Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    There you go again....
    Richard Pryor was .a tad strange, too?

.. but at least FUNNY as Hell:

That Nigger's Crazy - Wikipedia

Big Blivet is just .... pathetic.... on his better days, anyway?

Guess this just ain't one of 'em?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelrFn View Post
    Techstartups has an article on the 40%
    Rifnote has an article on the 40%
    gsiexchange has an article on the 40%
    rastarouts has an article on the 40%
    gainspainscaptital has an article about the US will print 7 trillion in the next 24 months.

Im sorry you cant do your own research and need others to hold your hand. Step out from CNNs shadow, there is all kinds of info available
    Is this any different that we've been doing for years? I don't see today spending being up from the last four years when trump ran up our national debt almost 8 trillion. Biden better get spending if he thinks he's going to top trump for spending.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Makes no difference now Bob.
    His fuked up rants make less sense by the day.
    He's as unstable as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.
    Only if that one leg is a stolen prosthetic ... made to fit a giraffe as didn't get eaten all in one go... are you close to the sort of "stable" the deranged wuckfit exhibits.

I'd suspect a brain tumour, save that he's got no place to attach sech of a thing...

His whole bone-box has been leased out by TDS and sprayed with polecat scent and Rooshin horpiss ... hoping he can seduce Trump to visit and "top" his deviant arse.

Too eager, by half...

Trump happens to be a compulsive hand-washer who sics investigators on potential wimmin'... to make sure he don't catch cooties. He wouldn't grab no casual p***y without a medical clearance well in advance!

But he'd Bullsh**t about it!

That made the Steele Dossier an OBVIOUS lie to anyone who knew of Trump's ACTUAL style and germaphobia!

More and more of the way it was faked, who did it, why, and who paid for it, even how MUCH was paid and where the money came from is coming out as the plot is gradually exposed!

Another one hit just a few hours ago as folks "follow the money" from tax filings:

Dem group founded to fight 'disinformation' paid nearly $1M to discredited Steele dossier researchers

Big Blivet is just slow.

About four or five YEARS slow!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never understood "The rich need to pay their fair share" statement from Democrats. Can a liberal explain that? As a self employed person I have made as little as zero and as much as $225k in a year. I think I used about the same in public services in the year earning ZERO as the one almost hitting a quarter million. I did not have any kids in the school system, so I figure I wasn't taking much from the government, I was using the roads, but don't the taxes I pay on gasoline, and vehicle registration cover that? I never called the cops or the fire department during that time either. I did take out some building permits, but paid fees for those. On the other hand has Bill Gates used any more government services than I have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Makes no difference now Bob.
    His fuked up rants make less sense by the day.
    Yet we are at 72,000 views and oh so many comments across many things.
    Try to say that I will not look at this train wreck. Yes good sense says do not open, read it or get involved as therein lies madness.
    The entertainment value is high.
    Bob

6. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    I never understood "The rich need to pay their fair share" statement from Democrats. Can a liberal explain that? As a self employed person I have made as little as zero and as much as $225k in a year. I think I used about the same in public services in the year earning ZERO as the one almost hitting a quarter million. I did not have any kids in the school system, so I figure I wasn't taking much from the government, I was using the roads, but don't the taxes I pay on gasoline, and vehicle registration cover that? I never called the cops or the fire department during that time either. I did take out some building permits, but paid fees for those. On the other hand has Bill Gates used any more government services than I have?
    I love how the trump types like to bitch about how much taxes they pay. They know it isn't polite to talk about how much money they have so they use taxes to brag about how much they make. "Those deadbeats don't pay any taxes and I'm taxed to death". I've heard it plenty of times out of a guy that I know that owns a business and millions in real estate in Michigan and Florida. Same tune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Yet we are at 72,000 views and oh so many comments.
    Try to say that I will not look at the train wreck.
    Bob
    This is fun Bob. Glad you stopped by. PS. I'm trying to lessen the use of the term "***** **** ******" just for you.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    On the other hand has Bill Gates used any more government services than I have?
    To be fair....Used....on a daily basis.
    He has ALL of them at his disposal....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelrFn View Post
    Your mixing me up with other posters again (Shocking) I received stimulus checks, my money anyway, the Government was just returning it to me, they never earned it, I did. And I dont own a 44, my best friend does, I just like shooting it. Dont ever try to be a detective, you will fail miserably with the conclusions you dream up.
    You are the one that brought up the model 29's correct? I could swear that you were talking about the free money that everyone got but you didn't get so you couldn't afford the Smith. I can look it up. It wasn't that long ago.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Try to say that I will not look at this train wreck. Yes good sense says do not open, read it or get involved as therein lies madness.
    Bob
    It scans best if Big Blivet is on "ignore" and one can interact with "the real people" without him.

