Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 6663
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    No. They are NOT "failures".

Their minders wanted the USA crippled. By design. Not by accident of incompetence. They are succeeding at that.
    Honestly, I cannot see it any other way. It must be by design. Intentional.
    Same as UK etc.
    Remember, to 6uild 6ack 6etter, first of all, you have to systematically dismantle everything....THIS is what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    It's something I can't really explain. I just have faith it will turn around at some point in time.
    Yes hope for the best.
    But you have more faith than me.

2. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedommachine View Post
    The UN thugs play a big part in that too.
    Washington Orchestrated Protests Are Destabilizing Ukraine - PaulCraigRoberts.org

See documentary: "Winter on fire"
    Seven years old, already?

You would be better-served to keep a bowser tab always open - as I have done for several years, now .. PM just being my 'for-play and fun" site, not work -
    to "at least":

https://zvamy.org/

Ukraine Archives * Euromaidan PressEuromaidan Press | News and views from Ukraine

Interfax-Ukraine - news from Ukraine and the world

Latest news

Zvamy.org is your "index" service.

Tidbit.. already more than a year stale, but China ultimately votes with their belly, not with their political alliances. Putin is not doing so well:

https://www.eurasian-research.org/pu...nomic-failure/

2CW

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seven years old, already?

You would be better-served to keep a bowser tab always open - as I have done for several years, now .. PM just being my 'for-play and fun" site, not work -
    to "at least":

2CW
    What would leaving tabs open do? Interested, just confused.

You know of a good news archive?
    Struggling to find 2016-2020 items of interest.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedommachine View Post
    What would leaving tabs open do? Interested, just confused.
    "Confused?"

Not YET, you ain't!

I run 16 "desktops", have never fewer than four different browsers open, sometimes seven ... each with multiple tabs open on its own full-screen desktop.

That's how it is with lean and blitz-fast FVWM2, 256 desktop-capable and heavily customized on OpenBSD Unix. 8 cores active AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics.

Mac's and WinWoes are too clumsy, and waaaay TF too SLOW to keep up.

Really clumsy.

Handhelds are far worse. All eye-candy and masturbation, no real nutrition.

"Hacker's Law"

Life is too DAMNED short to drink bad wine, use slow computers, or share a blanket with a bitch."

Instead.. use a full-sized-fingers keyboard, full-sized-eyeballs large high-res screen, keep a dozen or so of your interests in active tabs, equities included, several news feeds including US and overseas, THEN a thumball and click - on either one of TWO such.. and the "refresh" keeps you current.

Very!

Well. the "utility" machine needs a rebuild, given "uptime" since last reboot is over 525 days . and two OpenBSD releases old, had I not patched it on-the-fly - already!

FWIW-not-much the version of Firefox-ESR used for PM? Is so heavily customized for PM it is near-as-dammit USELESS on any other website.

OTOH, PM works about ten times as fast for me as it does when I borrow some other 'puter!

Meaning I don't REALLY "live here".

It just looks as if I do because reading and posting is so fast and easy!
    PM's logs would show a very high count of logins as I come and go from the PHYSICAL desk.

You know of a good news archive?
    Struggling to find 2016-2020 items of interest.
    The internet. By country as to search engines.

Country extension gets different search-engine primary key selections. even out of the same "cloud", hop-wise..

With "directed" searches. Expertly crafted as to sieving for what you seek.

You'd have to grok common database practices, indices, "tags", Dublin Core metadata, and own more than one language as to reading skill, if not-also speaking?

Unfair advantage?

I helped build parts of all that, used the Hell out of the rest in commerce!

For long years. Very!

Multi-Lingual, DB-driven, highly secure commercial websites on "Big Iron" included.

"Confused?"

Pilgrim? You wandered into MY wheelhouse!

I last drew a paycheck as a "Machinist" January of 1965, after all.
    Moved on to better-paying skills!
    Several!

IS/IT was soon delegated, actually.
    One finds the experts.. then trains them up.

