What's new
What's new

Website listing made in USA products

morsetaper2

Diamond
http://www.usstuff.com/prodlist.htm

Needing a pair of jeans so I thought I'd try to identify any still made in USA before I went looking. God I hate buying clothes. Just to find a pair of jeans that fit can sometimes be 2-3 hr investment. Then I have to have them altered to fit in the length.

Apparently LL Bean jeans are US made by "Union*Made". There is also a half-page ad in "Parade" (half-baked syndicated magazine that comes w/ Sunday Washington Post) for "Union*Made" jeans. They are selling by internet w/ free shipping if ordered by Dec 15th.

Probably need to check actual product for verification at the rate production is moving offshore.

I'm the asshole now. My mother was shopping for a new car. I told her don't expect me to ever work on it if she buys a foreign car. The conversation went on that she didn't care where the things where made that she bought. She had to think about this for a second when I asked her if her retirement funds where invested in US companies or companies in Asia. Typical of most folks around here. Income is generally tied to a government job. They don't care. My mother bought a Pontiac Vibe, made by toyota. I owned one toyota in the eighties. The worst truck I ever owned - a rust bucket to boot. The only vehicle I ever owned that left me stranded on the side of the hwy. It had quite an appetite for timing chain adjusters. It munched 2 of them. Head gasket (22r motor) started leaking just as the warranty let up. To this day wonder why they enjoy such a good reputation. I guess mine was a Monday morning truck.

[This message has been edited by morsetaper2 (edited 11-16-2003).]

I wear Wranglers. Last I knew they were still made stateside. ??? If not, it is a very recent change.

Thanks for the link! I uderstand about the search. Had to do the same thing for a pr of sidecuts this summer. Either Tiawan, or high quality / expensive made in Germany. ??? I ended up ordering them from Armstrong!

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back