At least THAT way, there are differences of opinion - sometimes strong ones - being bounced about, but not totally off-the-wall.

IF/as/when Big Blivet is switched-'visible' again?

It's all about "please-rewind all the lies about Trump to give-Big Blivet SOME kinda-reason-to-keep living".

Well.. it STARTED that way. BB has gone beyond "Trump". Now he rails at anything, insults nearly EVERYONE, lies about ANYTHING.. just for the attention-bid.

"Terrible Twos" pattern, they call it in infancy.
    Just noisy, mindless rants and rages.

Otherwise, with BB on "ignore'?

It appears than only about one or two out of five of his rants gets quoted?

That should keep dropping-off in the fullness of time ....as the thread has far better legs without him constantly "Bidenizing" it!

2CW

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    1. We don't have hurricanes in Michigan but the federal government is responsible for the entire country and we do have hurricanes in the USA.

2. Funding education varies state by state but here in Michigan we fund schools mostly through state and county taxes. I'm not aware of much in the line of federal taxes going to our schools.

3. I don't think you have a very good understanding of how fire/hurricane/disaster relief works. One year hurricane survivors are taking from wildfire areas and the next time it may be reverse of that. In spite of what you have been brainwashed into thinking, our system works fairly well. It would work much better the way it is if we could get billionaires to pay a fair share of taxes and buy that I mean they should pay a a higher rate than us little people, not some stupid flat tax thing like the right loves to push.

4. We already have pretty good transparency as to where our tax dollars go for those who aren't too lazy to look for it. And why would you want to have only those "who can prove residency" be able to access government financial records?

5. "If our country ran this way, by the time we got to the federal level; there wouldn't be a whole lot left for them to do... just the way it should be." Exactly where is the almost 3/4 of a trillion dollars going to come from to fund our military that the TRUMP CULT MEMBERS are always saying that they love so much? Maybe they can have a bake sale or have all of those TRUMP CULT MEMBERS volunteer to serve for free.

Your young age and lack of life experience is showing here. It looks to me like you have spent many years listening to rush and the rest of the hard right nut cases on hate radio.
    Your insults provide great insight into your wisdom from maturity. Glad to hear we can debate as reasonably intelligent adults.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Big B,
    Please, please, please drop the "TRUMP CULT MEMBER" thing.
    It is not real and sort of kills any actual trust or belief in what you put out here.
    It is inflammatory and that makes your posts disregarded even if valid points inside.
    Bob
    Jordan Peterson: If you're tryna help but it doesn't work, then stop helping. - YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bob
    A testament to the professionalism of Practical Machinist!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I love how the trump types like to bitch about how much taxes they pay. They know it isn't polite to talk about how much money they have so they use taxes to brag about how much they make. "Those deadbeats don't pay any taxes and I'm taxed to death". I've heard it plenty of times out of a guy that I know that owns a business and millions in real estate in Michigan and Florida. Same tune.
    Well Big B...You engage in a couple of business ventures. Your real estate holdings, and your machine shop that exhibits your UAW skills since 2006?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    LOL! For a time, I was a non-smoker. as were the other two guys in our informal "club". Owner of the PA-28-180D was FIRM about it, too.

I had a mate over from the UK on the team for a spell who was a SERIOUS sailplane fan. Had his "Golden Height" spurs, had flow all over the world. Asked me if I could take him up on one of my favourite "powered aircraft" jaunts. A night VFR flight. Roughly half the total time I have logged, actually. Fewer IDIOTS competing for airspace.

Seems the thermals are hard find and to ride for a glider jock in the hours of darkness?

So Peter had all sorts of hours, logged, but none in the dark.

Well.... he got NERVOUS as we were climbing out and asked if I minded he smoked a cigar!

I leaned across him, cracked the door latch - (it won't do more than get noisy on a PA-28) - pointed to a prominent placard on the panel:

"If you must smoke.. Please Step OUTSIDE"

"We are just now passing through 3,500. First step is a looong one!"

He FROZE with the most paniced of looks!

Taking up the Father-in-Law of my then-Director of Engineering was a nicer night flight.

He had been a Hawker Hurricane jock, Battle of Britain, then medicaled to a ground slot for the rest of a long RAF career.

I did not know, but he did know, that a cancer wasn't going to leave him a lot more time.

Bent a few rules to let him fly it, but it was worth it!

One of my first flights was a "Night Flight" (Also the title of a great read by Exupery)

Colorado Rockies. Full moon, Vail to Snow Mass and return via Grand Junction , That's a lot of "above the 10,000 foot limit", but we were young and bold then.

