Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    I was disappointed to learn that this is not true anymore. When we were young it was 80-20 small companies-big companies but is now the opposite. This, to me, reflects a seriously bad change in American life.
    Yeah things are getting worse by the day...News just reporting hackers shut down an East Coast fuel/oil pipeline. What more could possibly wrong?

2. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thread TLDR: big company has boo-boo, obama's fault.

Trump would have kissed the boo-boo and made their butt-hurt *all* better!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    The whole "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit" thing is alive and sell with the trump cult people. They think that a lot of stupid words trump a few well thought out words. Speaking of baffling with bullshit, where's the king of BS, termite?
    Big Bs There fixed it for you. LOL

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Thread TLDR: big company has boo-boo, obama's fault.

Trump would have kissed the boo-boo and made their butt-hurt *all* better!
    Lucky Joe has someone like Kamala to take up where Trump left off.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Yeah things are getting worse by the day...News just reporting hackers shut down an East Coast fuel/oil pipeline. What more could possibly wrong?
    Yes true. I wonder who might be the culprit on this. EG any rumors over there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Thanks TR I do have interest in them. Remember the employees wanted to take over in the 80’s yet never could actually do it. Too much in the way perhaps. What do you think of the cyber attack on the colonial pipeline as far as energy impact?
    So I just saw this is a refined products pipeline so post refinery feeds.
    Effect on market- hard to say but it seems any threat to infrastructure seems to cause spikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Be you Gus. How could you just reply with something rational, reasonable, or even the least bit humorous?

It is impossible because when you do this you are in your alien reptile brain mode.

But hey lookie here over that way see there a wounded rabbit,possum, or wombat?
    That is your dinner! Yeah go sic em-get em!! What just happened? Well, we tricked your reptilian alien-implant brain into going dormant mode so that your primal brain can keep you from starving.

So far that and other efforts and processes which we use to protect you from yourselves in the interest of resetting your old personality from pre Trump times to dominate thus getting normal Gus back. Your welcome. Sometimes we have noticed some limited rational thought and old Gus humor. It is a tough job.

We have not figured out yet how to remove the old hippie radical stuff yet and it interferes with your proper reset. Don’t worry you can keep posting meanwhile then at least you might be helpful as a bad example.
    and here you remove your mouth plug and let your stupid out again

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pipeline-

I am wondering if this represents and downstream result of last years Russian cyberbreach of Solarwinds.
    If I were in defense I would take a dim view of such an attack against critical infrastructure.

These systems need to be better defended- If this attack is not done by our adversaries it certainly is pointing the way for those actors to develop and use our vulnerabilities.

The pipeline is still down as of this morning and has a throughput of 2.5 million barrels/day of refined product gasoline and jet fuel.
    I see this cited as 45% of all East Coast fuel delivery.
    Monday in the futures markets is going to be interesting..

10. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Pipeline-

I am wondering if this represents and downstream result of last years Russian cyberbreach of Solarwinds.
    If I were in defense I would take a dim view of such an attack against critical infrastructure.

These systems need to be better defended- If this attack is not done by our adversaries it certainly is pointing the way for those actors to develop and use our vulnerabilities.

The pipeline is still down as of this morning and has a throughput of 2.5 million barrels/day of refined product gasoline and jet fuel.
    Bloomberg's credits a cyber group(?) 'DarkSide' and the report says a data breach was happening Thursday. No word if Colonial paid the ransom that is being demanded.

12. Likes Trboatworks liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So I just saw this is a refined products pipeline so post refinery feeds.
    Effect on market- hard to say but it seems any threat to infrastructure seems to cause spikes.
    Yes it directly effects flow supply and delivery right before it is essentially delivered over a wide swath of the US. It carries in part refined gasoline. The pipeline is huge cutting from the Northeast US through southern states all the way southeast to Texas.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg White View Post
    Eye of the beholder. I think the same about your posts quite a bit and they have no humor just unbridled anger and ignorance.

I bet you are the life of the party at Least EG and Gus are such die hards they can be comical and entertaining to those of us who understand the rebel renegade routine. They pull that off kind of well and yet I have never thought much about you.

If EG is not a political operative he definitely should at least be a paid one. Myself I am not convinced of that and yet he is sneaky enough to drop hints which cause me to conclude he has been in the US. Sometimes he pretends or honestly lets his love of America shine through. (Choke cough cough)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pipeline-

The saddest thing really is despite our huge investments and over commitment these things go completely neglected and they build up under each president. Consider the US is currently 10 years behind deploying a equal Hypersonic missile equal to the Russians. Neglected! Handling anything China could be very costly everyone knows. Vise versa too. Except for these Missiles as they have them too.

To act like we would defend Ukraine from total invasion is a bluff and a boast. We can not stop them. That is their yard. Since we can not stop them it would be devastating to the false belief which our allies have that we can handle things and come running. If we do not all hang together we will certainly hang and die separately.

TR I appreciate your take on your discipline very much. Sometimes it is over my head but I enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg White View Post
    Trueturning aka spinit can't help himself. She's part of the trump cult and can't think for herself.

17. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Eye of the beholder. I think the same about your posts quite a bit and they have no humor just unbridled anger and ignorance.

