Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedommachine View Post
    China was a monarchy for over 2000 of those years before it became a republic.
    Not really "a" Monarchy at all. And "Republic" started with families, and has never yet changed.

History is there. A constantly shifting patchwork of Feudal robber-barons and their ever-shifting alliances, punctuated by the periodic dominance of a feudal lord who proved stronger or - more often - simply sneakier - than the local competition.

So it has NOT changed in closer to 12 thousand years than 2 thousand.
    The current "Party of Public Assets" dynasty is just one more Feudal-overlord coalition.

Same as the "western" world. Feudal at core.

"Democracy" has underpinned it the whole time. Everywhere.

Think it through. Where sitteth the DNA-bonded "queen bee?"

Anywhere humans exist, no matter whom nor what the visible "government" seems to be - if even there WAS one in ancient times - every individual human has to live a life .... and wants to do it his way.

Next up comes family. China is all about "family". All-else builds from there.

Xi has exactly the same set of challenges as every "Baron", "Prince", "King", or "Emperor" that went before. Keeping a workable dominance of China's families on more-or-less the same page.

"One Party" rule? Yah... well.. that only means that all the usual disagreements, sneaky deviations, departures, cheats, corruptions, internal conflicts, separate ways of doing stuff... are under one "holding company" label, not several different hood-badges!

USSR had the same challenge?
    Roman empire?
    Ancient Persia?

Go figure...

The PEOPLE of China - and "not only" - are seriously adept - from long practice - at finding ways around just about ANY obstacle. Their own selves and their many and several factions, thence their "governments", ever-and-always highest on the list.

"Rules were made to be broken" is core human nature.

"The mountains are high and the Emperor is far away."

All roads may have LED to Rome, but they were very long roads, and hazardous.

"The Emperor" is also outnumbered. BIGTIME!

"Democracy?"

Well... never mind the hood-badge. Humans ain't hive-mind honey-bees.
    It's in the DNA.

Whether it is one human, one "Vote" or never, it IS "one human, one course of immediate activity" in the here and now, each minute or each hour of every day for each lifetime.

China is "per each human" just as much as anywhere else. If not more so.

They are just experienced enough to do as they please.. same as any other human and family...

... but not get as wasteful-confrontational nor make so damned much useless noise about what they are actually doing.

Xi doesn't so much "command" that Ocean of seekers of a better life as serve it.

They work. Hard. Trust NOTHING to be "free", nor even reliable.

The most cynical of peoples, the Chinese can be. With good reason for it.
    They go at life with the intent to prevail on merit and sound preparation. Always as ready to deal with a disaster as much as a gain. They HAVE to do.

They do not trust bullshit promises. Show no emotion. Get in step. Look for a way to gain advantage from it. Prepare for the worst. Pass the technique on to the kids. Repeat range. Fire for effect.

Mostly, Xi is simply wise enough to "surf" that dynamic. Not fight it.

PRC only works with a majority of the ethnic Chinese anyway.

The other third to half a billion of "overseas Chinese" are another thing entirely.

2. Likes Freedommachine liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Actually 10 billion is simple,first they will eat up all the food ,then they will eat up all the wild animals,then they will eat each other ,and the population will be only 5 billion.............anyway ,there is one simple solution to both warming and over population........nuclear war.
    Or injections where the bodies P53 tumour suppression cells are supressed, which may cause huge cancer cases in the coming couple of years....

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Nuclear war too messy---destruction uncontrollable. A well designed virus would be much better--allows a selection process. Retain the productive, eliminate the non-productive.
    Have you watched the latest James Bond film?
    Fantastic amount of "priming" in there....even a joke about "where's my smallpox container - I've lost my smallpox container" right at the start.
    Just like BillyBoy was talking about a couple of weeks ago....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    I think you two need to get a room.......
    Good thinking Batman.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Of course, it may be a "selective reduction"

Crisis in Slovenia: Whistleblower nurse says politicians receive saline instead of mRNA jab - Daily Telegraph

Nukes are so indiscriminate.

N.B. consider the source ;-)
    Yup. Makes perfect sense.
    I think I posted previously where a couple of different UK nurses were saying that 30% of people had placebo, which accounts for lots of noise from people who all said "I felt nothing, what's wrong with you all get the jab".
    And then there's different batch numbers with different "strengths" in the juice.
    5mg
    10mg
    20mg
    30mg
    And for the booster, it will be either 150mg or 200mg.
    Which they said then accounts for the other people who had anything from a sore arm (low dose 5mg) to keeling over.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Not really "a" Monarchy at all. And "Republic" started with families, and has never yet changed.
    Wasn't WW1 all about that?
    UK, Germany and Russia were all cousins....?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Wasn't WW1 all about that?
    UK, Germany and Russia were all cousins....?
    LOL! Look further back..... MUCH further. Track the definition of "Saxony" as an exercise. It MOVED! More than just the one time.

Here's another. Tiny Latvia.
    Was it always so tiny?

What do Poles have in common with Latvia.. or Ukraine?

Was the Amazon basin always unmanaged jungle?

