What happens in and to the UK after Brexit?
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default What happens in and to the UK after Brexit?

Time is running out and I cant see Brexit benefitting the UK. It will be very interesting (understatement?) to see how things go. There still seems so much undecided. A question to UK members. Those of you that voted for leaving the EU, would you change your vote now if you could?

Even something like the border between Northern Ireland and Eire as far as travelling across it is still not finalized. Eire could easily become the main connection between the UK and the EU.

Any Brits worried or is it a case of Well mange no matter what?

Theresa May's latest Brexit speech shows all bets are off | John Crace | Politics | The Guardian

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seeing as no one else will bite, here's how I see it panning out.

1. The EU will fuck us over.
    2. The USA will fuck us over
    3. China next
    4. Canada
    5. etc. etc.
    100. Till we get to Trinidad and Tobago, the Soloman Islands & Rockall, who will, in their turn, fuck us over.
    101. We'll rejoin the EU with the Euro and Schengen.

Call me an optimist if you want but you've got to look on the bright side!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barratt View Post

3. China next
    4. Canada
    5. etc. etc.
    100. Till we get to Trinidad and Tobago, the Soloman Islands & Rockall, who will, in their turn, fuck us over.

Based on that it looks like your sex life will be busy

dee
    ;-D

4. Likes adama, pressbrake1, MichaelP liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does anybody actually know yet what the future relationship between the UK and the EU will be, in terms of immigration/emigration/trade/banking etc?

I'm from the UK, and had planned on retiring in France or Portugal, not sure that's viable now.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Does anybody actually know yet what the future relationship between the UK and the EU will be, in terms of immigration/emigration/trade/banking etc?

I'm from the UK, and had planned on retiring in France or Portugal, not sure that's viable now.
    The EU knows.
    Our politicians might know (being optimistic again) but they've not worked out how to tell us the bad news yet.

We just know that:
    Brexit means Brexit?
    No deal is better than a bad deal (Yeh, right)
    It's the will of the people.
    blah blah blah.

What a complete cock up.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barratt View Post

3. China next
    4. Canada
    5. etc. etc.

Seeing as how it was decided to make the decision a voting issue then I'd call the outcome more masturbation than regular sex.

I doubt very much if the consequences of a "NO" had been thought through.

Denmark and the European Union - Wikipedia

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

possibly they will trying doing things differently even weekly to see if things get better
    like listening to the people saying the sky is falling dont anybody have experience in business where often things change daily it aint a big deal.
    like a ship on of voyage you tend to change directions as you go.
    like hearing on the news the north poll is at record temp. yet when i google temperature north pole every day its like -20F to -50F, maybe they expect everybody cant directly google temp of north pole and they expect people to believe what ever they say

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I said on the day after the poll that Brexit just won't happen. As somebody else said - " It's like trying to take the eggs out of an omelette ".

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Honestly most of my trade is outside the EU so i dont see it mattering much sales wise.

On the plus side being out of it at least lets us fuck it up ourselves which we undoubtedly will. My concern is if out ends up meaning we still try and play along like we are in it (ie all the European regulations are still enforced and we end up being the dog being wagged by the tail) and still have to suck the European cock like we have been. That would to me be worst case.

If we truly break free then theres a future, all depends though on being free of it and not still being a follower who is no longer a member.

I don't trust much of the news and i sure as hell don't trust the politicians on it, EU land seams to be were most of them end up when they can no longer get elected to our own government. Whilst its not exactly corrupt, its got its own smell to it and its not exactly what it was ment to be IMHO.

If we do make a go of it alone, then i expect more will follow in years to come. That said, at current dithering, its going to be like 2025 or so before we have been out of it and things settle down enough to see what its really like, summer 2019 won't be the time to draw any conclusions what so ever, its going to take a few years to reverse this cluster fuck and learn - manage our selves.

Thats assuming we don't go to war with russia because last time i checked chemical weapons attacks were the kinda thing you did to your enemy. Poisoning spies is one thing, when it effects innocent civilians, some asses need to be kicked and that may well mean Mr Putin needs some serious reprocutions. Which is a shame because i thought we were past all the old cold war bullshit.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What EU has become is certainly not something I imagined when I voted "Yes" back in 1972. I was all for ease of trade and drastically reducing red tape.

It's since become a monster and paradise for incompetent/ has been politicians and bureaucrats . Denmark is one of the most EU sceptical countries but I can't imagine it coming to a vote to leave. I don't think either that those in the UK that voted "No" thought they would win and that it was just meant to be a protest.

Ah well, que sera sera.

12. Likes hermetic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We will be just fine despite the pessimists!

OK it WON'T be the same, but that's a good thing - we'll have a little more say about what happens.

I honestly cannot see all those trading partners in continental Europe not wanting to continue, and they will no doubt 'explain' this to their politicians !

In my view we should have walked the day the vote was counted, and just said 'you known the phone number - call us if you like' All this current shilly shsllying is a waste of time.. . .but then,

I'm just a blunt Yorkshireman and just say as I find

14. Likes adama, hermetic, Panza, Jersey John liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We will be just fine despite the pessimists!

OK it WON'T be the same, but that's a good thing - we'll have a little more say about what happens.

I honestly cannot see all those trading partners in continental Europe not wanting to continue, and they will no doubt 'explain' this to their politicians !

