS as a partner and a indispensable contractor. No other service comes remotely close to their track record.

I take shipping very seriously, and my customers demand (by contract) that I use UPS.

Yes, my business relies heavily on UPS. I think of UPS as a partner and a indispensable contractor. No other service comes remotely close to their track record.

I take shipping very seriously, and my customers demand (by contract) that I use UPS.

Sorry to hear that. I just shipped a package to Oregon and it never showed up. I just got an email about 10 min ago, they found it in Kentucky. WTF???????

Still better than fudx, I suppose. I heard they just changed their slogan to, "When it absolutely, positively, has to be there whenever"

Hello Larry,
Sorry about your lost package, but I try to avoid residential shipping whenever possible.
I agree with you on FedEx. I don't like how they use private contractors to deliver packages. I also noticed something interesting about FedEx; every time I hear of a pile-up on a highway, I always see a FedEx Truck on it's side.

The brother of the UPS driver thinks it was police bullets that killed him. Given the massive number of shots they fired when surrounded by civilians, I won't be surprised if he and the other "non-baddy" died that way.

I hope there's an investigation with some teeth, it does sound like a terribly foolish assault that wasn't handled well at all.

I haven't heard anything about any shootings so I'll just state that when I send outside the EU I use Fedex (and am more that happy with their service) and usually, when I receive from outside the EU it is by TNT. Also excellent service.

Of course Fedex and TNT are now one and the same. I also have what I regard as an advantage. I live less than 10 minutes from the depots of the four major transporters. Fedex, TNT, UPS and DHL.

Found this so I know a little about what happened.

UPS hijacking ended in a hail of bullets in rush-hour traffic. Police now face questions about their response - CNN

When I see police chases like that my first thought is always "Where do so many police and police cars come from?".

When I see police chases like that my first thought is always "Where do so many police and police cars come from?".

The number of LEO and police cars/helicopters here is much higher than Europe on a per capita basis.

We had a small white car in one of the parking spaces at the shop. Somebody called the local cops (La Habra, CA) to report it stolen. They sent 4 (yes 4) cars to attend the crime scene! Turns out it wasn't stolen. Must have been a slow day for crime in our hood. I live 5 minutes drive from the shop. 50% of the time either I'll see a cop car while driving to or back from the shop.

If we had a shooting locally I bet the cap cars form La Habra,Brea, Fullerton and the LA/OC Sheriff would be dispatched, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 10+ cop cars arrive in less than 5 minutes, and a couple of helicopters too.

I come from Southampton in the UK, you could probably blow up a building there and they'd struggle to get a couple of cars to the scene.

Back