What's new
What's new

YT compilation of Fastest workers

Spud

Diamond
Check out the Japanese lady at 2:45 rubber stamping. That's got to rival machine stamping.
The Indian guy tossing the dough to his co-worker across the room ; 2:00

This shows how good Human beings can get at particular tasks, that's pretty cool. But the video almost makes me sad, all of that work is nearly brain dead, like putting cards into boxes. I would love to see some of these people on a high production job on a manual mill/lathe. I bet after a bit they could make Chips fly :D, your biggest problem might be having to dig them out of a mound of aluminum with a shovel when the shift was done.

They must be top contenders for carpal tunnel syndrome and all sorts of other bone-joint ailements. They earn just enough to get by and for that their quality of life is seriously affected and shortened. Though I suppose if they were starving, they would be worse off ,still the trade they make for doing those jobs is rather lopsided considering what they will get paid.

They must be top contenders for carpal tunnel syndrome and all sorts of other bone-joint ailements. They earn just enough to get by and for that their quality of life is seriously affected and shortened. Though I suppose if they were starving, they would be worse off ,still the trade they make for doing those jobs is rather lopsided considering what they will get paid.

At least they are working.
Unlike the 53% of Americans that sit on their ass and collect whatever government check is coming today.
I missed the part where they said what they earned.

But, you're probably right. They should file for disability and chilllax.:rolleyes5:

At least they are working.
Unlike the 53% of Americans that sit on their ass and collect whatever government check is coming today.
I missed the part where they said what they earned.

But, you're probably right. They should file for disability and chilllax.:rolleyes5:

Do you really think they are being paid remotely commiserate to the injuries they will sustain?
Said no such thing about them filing for Disability and doing nothing; just made an observation on what they will endure for the wages they are paid.

Also how do you figure 53% of Americans are doing nothing?

Also how do you figure 53% of Americans are doing nothing?

It's widely quoted that only 53% of Americans pay Federal Income Tax whilst 46% do not pay any Federal income tax at all. Although the only numbers I can find that do support that claim come from 2011 (but those numbers are correct in 2011). 80% of that 46% supposedly make under $30,000 a year and therefore are the majority of people utilizing the social welfare systems that the 53% pay for. It's why I think people are touchy about it.

They aren't doing nothing, they just aren't doing a whole lot.

It's widely quoted that only 53% of Americans pay Federal Income Tax whilst 46% do not pay any Federal income tax at all. Although the only numbers I can find that do support that claim come from 2011 (but those numbers are correct in 2011). 80% of that 46% supposedly make under $30,000 a year and therefore are the majority of people utilizing the social welfare systems that the 53% pay for. It's why I think people are touchy about it.

They aren't doing nothing, they just aren't doing a whole lot.

Well they are working, just that their income isn't particularly high enough to pay income tax. There's plenty of very rich who pay income tax and gouge on the public trough too, but the little guy gets most of the crap from right wing blogs.

Well they are working, just that their income isn't particularly high enough to pay income tax. There's plenty of very rich who pay income tax and gouge on the public trough too, but the little guy gets most of the crap from right wing blogs.

Well, from my understanding we have had a tradition in America of trashing and alienating people who don't work very hard or attempt to elevate themselves above poverty. And I know that seems very harsh and unfair, but I kinda don't want to lose it. I think making at least enough to support yourself and your family and save for things you want should be something we encourage, and anything over that we should celebrate. Creating a cultural norm where you can either work hard and pay more to help support people who don't, or not try very hard and find a way to be comfortable with very little; seems like a recipe for disaster.

Men should work hard, all the time, until you physically cannot any more; and then find out how to do something different. Do good work for both your own name's sake and for the sake of your country and go home and love your family well.

What is "full time". Some make believe govt. assigned number, or a defined factor of the median time worked for a given population. The govt. assigned number is bullshit.

Anyway the hours worked is remarkable stable since 1970, declining less than 6% according to the St. Louis Fed.

fredgraph.png

Yet in those 40 years the French and Germans have attained more free personal time. How can that be? The Germans, who work the least since ~1985 must surely be lazy slackers, with a bad economy.

Well, from my understanding we have had a tradition in America of trashing and alienating people who don't work very hard or attempt to elevate themselves above poverty. And I know that seems very harsh and unfair, but I kinda don't want to lose it. I think making at least enough to support yourself and your family and save for things you want should be something we encourage, and anything over that we should celebrate. Creating a cultural norm where you can either work hard and pay more to help support people who don't, or not try very hard and find a way to be comfortable with very little; seems like a recipe for disaster.

