Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedommachine View Post
    You might not believe this; and I can hardly believe I'm saying it - but (based on what little I know about that situation) I might be in agreement with B on this one.

It sounds like the kid was quite mentally disturbed. If his parents had slightly better judgement or paid attention to just how serious the situation was, this may have been avoided. It certainly makes more sense than blaming SIG for making the pistol.

Alic Baldwin must be held accountable for his actions as well.
    I haven't dug into the school shooter story yet, but definitely agree on Alec Baldwin. He is obviously lying about how he handled the gun, and he violated gun safety for dummies. Only a dead person can refute what he said.

2. Likes Freedommachine liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    The truth seems to take a lot of digging these days, as most every source is biased and as we know, that is mostly a left wing bias. I find most of it is just lying by omission,telling one side of the story.
    "Truth" can indeed be elusive. Sometimes though, it just a case of looking at the environment around you and pondering what you are seeing. It's all about the environment around you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Biden has not advanced jobs in any meaningful way.
    The US and the global economy has advanced, yes, but not really because of his actions.

General confidence and seeing a more stable US admin has increased US investments and international trade.
    Biden reaps the rewards - but so what.
    Still, the US is totally dependent on international trade and confidence in the US courts, credit and the dollar.

The worst thing D. Trump ever did was suggest US credit / debt might be renegotiated.
    That, by definition, is grounds for impeachment.

I have no idea what if any J. Biden Will do.
    My expectation is for generally positive actions that favor US and global manufacturing and sales of US IT and entertainment.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

and if a kid needed an ass whipping he got one.
    I had that happen to me on more then one occasion.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    And therein lies the problem. To many people believe what they see on Facebook. ( It must be true because my aunt Mary said it was. ) I believe many people have lost the ability to think for themselves. The first they hear or see is what they believe. Not sure how to fix that problem.
    Oh c'mon, sanity prevails on the internet:

:Bette Midler is calling on authorities to arrest former President Donald Trump for attempted murder, claiming Trump deliberately tried to infect Joe Biden with the coronavirus during a televised debate last year."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post

:Bette Midler is calling on authorities to arrest former President Donald Trump for attempted murder, claiming Trump deliberately tried to infect Joe Biden with the coronavirus during a televised debate last year."
    That's a pretty dumb idea, I think.
    I try not make a fool out my self in public.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Wasn't social security part of the new deal? Of course you declined to file for it because it's a big lie.
    Simply something interesting about Social Security--Who was the first recipient?

On January 31, 1940, the first monthly retirement check was issued to Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont, in the amount of $22.54. Miss Fuller, a Legal Secretary, retired in November 1939. She started collecting benefits in January 1940 at age 65 and lived to be 100 years old, dying in 1975.

Ida May Fuller worked for three years under the Social Security program. The accumulated taxes on her salary during those three years was a total of $24.75. Her initial monthly check was $22.54. During her lifetime she collected a total of $22,888.92 in Social Security benefits.

Here's a link: Social Security History

9. Likes Freedommachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Real estate----so I suppose your real estate empire was based on buying properties at the highest point in pricing? Buy high-Sell low? Or is the best model Buy low-Sell high?
    One of them was sitting empty for a couple of years. The lawn hand't been cut in that long either. I and my contractor completely renovated it inside and out. The neighbors were/are thrilled with the change.

But I don't go around hoping for a recession so that I can take advantage of anyone.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of them was sitting empty for a couple of years. The lawn hand't been cut in that long either. I and my contractor completely renovated it inside and out. The neighbors were/are thrilled with the change.

But I don't go around hoping for a recession so that I can take advantage of anyone.
    Yes, but is it....Buy Low-Sell High or Buy High-Sell Low. Obviously that fact that it was sitting vacant and turning into an eyesore created opportunity for the buyer.

Someone's loss was your gain.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Truth" can indeed be elusive. Sometimes though, it just a case of looking at the environment around you and pondering what you are seeing. It's all about the environment around you.
    What I have seen around me over my life time doesn't match what the mostly liberal media tells me is out there. The wide spread racism, the excessive oppression of minorities. The last southern state I went to was West Virginia, maybe I missed the towns that had the white only bathrooms, and restaurants. I have been to 15 southern states, the only one that gave me the creeps that might seem to have some hint of some obvious race issues was Arkansas. It seemed kind of segregated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you for real? I first shot a gun when I was 7. My dad had a closet full of them all unlocked along with plenty of ammo. I was a latch key kid and there was nothing but miles of open space behind our back fence. I was told not to lay a finger on a gun without my dad's supervision, if I did I would have gotten my ass kicked like no tomorrow.

That is probably the only thing that kept me out of that closet when home alone. A 15 year old knows not to shoot people and if they want to get a gun they can.

School shootings were very rare when I was in school and guns were easier to get. What we didn't have back then were coddled kids, with every other kid medicated for something, liberal school systems, and if a kid needed an ass whipping he got one.
    So I'm gathering from your post that you think the parents should not be charged because things were different 50 or 60 years ago. Figures. I also saw that the shooter was caught with ammo a while before the shooting and his mom texted him that he needs to be more careful to not get caught. I hope the parents get a long sentence to send a message to others that guns aren't toys.