I bet you are the life of the party at Least EG and Gus are such die hards they can be comical and entertaining to those of us who understand the rebel renegade routine. They pull that off kind of well and yet I have never thought much about you.

If EG is not a political operative he definitely should at least be a paid one. Myself I am not convinced of that and yet he is sneaky enough to drop hints which cause me to conclude he has been in the US. Sometimes he pretends or honestly lets his love of America shine through. (Choke cough cough)
    Some of us love our country enough to not support a pathological lying pig like trump. Then there are those like you who don't care about lies as long as you get what you want. I seriously don't think many of the trump cult members have any idea what they want. They only follow the lying pig off the cliff.

19. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The saddest thing really is despite our huge investments and over commitment these things go completely neglected and they build up under each president. Consider the US is currently 10 years behind deploying a equal Hypersonic missile equal to the Russians. Neglected! Handling anything China could be very costly everyone knows. Vise versa too. Except for these Missiles as they have them too.

To act like we would defend Ukraine from total invasion is a bluff and a boast. We can not stop them. That is their yard. Since we can not stop them it would be devastating to the false belief which our allies have that we can handle things and come running. If we do not all hang together we will certainly hang and die separately.

TR I appreciate your take on your discipline very much. Sometimes it is over my head but I enjoy it.
    Why do you insist on following a proven liar? If I live to be 150 years old I will never understand why anyone would support someone who lies to them non stop. I think it's a form of mental illness and I see a lot of it here.

21. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe we (the U.S.) has too many irons in the fire so to speak regarding International interests and needs to concentrate on Homeland issues which could use a whole lot of attention. Ukraine is a good "shop you broke it you bought it" example.

Anway, back to the pipeline. "The Ransom"--Depending on the economic impact: just send a bagman with the ransom. Pay it, tell the company to STFU and deal with the "who did it" before the citizens start making a run on gas stations.

"Who did it"? Well sure makes increasing the budget for Gov't security a likely thing and expanding all kinds of surveillance, so there is that. I'm sure those who are responsible already know "who did it" it more about how much money will it take to make it not happen again. The pipeline company probably needs some kind of Gov't bailout.

So, the pipeline cyber attack joins many similar events that have been happening for months now, just not as flashy as "stopping the supply of mo-gas and jetfuel whichs gets the peeps all revved up. This one hits the news on a Friday so it has a shelf life of the weekend and will make whatever new layers of gov't seem very necessary.

On Monday or Tuesday expect a presser announcing new sweeping reforms and another line item to the budget naming a new special agency (on top of previous new agencies) to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. In the meantime whichever politician needing time to cover for tome really gross screw up will find the pipeline event gets more clicks than your normal corruption or sex breaking news.

It ain't a Dem or Repub thing....it's how gov't get bigger and spends more money. Easiest would be to either go MOSSAD(Katsa) on the perps to end it, or simply hire them as consultants.

23. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Uhhh, Delaware?
    it's ok, he's just proving that he really is the idiot I thought he was.
    Him and trump will make a beautiful couple. dumb and dumber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    it's ok, he's just proving that he really is the idiot I thought he was.
    Him and trump will make a beautiful couple. dumb and dumber.
    I'd go with:

Corrupt and Dumbest.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader as to who is who.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Maybe we (the U.S.) has too many irons in the fire so to speak regarding International interests and needs to concentrate on Homeland issues which could use a whole lot of attention. Ukraine is a good "shop you broke it you bought it" example.

Anway, back to the pipeline. "The Ransom"--Depending on the economic impact: just send a bagman with the ransom. Pay it, tell the company to STFU and deal with the "who did it" before the citizens start making a run on gas stations.

"Who did it"? Well sure makes increasing the budget for Gov't security a likely thing and expanding all kinds of surveillance, so there is that. I'm sure those who are responsible already know "who did it" it more about how much money will it take to make it not happen again. The pipeline company probably needs some kind of Gov't bailout.

So, the pipeline cyber attack joins many similar events that have been happening for months now, just not as flashy as "stopping the supply of mo-gas and jetfuel whichs gets the peeps all revved up. This one hits the news on a Friday so it has a shelf life of the weekend and will make whatever new layers of gov't seem very necessary.

On Monday or Tuesday expect a presser announcing new sweeping reforms and another line item to the budget naming a new special agency (on top of previous new agencies) to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. In the meantime whichever politician needing time to cover for tome really gross screw up will find the pipeline event gets more clicks than your normal corruption or sex breaking news.

It ain't a Dem or Repub thing....it's how gov't get bigger and spends more money. Easiest would be to either go MOSSAD(Katsa) on the perps to end it, or simply hire them as consultants.
    I suspect that this was actually part of a much bigger Cyber attack. There were general VPN issues occurring in the eastern half of the US during the same time period.

This is the new way to conduct warfare and or terrorism against an adversary. Wars are won or lost by supply chain and disrupting an adversaries supply chain is the first step in establishing dominance.

Future Cyber attacks will be as devastating to our economy as has been the COVID pandemic unless we step up our game.

27. Likes Trboatworks, Hobby Shop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is my fear as well.
    I believe we are mistaken in conflating this event with mere burglary as in a ransom attack..