Complex world every bit as much outside of China as inside.

"Western" civilization, Europe.. then-also Middle-Eastern, Indian
    Sub-continent, Africa, China... the archipelagos that make up the Philippines, Indohooliga and Mal-Asia, Japan... are all of similar AGE.

Ice-age by-product, that is.

Some just kept better RECORDS than others, are less dependent on forensic archaeology and guesswork.

Not to mention so-called "experts" (EG?.. wot a sad joke!) who cannot be bothered to research what is THERE for the learning of.

He went out to China as an opportunist - at low-level - to make a bit of coin.

I went at a higher level. With no need to earn a single dime.

Had the time and inclination to continue research already long a significant interest.

Makes a massive difference in understanding when you know you have WORK to do.. are STILL learning ... not laid back parroting somebody ELSE's lies out of sheer sloth and habitual ignorance.

BFD. Any among us have what we have, learned - or not- what we learned, became what we are, are still learning and growing.. or not so much.

Whatever ELSE that process produces, it sure as f**k is NOT "fungible goods" knowledge-wise, is it?

9. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So it has NOT changed in closer to 12 thousand years than 2 thousand. The current "Party of Public Assets" dynasty is just one more Feudal-overlord coalition.
    I'm speechless. A rational post by thermite. Better put a star on the calendar.

In fact, I dont think life has changed that much since the tang ...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL! Look further back..... MUCH further. Track the definition of "Saxony" as an exercise. It MOVED! More than just the one time.

General history has never appealed to me - so much to learn so thanks, i'll go digging.
    Although in my defence, I'm always fascinated about local history to where I live and have always dug deep accordingly.
    World events - Pfffft....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

General history has never appealed to me - so much to learn so thanks, i'll go digging.
    Although in my defence, I'm always fascinated about local history to where I live and have always dug deep accordingly.
    World events - Pfffft....
    History.. may not enable you to change the whole damned world. or even your Day Job office dynamics.
    '
    But it can sure as f**k help YOU ...and your family.. better avoid bad news and more adroitly take advantage of opportunity ....than those who pay no attention to it.

Or WORSE, by far.. chose to distort or eradicate it... valuable lessons along with it.

So very MUCH of published "history" was really, really WRONG for long, long, years.

Modern research techniques- then the internet to publish it faster, more widely, and inherently easy to search.. made vetting/de-bunking.. and further research and progress ever-faster.

So FURTHER research could work on the anomalies and take advantage of new areas to chase - as it has done.

That has made a HUGE change in what we THOUGHT we knew - just in my lifetime.

Still an ongoing process, of course.

And an interesting one.

Very!

寄件者

"Tang-ren".. and proud of it..

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Tang-ren".. and proud of it..
    That'd make you pretty old. Unless you've been living on the moon with chang'e, I have my doubts

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

History..
    Well....Latvia..... it seems the "Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact" was a waste of ink....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well....Latvia..... it seems the "Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact" was a waste of ink....
    Down in the noise. If only because despite the intensity of the pathos, it didn't LAST very long.

Roll your clock back to 9,000 BCE.

Come forward through the Grand Duchy of Lithuania & Kingdom of Poland. Check the area covered.

It wasn't trivial.

The influence was long lasting.
    Modern Balts are into 'puters and banking, BTW.
    Not new to them, commerce. Only the technology changes.

Not to forget, BTW, that whilst "Germanic" linguistic groups and "stadts" are as old as Rome, "Germany" as even a nominally integral nation did not EXIST until the 1870's.

Some even hold that we are still waiting on Germany becoming an integrated "nation".

Or France...

The USA?

States being supreme was "in the plan" of a Federal Republic... whether UNITED States or CONFEDERATE States.

Don't expect Federally homogenized lowest-common-denominator attempts to EVER prevail.

Some folk bitch and moan. Others ACT!

EX: Hairy Ass Truman extended sugar rationing waaaaay TF past any need of it.
    There was NO shortage! But it suited the Democrats and their "Senior minders" to create and maintain such. Ordinary folk got pissed-off.

Many grumbled. A few simply acted.

Dad managed three brand new cars and a new tractor off that deal. Said he had bought and re-sold a 'carload" of sugar.

I was just a kid. Only ever laid eyes on about five or seven of the 100 lb sacks that we had to our house and adjacent grandparents, Aunts & Uncles.

So I thought he meant a passenger "car load" of sugar.

noooo...

It had been a railroad BOXCAR load!

I got a new house out of Jimmie Carter's f**k ups. Not hard to outsmart looters. They aren't geniuses. Idiots, rather.

Why am I holding so dam' many shares of EQT and ETRN?

Some of you lot who put the Bidenistas into pubic orifice will be paying me as you cook and heat with nat gas.

And I'm only small fry. Very.

Just small fry who has seen this movie before. More than just the one time.

My first auto loan since 1984? Inflation topped the interest rate this month, four and a half years to go of paying back less than what was borrowed.

And Oh, BTW, the value of the vehicle has gone UP, not down.

Storal of the morey?