Men should work hard, all the time, until you physically cannot any more; and then find out how to do something different. Do good work for both your own name's sake and for the sake of your country and go home and love your family well.

What makes you think the people not paying income tax aren't working hard or are unable due to extenuating circumtances like injury? Why not reserve the most ire for those who at the top who milk the system , instead of the blue collar person on welfare who relative to the former take a miniscule fraction of government money.

What makes you think the people not paying income tax aren't working hard or are unable due to extenuating circumtances like injury? Why not reserve the most ire for those who at the top who milk the system , instead of the blue collar person on welfare who relative to the former take a miniscule fraction of government money.

I've oft heard this saying: "There is always an exception. You aren't it."

Sure there are situations in which someone is being held below poverty against their will and ability, but there is no way that is the majority.

I know most rich people are assholes, but this world rarely just gives you anything. Maybe they inherited it or had a trust fund, but somebody, somewhere down the line; worked some raw hours and by blood and sweat forged every damn dollar. Someone worked hard for the initial money, babies don't shit gold bricks after all. Now I will admit that the system is slightly askew because once you are wealthy it becomes easier to stay wealthy, so after a certain point the hard work turns into just not being an idiot and mismanaging your funds.

We should encourage systems that remove barriers of entry into wealth, but we shouldn't develop systems that reward you for being poor.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by the rich "milking the system" in what way are the wealthy of this country milking Social Welfare?

A long time ago (mid 80s) I used to build wooden fixtures for a local golf ball manufacturer, Titleist. They had a job at the plant called "ball buffer", a friend on mine was married to one. They would sit at a special bench with buckets of golf balls on one side, empty bucket on the other side. All women. There were young guys there keeping them supplied with buckets and taking away the buckets. All the had to do was load the ball oriented correctly so that the brushes would buff of the flash from the molding process. They loaded by feel and knew when the ball was done by feel. To the tune of 14,000 balls a day for some of them. They would grab several balls with each hand and load, buff, pop the ball off into a chute so freekin fast it was hard to follow. And they not even be looking at what they were doing and sometimes talking to each other. Their R&D guys at that time were trying to build an automatic golf ball buffer and their prototypes were no match for the women. One of the engineers showed me a ball he tried to buss. Smeared melted mess around it.
Another project I worked on was in the winding room where the rubber band was wound around the super cooled cores. Again lads were running around with buckets of the super cooled cores and taking away the wound cores. The women only had finger cots on to protect their fingers from the cores, guessing liquid nitrogen. They would take a core from their tray and place it in the machine and tie the end of the rubber strand to it, strand in talcum powder from a big box behind each machine. When the wound core was the proper diameter the machine would stop and the women would grab it, tie the strand off and somehow cut the strand and drop it into a bin and re load. I could not follow what they were doing with their fingers they were moving so fast. About half of the women had 4 machines at their bench, and the faster ones could tend to 5 machines at once. Load or tie off was only a few seconds each. The part I was involved in lasted for a few months and during that time I only saw 2-3 wound cores get away before getting tied off. All piece work.

Couple related links (to American stats concerning benifits/welfare);
Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain
Who receives government benefits, in six charts

Alex.

#1.
Alex, why do you care? you're in Canada. Why does any of this discussion have ANY bearing on your life?

#2.
Alex........Romney LOST the election. You don't have to run against him any more. (besides that, you're Canadian.....)

Alex,
There has been an explosion in the amount of folks needing/wanting federal assistance down here. I know for Canadia this would be great, but in the REAL world, it's not so good.

Small,

You lie again. About 40% of American adults do not work. Of course, you have to count the 58 million who are on SS, and others who have retired, whether on SS or not.

Then you have to account for those single women who have children to raise, and I would defy you to tell me that they can keep those children in a better state on 7.25 an hour, less deductions, than they can on Welfare. Were I a single mother, I would be there, too. You are just a miserly son of a bitch who begrudges poor kids to have food in their stomachs, YOU pay to feed YOUR kids, THEY should starve to feed their kids.

Meanest sons of bitches in the world post here. Loaf of bread under both arms, and they bitch that a poor person may lick up any crumbs that fall to the ground.

