What's new
What's new

Where do you see te opportunity in American Manufacturing?

Jellyghost

Plastic
If you were starting a new manufacturing company in the US, what types of things would you produce? Where do you see the greatest opportunities for new American manufacturing?

Do you need help spamming??? :toetap:

Actually,my background is in home renovation, and I run a non-profit. I was looking for something outside the box. All of the usual suspects like tools, furniture etc... already have a lot of people trying to start new companies.
Within my circle of friends, I have a guy who runs a medical goods retail company, a guy who has manufacturing company that produces hardware for construction, and some engineers. We have been casually discussing ideas.
I suppose it is spam because I am just fishing for ideas.

Let's give the guy a break. Reasonable question.

One answer is to find a problem in your own world and solve it. Must be a zillion things that could go better in home renovation.

We're going to need more and cheaper AC -- and split systems are still pricey and, if not, unreliable.

Could be a business with home do-overs to modern security, LED lighting, Internet audio, maybe solar.

Water coming into many places is contaminated and lots of people with things like UV or reverse-osmosis don't maintain them. Someone could have the most efficient service.

Hundreds more . . . don't forget leveraging cell phones.

----

Another answer is to figure what the next big industries are going to be - and jump in with something innovative early.

Around there that would likely be Tupperware parties, where there was cannabis in every container?

More seriously, lots of equipment needed to support new medical tech, energy conservation and production, etc. You might be in clover if you made hyperbaric chambers to sit next to peoples' Pelatons. Healthier junk food has made several people millionaires. Larger scale stuff (self-driving trucks etc. etc. probably not what you're aiming for).

One thing I'd like to see is a universal cordless tool battery system. One well made Li ion battery with adapters (both the physical connection on monitoring) to retrofit to most every brand now lying around on life support.

One thing I'd like to see is a universal cordless tool battery system. One well made Li ion battery with adapters (both the physical connection on monitoring) to retrofit to most every brand now lying around on life support.

I like this idea, or really anything that allowed guys already deeply invested in an existing battery system to use them to power other basic things.

I like this idea, or really anything that allowed guys already deeply invested in an existing battery system to use them to power other basic things.

might want to rethink that. as there are hundreds of type of tools and they all have tens of thousands of customers. whos going to give up there battery system to goto a universal one.

Back