If you can't beat 'em?

Charge 'em a stiff f**kin'fee for their kinky-f**kery.

What did the lunchmeats THINK was going to happen when rats try to enslave tigers?

That the TIGERS would miss a meal?

Get TF REAL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Nope. It is a realistic appraisal of that pithy but '. Everybody loves that quote - usually from Winston Churchill, who was a complete asshole for most of his life ? - but there's no meaning to it. It's empty words. Adorable, but without value.

The fact is, there have been many democracies tried in the world's history. All have failed within a few hundred years. If you track performance, history says democracy is a loser.

Dumb saying but nicely worded. Cute. Maybe even adorable.
    "performance"

That is one approach- historical longevity.
    Hardly the metric I would espouse.

You dismiss the idea captured in this quote but fail to answer it.
    'Democracy has its weaknesses but given the alternatives...'

So do you wish to provide that alternative which is better?

Page though history if you will or just take a current system but choose.
    What is the form of governance which is superior or at least that which you prefer.

but there's no meaning to it. It's empty words. Adorable, but without value.
    That sentiment tells me you don't understand the context in which those words were spoken.

"....there is the broad feeling in our country that the people should rule, continuously rule, and that public opinion, expressed by all constitutional means, should shape, guide, and control the actions of Ministers who are their servants and not their masters."

Oh yes- 'cute empty meaningless pseudo-aphorism'

Look it up some time- Churchill was forming an internal debate on the maintenance of structures within democracies which should be protected to insure they maintain valued characteristics.
    These are not meaningless points rather essential ones.
    And... knowing the man who spoke them we can well understand the rhetorical posturing the pithy bit folk cling to represents.
    He was speaking as a champion for values of all members in the club- it was a mechanism to say "I speak for you" to win support from disparate factions by appealing to common ground.
    It was Churchill after all- he took the long road to simply state- "we have it great guys- lets work together to keep it that way."
    His audience and the subtext of the pronouncement was not in fact other extant governments.

The quote is often drawn out as a foil to menace positions such as yours but.... why not eh.

Oh:

from Winston Churchill, who was a complete asshole for most of his life
    I had thought we had matured on this forum from the summary attacks on persons to the debate of ideals.

"Play the ball not the man." eh......

17. Likes AndyF liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    That sentiment tells me you don't understand the context in which those words were spoken.
    He probably does. Learned too late, and "the hard way", economically, though.
    As he's been unable - or also unWILLING - to work reality to advantage.

So now he just sits, whines, praises the contentious, blames others.. and throws rocks enough to get a reaction.

Doesn't cost him much.

And it's all he can afford...

Time does tend to wound all heels...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Nuclear war too messy---destruction uncontrollable. A well designed virus would be much better--allows a selection process. Retain the productive, eliminate the non-productive.
    Is that what the vaccinations are for? To wipe out the people that are too stupid to get vaccinated?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was just a kid. Only ever laid eyes on about five or seven of the 100 lb sacks that we had to our house and adjacent grandparents, Aunts & Uncles.

So I thought he meant a passenger "car load" of sugar.

noooo...

It had been a railroad BOXCAR load!
    Not long before my grandpa (moms side) entered a nursing home, we were sorting things in his house and had many interesting talks.

He told stories about be a delegate to the dem National conventions four time times. Helping to start the UAW (along with many of his co-workers) and the "interesting" way he managed to build his house.

In the 20s he "knew of" a couple of folks with questionable reputations. They were always looking for a "stand up" guy to get around the law.

Turns out that he ran whiskey across a frozen lake Erie from Windsor In a Buick. And he did it multiple times.

He made enough money to buy some land and build the house we were standing in.

Do some research on your family, you may find a couple of badasses in your lineage also.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    Not long before my grandpa (moms side) entered a nursing home, we were sorting things in his house and had many interesting talks.

He told stories about be a delegate to the dem National conventions four time times. Helping to start the UAW (along with many of his co-workers) and the "interesting" way he managed to build his house.

In the 20s he "knew of" a couple of folks with questionable reputations. They were always looking for a "stand up" guy to get around the law.

Turns out that he ran whiskey across a frozen lake Erie from Windsor In a Buick. And he did it multiple times.

Do some research on your family, you may find a couple of badasses in your lineage also.
    Just a "couple"? SOME of that dam' sugar I mentioned somehow morphed into Alcohol, too. Canada is a long way from Wets Virginia.

We are only HERE because for multiple millions of years those before us found a way to prevail, each in their own time and manner.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Is that what the vaccinations are for? To wipe out the people that are too stupid to get vaccinated?
    Guess it's six of one half dozen of the other....

Avoid the jab, take your chances.

Get the jab, they say your safer, but once you accept the medical procedure it can't be undone(?) Place your faith in what the government says for some.

"Jab Macht Frei" or maybe "Impfstoffe sind ein sicherer Weg in die Freiheit"

Only time will tell I guess. Step through the gate and see what's on the other side.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post

sometimes research into anything can provide things that once said or viewed can't be undone. Something about leave sleeping dogs lie?.....