Last edited by thermite; 12-02-2021 at 05:39 AM.

6. Likes Freedommachine, CalG, barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelrFn View Post
    A friend of my fathers that worked in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry for three decades sent him an email that he forwarded to me, here is an excerpt:

I would love to know the logistics of this 'jab' manufacturer because if all of the current manufacturers combined were able to make these at one dose per second, it would take almost 32 years to make a billion doses. Where is it all coming from, some people are onto their 4th dose. Where are these new manufacturing facilities? Where is the mass staff recruitment? It would take a minimum of 6 months to train a technician in the very basics of vessel competency, yet here we are, an unlimited supply of this treatment. It is almost like it has been stockpiled years in advance.

I am not a conspiracy theorist and not saying his last sentence is true, I don't know anything about the chemical or pharmaceutical business, hell, I don't even know what vessel competency means.
    But I do think these are legitimate questions that I would like to know the answers to.
    Yes he makes a point. The suspicion is based on his reasoning of doses per second. If we trust anyone or not is relevant too because we can not count them all. Obviously believing their numbers we would see that many doses are made per second.

21st century likely state of the art production can actually y bring great p regress with vaccines. There are very likely many illnesses which are virus based. Many go nervous gnized. They wil hopefully put the resources to work.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can't be. Wouldn't explain PeteM, Millie-Malice, Jim Rozen, would it?
    This did not require a translator at all. Good point.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Maybe Big B has special sunglasses like "Nada" in the movie "They Live"---and only Big B sees Trump Cult Members all around him. Probably the special sunglasses came from the UAW plant he worked in long, long, ago.
    Left by a high placed visitor who forgot them. He was a major high up at Lawrence Livermore out in California.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Left by a high placed visitor who forgot them. He was a major high up at Lawrence Livermore out in California.
    Lysergic Acid Diethylamide-25 can do that hallucinatory s**t, yes.

See "EnameledGhostscheiss" as the textbook example of "Operation Enduring Freedom" .... from personal responsibility, rational thought, or ability to observe even the most obvious of real-world facts!

Wotta nutter!

One could almost feel sorry for his monitors, back when they were still "wetware", rather than "AI".

Last edited by thermite; 12-02-2021 at 05:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    What I find amazing is how all the Democrats thought the sky was falling when Trump got elected, in my mind the only thing he did that created havoc was the tariffs. He wasn't the disaster everyone thought he would be. On the other hand the Biden administration is our worst nightmare, I don't think anyone honestly thought they would be this bad.
    The real sadness is that basement joe is only a marionette. There are others, behind the scene, pulling the strings. But they go un-named. And so innocent.

12. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide-25 can do that hallucinatory s**t, yes.
    Tell us all about your real experience with LSD. Did you get the hallucinations?
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    The national debt is not the same as our personal day to day fiances and the whole who will pay for it seems crazy.
    I know it seems logical that way of thinking but is not.
    We do not pay the dept as much as we pay the interest. The add on.

Lets do a simple. Max out all cards and second mortgage a year ago and invested it. Hard to have not made money overall.
    The roaring 20's again. We also know how the last one did.

I am not sure that a zero balance here would be good or smart given the competition.
    Bob

Does my credit card debt transfer to YOUR children?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Current potential irritation just might be Russia moving on Ukraine. Nice cold winter coming up so given Russia controls a large part of energy supplies to the EU it could get interesting. My guess is the Euros repeat the old appeasement game of the 1930's and throw Ukraine under the bus. Hopefully the U.S. gets it's people out of the way and let Europe duke it out with Russia.

In case one would wonder about Russia's interest in the Ukraine

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Honestly, I cannot see it any other way. It must be by design. Intentional.
    Same as UK etc.
    Remember, to 6uild 6ack 6etter, first of all, you have to systematically dismantle everything....THIS is what they're doing.

Yes hope for the best.
    But you have more faith than me.