In my view we should have walked the day the vote was counted, and just said 'you known the phone number - call us if you like' All this current shilly shsllying is a waste of time.. . .but then,

I'm just a blunt Yorkshireman and just say as I find

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I don't think either that those in the UK that voted "No" thought they would win and that it was just meant to be a protest.

Ah well, que sera sera.
    No theres a very large percentage over here that wanted the trade union we originally voted yes too, but very much did not want to create the super state the EU is trying to form.

17. Likes andrewmawson, pressbrake1 liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    No theres a very large percentage over here that wanted the trade union we originally voted yes too, but very much did not want to create the super state the EU is trying to form.
    Same here and in fact that "large percentage" is probably a majority. I doubt though that voting to leave the EU would get a majority. If the EU is to change it'll only be from within.

Personally I'm not pro EU as it is but I wouldn't vote to leave. Same here with PM. I certainly don't agree with the views and rhetoric of some PM members but I've no intention of quitting PM. There's also the fact that there is no PM member I agree or disagree with 100%. Some though come close

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^ yeah but how do you plan for it to change? Theres no real vote for who represents us there, theres no way the typical brit has any say on european policy, we got rid of absolute rule by our monarch a long time ago, we don't need that replaced by a eu that over rules our own government on everything and results in our own rules - government being what suits the other states of the EU more than ourselves. We have always been some what independant we don't want to lose that as its a large part of whats made us prosper and built the empire.

20. Likes camscan, andrewmawson, pressbrake1 liked this post
    Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the plus side being out of it at least lets us fuck it up ourselves which we undoubtedly will. My concern is if out ends up meaning we still try and play along like we are in it (ie all the European regulations are still enforced and we end up being the dog being wagged by the tail) and still have to suck the European cock like we have been. That would to me be worst case.

Thats assuming we don't go to war with russia because last time i checked chemical weapons attacks were the kinda thing you did to your enemy. Poisoning spies is one thing, when it effects innocent civilians, some asses need to be kicked and that may well mean Mr Putin needs some serious reprocutions. Which is a shame because i thought we were past all the old cold war bullshit.
    I see much of the same cry about "regulations" in here. "Regulations" are pet peeve of press and often with 100% added imagination to make better headlines.
    And often its just easy excuse for politicians and rule makers. When the politics really want (like car taxation in Finland) they seem to be able to bend and make their own regulations perfectly fine!

Case Russia is more intresting.. why the hell to use something that trails directly to homeland?
    Show off? "see what we can do and there is nothing you can do about it?"
    Or testing how well prepared the western NATO countries are and how well they can detect Polonium or Russian nerve gases?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or just saying fuck you to a enemy whilst a leader that is in power there has no balls or in this previous case tits. Though i think its fair to say Mr's thatcher certainly had a pair based on the falklands, if she had been around for this we would find out if the piddly uk could or could not defeat russia and we probaly would have the answer by now too (not sure it would work out at all well for us???)

Pure speculation on my part, but im sure theres plenty of ex spies from god only knows what side that dislike both us and russia, more than happy to stir the pot like u guys??? REMEMBER POST SNOWDEN, WE KNOW YOU WILL STICTH US UP!!

Can't belive russia would risk using a new chemical agent for something as petty as this either, because f we could not detect it you can bet your ass we will be able to in the very very near future, surely the whole goal of a new nerve agent if it really is as effective as this stuff is to keep it in reserve and secret to only be used when you have too, not lose the edge of its secrecy???

Equally im really not sure how much i trust the reporting on either side. Hell in the world of fake news, do we even know if this is real, look at sadam and the WMD shit there, as a citizen of a country, just how much can you trust of your leaders when the information gets spun so readily and they have lied so much in the past? its the one thing the flat earthers have proved to me, if it is not something that effects you it makes fuck all difference what side of the story you believe. Because yets face it, weather i believe the earths flat or round makes no real diffrence with anything i do this week! Same with this, it makes sweat FA diffrence to my real life.

23. Likes camscan, cellardoor7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^ yeah but how do you plan for it to change? Theres no real vote for who represents us there, theres no way the typical brit has any say on european policy, we got rid of absolute rule by our monarch a long time ago, we don't need that replaced by a eu that over rules our own government on everything and results in our own rules - government being what suits the other states of the EU more than ourselves. We have always been some what independant we don't want to lose that as its a large part of whats made us prosper and built the empire.

so because of imagined bureaucratic slights you vote for a policy that undoubtedly lessens your standard of living. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face

There is no doubt that the EU is problematic. SO you fix it. You vote for the people who vote for your representatives.

Now your country is headed for an exit with zero leverage in negotiations

good job, see where it gets you

Prediction: delay delay delay, until the gov't falls. New liberal gov't throws up its hands and says it cannot be done

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can't belive russia would risk using a new chemical agent for something as petty as this either, because f we could not detect it you can bet your ass we will be able to in the very very near future, surely the whole goal of a new nerve agent if it really is as effective as this stuff is to keep it in reserve and secret to only be used when you have too, not lose the edge of its secrecy???

Equally im really not sure how much i trust the reporting on either side. Hell in the world of fake news, do we even know if this is real, loo
    wow, so you realize the Russians are the experts in fake news, that they poison people all the time, its their signiture, and they want you do doubt it

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brexits just another BS fear laden distraction shovelled out there to divert our attention from more important matters, keeps the great unwashed in check.
    Ive got a question about threads if u a moment Gordon.

27. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post