What's new
What's new

3.24" dia, 1/8" thick disks

DanielG

Stainless
I am in need of 3.24" dia disks cut from 1/8" thick 6061. Temper does not matter. The 3.24" diameter is to fit into a 3.25" ID tube. The current process is routing, so 3.24 is a good size. I'm open to other processes and the size/tolerance can be adjusted to work. I assume that punching or laser would be the cheapest in quantity.

I'm not picky on exact quantity. The initial order would be for whatever you get from one sheet, so somewhere in the 400 to 625 range depending on sheet size and nesting.

Please include shipping to 04074 in your quote.

I am in need of 3.24" dia disks cut from 1/8" thick 6061. Temper does not matter. The 3.24" diameter is to fit into a 3.25" ID tube. The current process is routing, so 3.24 is a good size. I'm open to other processes and the size/tolerance can be adjusted to work. I assume that punching or laser would be the cheapest in quantity.

Would plasma cutting meet your needs?
Might want to run a test of a couple of pieces and mail them to the Op if going the plasma route.

Digger Doug,
That is a good idea. On .125 material i know i can hit the diameter with a clean finish. Taper in the cut would be the only concern. Thoguht it would be best to ask first before wasting anyones time.

Digger Doug,
That is a good idea. On .125 material i know i can hit the diameter with a clean finish. Taper in the cut would be the only concern. Thoguht it would be best to ask first before wasting anyones time.

Yes, I received some similar disc's to machine the o.d. and face a step into.

They were 1/4" thick and the taper and cut edge were horrible, I had to ask for 1/4" added on a side for clean up stock.

However, this was with an older CNC table running compressed air only.

If your machine is newer, maybe HiDef, and running mixed gasses, it might just be a viable alternative.

It should be the lowest cost option, if workable.

6061 Disk

I'm not picky on exact quantity. The initial order would be for whatever you get from one sheet, so somewhere in the 400 to 625 range depending on sheet size and nesting.

Please include shipping to 04074 in your quote.

Good morning,
I work for Hibbs ElectroMechanical in Madisonville, KY. We have a precision 5-axis waterjet. The tolerance for these should not be a problem. I can offer an initial order price of $2.70 each shipped to 04074. This would be a minimum order of 370 pc (est yield from a 4' x 8' sheet). Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thank you,
Brandon Strader
Project Manager
Hibbs ElectroMechanical Inc.
1300 Industrial RD
Madisonville, KY 42431
(270) 821-5216 ext: 209
(270) 584-0241 cell
(800) 648-4172 toll free
(270) 821-2312 fax
[email protected]
Hibbs ElectroMechanical Inc. – Performance Driven Powerful Results

Good morning,
I work for Hibbs ElectroMechanical in Madisonville, KY. We have a precision 5-axis waterjet. The tolerance for these should not be a problem. I can offer an initial order price of $2.70 each shipped to 04074. This would be a minimum order of 370 pc (est yield from a 4' x 8' sheet). Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thank you,
Brandon Strader
Project Manager
Hibbs ElectroMechanical Inc.
1300 Industrial RD
Madisonville, KY 42431
(270) 821-5216 ext: 209
(270) 584-0241 cell
(800) 648-4172 toll free
(270) 821-2312 fax
[email protected]
Hibbs ElectroMechanical Inc. – Performance Driven Powerful Results

Only 2 posts...........both lookin for work....................good job Buddy!:rolleyes5:

Why do people open quote work? I would believe anybody who does that has about zero chance of getting the job. Somebody will take a quick glance at it and knock 5 cents off and send a quote by PM.

Back