I wish it were not so. It is ruining all that has gone before. Life lost, I feel mine being pulled away........... for nothing.

17. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Confused?"

Not YET, you ain't!

I run 16 "desktops", have never fewer than four different browsers open, sometimes seven ... each with multiple tabs open on its own full-screen desktop.

That's how it is with lean and blitz-fast FVWM2, 256 desktop-capable and heavily customized on OpenBSD Unix. 8 cores active AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics.

Mac's and WinWoes are too clumsy, and waaaay TF too SLOW to keep up.

Really clumsy.

Handhelds are far worse. All eye-candy and masturbation, no real nutrition.

"Hacker's Law"

Life is too DAMNED short to drink bad wine, use slow computers, or share a blanket with a bitch."

Instead.. use a full-sized-fingers keyboard, full-sized-eyeballs large high-res screen, keep a dozen or so of your interests in active tabs, equities included, several news feeds including US and overseas, THEN a thumball and click - on either one of TWO such.. and the "refresh" keeps you current.

Very!

Well. the "utility" machine needs a rebuild, given "uptime" since last reboot is over 525 days . and two OpenBSD releases old, had I not patched it on-the-fly - already!

FWIW-not-much the version of Firefox-ESR used for PM? Is so heavily customized for PM it is near-as-dammit USELESS on any other website.

OTOH, PM works about ten times as fast for me as it does when I borrow some other 'puter!

Meaning I don't REALLY "live here".

It just looks as if I do because reading and posting is so fast and easy!
    PM's logs would show a very high count of logins as I come and go from the PHYSICAL desk.

The internet. By country as to search engines.

Country extension gets different search-engine primary key selections. even out of the same "cloud", hop-wise..

With "directed" searches. Expertly crafted as to sieving for what you seek.

You'd have to grok common database practices, indices, "tags", Dublin Core metadata, and own more than one language as to reading skill, if not-also speaking?

Unfair advantage?

I helped build parts of all that, used the Hell out of the rest in commerce!

For long years. Very!

Multi-Lingual, DB-driven, highly secure commercial websites on "Big Iron" included.

"Confused?"

Pilgrim? You wandered into MY wheelhouse!

I last drew a paycheck as a "Machinist" January of 1965, after all.
    Move on to better-paying skills!
    Several!

IS/IT was soon delegated, actually.

Bill, You are an absolute RIOT! Keep on Keep'n ON!

19. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nikki Haley and Tulsi Gabbard, Trump raising money and distracting all the whiner-blamer-hater LOSERS?

Could fly.

"But they aren't in the same PARTY!"

Not YET.

So what? Each of them has serious poise and focus, CARES about America. Can be tough.. and still upliftingly confident.

And not-only "poise":

Tulsi Gabbard Bikini Photos Cause Quite a Stir | LaJolla.com

Why has Tulsi been on Fox so much, lately? Talking common sense, each go, too.

I don't see Trump DUMB enough to WANT four more years as a direct target for rats and fools.

I predict he'll play close air support, instead. HARD, too! Take-no-prisoners hard.

Think BUFF Arc-light strikes to A-10 Warthog "up close and personal", carpet-bombing and strafing the living s**t out of the opposition instead of running for orifice hisself.

He can surely afford it! Most especially if the votes will not be for HIM!

Should be interesting... regardless...
    Interesting thought. Tulsi been runnin with a big D on her back, makes me a natural skeptic. Cognitive bias - kept in check - does keep us alive after all.

Whatever comes next will have to be somewhat centrist. If it were Nikki and Tulsi with the "swamp drainers" confirmed to be running close air support? I could work with that.

If we were just throwin sh!t to see what sticks? Imma say Ted Nugent with Ron Paul as vp

Someone has to repeal the NFA. Pretty sure the motor City mad man would get it done for us

21. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Tell us all about your real experience with LSD. Did you get the hallucinations?
    Bob
    Pilgrim? I don't - cannot - safely take, nor need, thankfully - even the usual anaesthetics for re-wire of a compound mandibular fracture, lesser dental work, eye or other surgery.

