What's new
What's new

USA Covid 19 deaths pass 400,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDW

Diamond
A new record. 5 days, maybe less, and the death total in less than one year will pass the total number killed during WW2 in 4 years.

Remind me - it's just another mild influenza, right? It'll magically go away, right? If we don't test, we'll have very few cases, right?

Bullshit, it turns out, is a virus attractor, not a repellant.

Cue usual suspects to deflect, deny and make personal attacks. But meanwhile, the death rate has crossed the 4000/day point and still growing.

Yeah I know this thread will be locked too - but people need to be told.

PDW

Well thank god you for your informing us. You're so much smarter then us, we need the likes of you to save us from ourselves.

I mean...None of us would have ever known without you, it's not on the news or anything every 2 seconds.

Does virtue signaling feel good? Does this post make you feel better then others?

the thing you need to remember, Dying from Covid is a lot like voting for Biden. Everybody can do it 3 or 4 times.:eek:

You do know that the election was incredibility fair and honesty, right? And the recounts have generally added to Biden's tally? And that all of trumps lawyers couldn't show any fraud or irregularities of consequence in any state election?

And it was literally trump's lies about the election that fueled the Capitol riots? And that a cop was murdered during that riot?

Are you in favor of that? Of the murder of a policeman by insurrectionists high on trump lies?

Where do you stand? Are you Proud, Boy?

Well thank god you for your informing us. You're so much smarter then us, we need the likes of you to save us from ourselves.

I mean...None of us would have ever known without you, it's not on the news or anything every 2 seconds.

Does virtue signaling feel good? Does this post make you feel better then others?

what irritates you more? The point that was made, or the fact that 4000 died? just yesterday Your choice, but it says a lot about you.

dee
;-D

I put together a spreadsheet back in April that harvests data from a number of sources - mostly John Hopkins 91-DIVOC database.

CovidUSA.jpg

This is not your father's flu.

The employees here that have gotten it have all been under 45 years old, healthy, and recovered relatively quickly. All were at work as symptoms started and were immediately sent for testing and then quarantined for 10 days. So far we have had zero in-company transmissions of the virus - we all wear masks 100% of the time at work and interact mostly by phone / slack / e-mail. My mom tested positive last Tuesday and is not looking like she will be long for this world. The elderly are bearing the brunt of this by far.

The largest contributor to deaths has been an unwillingness to take it seriously and continued efforts to politicize this (perception that wearing a mask is violating a person's rights) rather than look out for the weakest among us and work to protect them by putting up with a small inconvenience of wearing a mask. (I know all the arguments how masks are ineffective . . . next time you are in surgery, just tell the medical staff that they don't need to wear a mask).

The US citizenry is simply experiencing the consequences of their increasing measure of collective ignorance and gullibility .

USA prior peak deaths about 2000, latest over 39k so yes it is back hard...
Hoping the vaccines make a turning point .. I am tired of the lock down.

I know this will just become another T or B thread and so get locked down,

what irritates you more? The point that was made, or the fact that 4000 died? just yesterday Your choice, but it says a lot about you.

dee
;-D

What irritates me more is that people already hear all of this day in and day out. How big does your ego have to be for you to believe you're going to be the one who changes people's minds.

Everyone knows what was said already, it's parroted all over the tv, radio, internet, etc.

What makes his statement any different from the other 1000+ people that said this today. Get over yourselves.

Where would one be likely to find "truth" in your senile posts? It must terrify you being alone knowing your mind us in hopeless decline.

Yeah. My mind "us" in hopeless decline.

So, would you like to answer the question? Does truth matter?

Because you follow an inveterate liar. Why doesn't that bother you?

Or are you unable to tell truth from fiction? Fact from lies?

Real shame if that's the case...

Just heard a guy on the radio talking about "excess deaths". This eliminates any question about cause of death being covid or not. It is a simple comparison of the average number of deaths in the last few years in any area with decent death reporting. His research shows that most countries with high reported covid rates have a higher then normal death rate. Showing that people are dying of something at a faster rate then normal.
Bill D

Yeah. My mind "us" in hopeless decline.

So, would you like to answer the question? Does truth matter?

Because you follow an inveterate liar. Why doesn't that bother you?

Or are you unable to tell truth from fiction? Fact from lies?

Real shame if that's the case...

"Inveterate liar"...if your referring to a politician(s) then no, it does not bother me. Not for a
a long time. Bush, Clinton, Obama, Trump, Biden.

Wish you the best in your quest fo the truth though old man.

Just heard a guy on the radio talking about "excess deaths". This eliminates any question about cause of death being covid or not. It is a simple comparison of the average number of deaths in the last few years in any area with decent death reporting. His research shows that most countries with high reported covid rates have a higher then normal death rate. Showing that people are dying of something at a faster rate then normal.
Bill D

Bill - I have seen similar stats across multiple countries . . . I know that in San Francisco they have had far more drug overdoses in 2020 than in prior years and this is seen as a consequence of lock downs and related economic hardships - Overdose Deaths Far Outpace COVID-19 Deaths in San Francisco (CA) - JEMS This is a trend that is true for many large cities.

Lots of secondary reasons for increased numbers of deaths indirectly related to the pandemic. Everything from (I am not going to the doctor for this because I might catch COVID) to overloaded emergency rooms that give sub-standard care.

Hopefully by mid to late summer the adverse influences of the pandemic will have a diminishing effect on the demographic that flirts with the grim reaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.