BTW, it was a lot like that when I was a child. I bought my first real gun at 13 and still have it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Although that is how it was done back in the day.....Whooping your kids ass would find you in serious trouble.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A two man ISO shop, WTF do you love paperwork? My last job as a clock puncher was being one of two people setting up ISO 9000 under the direction of an outside company. Could be they had us doing more than needed to run up a fat bill. A lot of the stuff would have been the same amount of work for our 40 man shop than a two man shop. All parts needed to have procedures written, that could not be deviated from. I think we got played.
    There's 10 mandates in the latest 9001 manual. That's all you have to comply with.
    I wrote the manual but had previous training back in the BS5750 day, so it was a refresh/progression for me and it was lean. 15 pages.
    I then contracted a consultant from where I worked previously and we tweaked accordingly and then went for approval (2x days of their work including 1x day approval).
    Funnily enough, the guy who initially audited me said that the ideal QA manual was one page. When it gets two, it gets complicated because people don't follow them
    He said he audits a company with a two page manual (although the company then runs on documented procedures).
    I had to do this, to continue the contracts from my customers and at the end, was going to get AS9100 - the only thing I needed was tighter stock control (exact stock check of mtl qty of rivets/wire inserts/pems etc, and then detail the exact qty booked to the job card and not just batch number).
    My biggest issue with the whole of the QA system, was getting operators to sign the bloody card and date it.

What is the first pic, is that a fixture? It looks like there is something over it, like clear plastic. I like the block wall, any shop like that I have been in seemed it provided pretty good insulation. The only draw back is it requires drilling concrete to hang conduit. At least being machinists we can re-sharpen our own mason drills instead of buying a bunch of them.
    1st pic - that's showing a volume part we used to make, but I put it up to show how to design the rotary and tailstock mountings outboard of the travel, so the machine could still make parts the same length as the X travel.
    Above the concrete was a heavily modified single skinned metal clad.
    Because the DH Bus partner was once working nights and left the fire door open so he could smoke, the neighbours complained about noise.
    So above the concrete, is a wooden framework with 2" rockwool installed between, and a double thickness plasterboard face - non overlapping joints....
    Yes, I had to get someone in with noise tester and do a survey and advise etc.
    Just one of the problems....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So I'm gathering from your post that you think the parents should not be charged because things were different 50 or 60 years ago. Figures. I also saw that the shooter was caught with ammo a while before the shooting and his mom texted him that he needs to be more careful to not get caught. I hope the parents get a long sentence to send a message to others that guns aren't toys.

BTW, it was a lot like that when I was a child. I bought my first real gun at 13 and still have it.
    It will be interesting to watch if Michigan presses the issue. Charging parents for crimes their children commit could have far reaching consequences. I'm all for holding parent(s) liable, but I doubt most court systems would care to go down that rabbit hole.

17. Likes Trueturning, SteelrFn liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How about shitty old machines? How's the pics.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't dug into the school shooter story yet, but definitely agree on Alec Baldwin. He is obviously lying about how he handled the gun, and he violated gun safety for dummies. Only a dead person can refute what he said.
    I have zero doubt that if Alec Baldwin had been a big TRUMP CULT MEMBER you'd be saying that it was a terrible accident. What a clown. That's why I consider you one of the three stooges on this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That reckless old fool trump put a lot of others at risk when he lied about his covid status and went to the debate anyway. It's all about him and everyone else can just die for all he cares. Except for his daughter ivonka. He wants to do her up and that's easy to see. He's such a creeper.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unemployment is 2.1% lower now than when trump left office. The rest is just trump cult spin. It looks like anyone that wants a job can get one right now. Thanks Joe Biden.

Your cult god trump is on record as saying that he likes a recession because he can but up real estate for less than actual value. He's a leech just like mitt robme.
    Great move to improve every post! “Thanks Joe Biden” -then relate something that he has done which we all should be thankful for. I am shocked you postponed it because starting this would have been fitting for Thanksgiving.

I have to admit you can be very surprising Brilliant even. I will hold off exposing one of your go to sources of information as a gesture of good will.

Listen to the prosecutor’s case laid out quickly. Consider everything. The story is fascinating. This kid had warning signs all over him. The parents and the school are accountable too. The firearm was in the kids backpack and he was in a meeting with his parents and school officials too talking about the kids dangerous behavior that day. The parents left him in school and then the kid shot people.

This will be very involved. I will repress my first impression and keep a open mind.

Prosecutor’s speech about charges.
    Here; Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald reveals evidence in Oxford High School shooting

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

and if a kid needed an ass whipping he got one.

If you ever heard the "Earache my Eye" Cheech and Chong skit, I pulled that once, dumbest thing I ever did. I don't remember what the original whipping was for. Never say "that didn't hurt" when getting the belt. My dad would always tell me to go to my room and think about what I did, I hated waiting, wish he would have quickly got it over with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Simply something interesting about Social Security--Who was the first recipient?

On January 31, 1940, the first monthly retirement check was issued to Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont, in the amount of $22.54. Miss Fuller, a Legal Secretary, retired in November 1939. She started collecting benefits in January 1940 at age 65 and lived to be 100 years old, dying in 1975.

Ida May Fuller worked for three years under the Social Security program. The accumulated taxes on her salary during those three years was a total of $24.75. Her initial monthly check was $22.54. During her lifetime she collected a total of $22,888.92 in Social Security benefits.

Here's a link: Social Security History
    Are you collecting social security? If so you are a hypocrite. If not you are a fool.

I used to work with a guy that was retirement age and he dropped dead at work. Guess what. He never collected a dime of SS in spite of paying in for decades. But I don't expect you to understand this because it didn't come from your cult god.