We left at 2am, took a bit to warm the engine pre start. It was -18F at the time. AGL ;-)

Snow covered peaks under a full moon are Spectacular. Thanks for the memories!

eta

I haven't been up in ten years solo. Makes me want to dig out that flight log to recall the date when a thermal was shared with a Golden Eagle over the Florida everglades ;-)

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    A bear that's been gorging on orchard apples tastes fine.
    Never lived where they have tame bears. Wild ones taste really really bad. Moose is no great prize either.

Reindeer sausage, on the other hand, that's good stuff.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you post, and I like the way you deliver it, even when I don't necessarily agree.

But this one statement right here, I gotta disagree HARD with.

If schools were only funded by the local community, the kids in poor communities would get shafted even harder than they already are. THAT is why schools need state/federal funding.
    I should have probably chose an example other than schools. My opinion still stands, although it requires too much detail.

I am aware of the corruption and dysfunction within impoverished communities and their school systems.

This certainly needs to be addressed; but I see no reason why we could not get our own communities in order before taking on the problems of others.

Organization must start somewhere. If we continue to allow the growth of this top down government system; I am afraid we will all end up in poverty.

What I am truly advocating for would be best stated as; small communities of people taking personal responsibility over their lives and ownership of their communities.

People control communities

Communities control counties

Counties control States

States control the Union.

This is exactly how our country was intended to function. If we expect our government (all levels of it) to answer to us; we had better be crafty enough to endure a little hardship and make them.

If the federal government were removed from this Union of States, the states themselves would not be able to manage any sort of a relationship on their own to rebuild the system - the nation would fail in an instant.

Why? Because we have allowed them to take control of whatever they decide is in our best interest; strength is top down, not bottom up.

Community groups of civilized, orderly and disciplined people can work with the government to correct the imbalance. A congressman would have a difficult time ignoring determined and organized citizens.

Groups could also work with the sheriff to prevent crime rather than demanding "he do his job" like helpless children.

Here is an example: The county I live in raised our sales tax to pay for an expansion on the jail. They had nowhere to house the large number of female inmates being arrested for heroin and meth related crimes. The Sheriff never said; "Hey we have a problem, I need your help." Nope, We got notified after they came up with the solution.
    We weren't allowed to vote on it because the county board claimed they knew it wouldn't pass. If we were doing our job as citizens, we would've seen the problem long before the sheriff did!

The mass population in this country wouldn't have a clue what to do if big daddy government didn't tell them.

The solution starts in the mind of individuals through self ownership and goes up from there.

I would never advocate for removing the federal government; that would be naive and foolish...but do they really need to be the largest employer in the world?

Do the NSA, CIA, ATF, BLM, USDA and other alphabet agencies need as much control as they have? There is not any alternative that removes their power yet serves the people better? They aren't even made up of elected officials. How can we hold them accountable?

I am not smart enough to have all the answers. I'd rather inspire critical thought; get people asking questions help people find meaning

Big B is here asking me questions like I'm campaigning for mayor or something.

I'm just a guy on the internet trying to inspire conversation.

Teach, thank you for the compliment and for jumping in the dialogue with us.

19. Likes BoxcarPete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IF...

We could only send the amount of our Fed taxes to the STATE, and the State taxes to the Fed. That would cover the lions share of the ills.

I still can't believe how much money we all send to ISRAEL Every fukkn year. For What? They get us into war, not keep us out.

Further expletives left to your imagination.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    IF...

We could only send the amount of our Fed taxes to the STATE, and the State taxes to the Fed. That would cover the lions share of the ills.

I still can't believe how much money we all send to ISRAEL Every fukkn year. For What? They get us into war, not keep us out.

Further expletives left to your imagination.
    We get our money's worth. And then some.

Ever been where it was Mossad who had your back? Only.

God bless 'em!

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lancet publication
    Refresh....according to the initial released testing figures that these "jabs" were emergency authorised under, they all magically had 95% efficacy.
    Then after a little time and more data became available, 90, which became 85, then lower and lower and lower until Israel was 30 something.
    Now, according to this in the Lancet, no benefit between jabbed or non jabbed.
    None.
    Which also blows out the water the push push push for "vaccine passports".
    Because it won't stop you from catching "it", or passing "it" on.
    And as it states...."Peak viral load did not differ by vaccination status or variant type".
    So all so called variants, are no different from the initial (Omicron anyone???).
    What's the point of it all then (rhetorical question because it's all about control....)

DEFINE_ME

23. Likes CalG liked this post