So I do not take them.

Back when I enjoyed a jar with friends who were serious drinkers?

Rule was if you wanted to fail at getting Bill "drunk"?
    Best take out a bank loan first!

I was always the guy who got the others safely home, shat, showered, shaved, went to work. Nary a hangover!

Flight physical, Andrews AFB, November of '64, we USAF ROTC "Advanced" Cadets were extended O'Club guest privileges. Some career alky Major figured he could drink a scrawny Collitch kid down. Failed at it. Slid slowly under the table!

Next morning, O'Dark too-damned early, they start our day drawing 3 big jugs of blood samples. I get a tad woozy and fall down!

Doc comes out, pissed!

"Well, CADET! It seems a little bit of BLOOD has found its way into your ALCOHOL system!'

But I passed the Flight physical, anyway!

For all I knew it was a required part of the test?
    High altitude anti-freeze thing?

You'd have to know the brown-shoe Army Air Corp and their spiritual successors? [1]

"There are no fighter pilots down in Hell..."

"No, the place is full of queers, navigators, bombardiers.."
    "But there are no FIGHTER PILOTS down in Hell!"

Et tu?

[1] The Raven (1990)

23. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Words. Not the best words but words. You got them. LotS. Even more than lots. Yet. More words. Bullshit to the ceiling. EVEN. It DOESN't HELP. hOW ABOUT red letters? Maybe some bold type even. For Pete's sake you are a case. Rascal that you think you be. Even. Just because. You can't keep a short story short or make it easy to read. EVEN. EVER. NEVER.
    Well, I'm not sure where B ran off to but I have to give him credit. I got a pretty good laugh out of this one. Lol

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting....Before "FUCK JOE BIDEN" there was "FUCK JIMMY CARTER" Dementia Joe seems to be using the Carter economic plan from the 1970s. HIGH gas prices, HIGH inflation, fucked up family members.
    LOL! Well.."Fuck Hairy-Ass Truman", my watch!
    FDR - and Jim Farley - was just ribald JOKES by that late stage.

I can't say as I remembered him, given he died before I was a whole month old!

Some of us just learnt to read the funny-papers and pay closer attention at younger ages than others?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pilgrim? I don't - cannot - safely take, nor need, thankfully - even the usual anaesthetics for re-wire of a compound mandibular fracture, lesser dental work, eye or other surgery.

So I do not take them.

Back when I enjoyed a jar with friends who were serious drinkers?

Rule was if you wanted to fail at getting Bill "drunk"?
    Best take out a bank loan first!

I was always the guy who got the others safely home, shat, showered, shaved, went to work. Nary a hangover!

Flight physical, Andrews AFB, November of '64, we USAF ROTC "Advanced" Cadets were extended O'Club guest privileges. Some career alky Major figured he could drink a scrawny Collitch kid down. Failed at it. Slid slowly under the table!

Next morning, O'Dark too-damned early, they start our day drawing 3 big jugs of blood samples. I get a tad woozy and fall down!

Doc comes out, pissed!

"Well, CADET! It seems a little bit of BLOOD has found its way into your ALCOHOL system!'

But I passed the Flight physical, anyway!

For all I knew it was a required part of the test?
    High altitude anti-freeze thing?

You'd have to know the brown-shoe Army Air Corp and their spiritual successors? [1]

"No, the place is full of queers, navigators, bombardiers.."
    "But there are no FIGHTER PILOTS down in Hell!"

Et tu?

[1] The Raven (1990)
    Carlos Castenada to the red phone please.

We have a journer to Xitlan that needs your assistance...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    I wish it were not so. It is ruining all that has gone before. Life lost, I feel mine being pulled away........... for nothing.
    No sir!

All that has gone before sets the stage for all things yet to come. You are far from alone.

It is not over, merely becoming interesting.

28. Likes barbter liked this post