Even Mitt said that only 47% were not payers, were "takers", he wasn't worried about them, you make it 53% . How do you come up with that number? Lots of FOX News?

Whatley,

" It's widely quoted that only 53% of Americans pay Federal Income Tax whilst 46% do not pay any Federal income tax at all. Although the only numbers I can find that do support that claim come from 2011 (but those numbers are correct in 2011). 80% of that 46% supposedly make under $30,000 a year and therefore are the majority of people utilizing the social welfare systems that the 53% pay for. It's why I think people are touchy about it.

They aren't doing nothing, they just aren't doing a whole lot. "

Every son of a bitch in the US of A who has a legitimate job DOES pay Federal Income Tax. If you are under the table, maybe no. IF you make less than so much, all the TAX you paid may be paid back. That is no different than so many of you who LOVE to get a refund in the Spring.

That they may make 10 grand per year, and exemptions are 12 grand, of COURSE you get a refund. You are NOT leeching. You did not make enough TO pay tax.

You got a problem with that? Everybody should be like Romney, 21 million in retirement income per year? Are YOU there yet? Why the fuck you should be worried that the rich MIGHT have to pay more amazes me. 91% top rate under Eisenhower, Republican, built an Interstate, still plenty of really rich people.

You are too poor to worry about taxes. They are the least of your worries.

" They aren't doing nothing, they just aren't doing a whole lot. "

Them guys picking up your garbage are not doing a whole lot, either, are they? I would not like to do that job. Would you? Would you like to live on their earnings? They probably do not pay taxes. Too poor!

Some of those guys at the top of the ladder don't work very hard, either, make rules to pass down to you, make lots of money, somehow don't have to pay much in taxes. All you bitch about is all them poor bums who don't make enough to live on. THEY should pay MORE in taxes, so the RICH don't have to pay any.

You ain't either, you are too poor to pay BIG tax, you make too much to not pay any tax. You are like the Rednecks in the South. You might have it rough, but all them Blacks got it worse, so you ain't the worst in the world. One step up from the bottom.. THEY don't got to pay NO tax, and I do, so I am better than them.

As you seem to think you're better than I, for one, am. I am old, retired, not enough income to pay, so what makes me less than you? I paid taxes for near 50 years. Have you? I still pay taxes, County, School, per capita, sales, many others. We are not leeches. More of you are than we. You finagle every enny ou can to get out of paying your own weight. Poor-er people will file a simple form, no deductions, other than those allowed in the forms. RichER people like you, 50 grand or more, Republicans, PAY for a preparer to get deductions you might get away with, but are shady, to say the least.

Sorry to pigeonhole you, but you ARE definitely a REP. I am not. Screw you. We ain't fucking bums. We are poorer than you, but that is all. Some of us live better than you on what we have, though. We don't want more, and you do.

George

Whatley,

You are an idiot.

" Men should work hard, all the time, until you physically cannot any more; and then find out how to do something different. Do good work for both your own name's sake and for the sake of your country and go home and love your family well. "

You are the only idiot on this board who says "men should work hard all the time". I would bet you that 99.9% would tell you that you should work smart, which means not AS hard on that job.

I would not like to have you as an employee, if you have to work hard to get a job done. I have never worked hard, though I have done hard work. There is a difference. Digging ditches is hard work. I repaired machines, and the work was not physically hard, most of the time. Occasionally I did have to lift something, but I worked smart, rather than hard.

I would guess that every man jack on here is trying to make his job easier, thus more profitable. How many have bought CNCs because they were too tired of all the hard work of cranking handles. Some were one man shops, needed more production than they could make, others were tired of paying 2 or more to run the machines they used to have, for less production, possibly.

George

#1.
Alex, why do you care? you're in Canada. Why does any of this discussion have ANY bearing on your life?

Why do I care? Its my nature. Seeing some stats thrown around that seem off, might as well put in some actual statistics for people to look at and draw their own conclusions.
And how does this discussion have any bearing on your life? This discussion won't change anything in anyones life. Besides, I know there is a world outside the borders and I am curious.

#2.
Alex........Romney LOST the election. You don't have to run against him any more. (besides that, you're Canadian.....)

WTF does Romney have to do with the stats being tossed about? About as much relevancy as my being a Canuck.

Alex,
There has been an explosion in the amount of folks needing/wanting federal assistance down here. I know for Canadia this would be great, but in the REAL world, it's not so good.

So you hate Canada, NMFP.

Alex.

Back