What's new
What's new

Brass Drawer Pull(s)

tc3500

Plastic
I recently bought a low media console from the family that originally purchased it quite some time ago.
It is missing one of the drawer pulls.
I am fairly certain that it is brass. The handle and standoffs are seperate pieces....and that makes for some shallow machining and tapping in the pull itself.
I am interested in having one or nine of these reproduced. But of course cost is a factor. I am not a restorer or reseller. I just happen to love this piece of furniture. I bought it near the California-Mexican border and the measurements seem to be in metric. 90mm center to center and 135mm overall if I recall correctly. I can mail one of the existing pulls for reference.

I can email photos of course.

Thank you for your time if you read this post. It is sincerely appreciated.

Trevor

most drawer pull are of a somewhat complex or intricate design and for that reason are cast. we need more details on the shape of the pull itself. please post info here so all of us can make determinations without having to wait for individual e mails, you'll also get much better and more timely results from the members of this forum.

Yes, please post a pic here so folks can see if they are even interested.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

most drawer pull are of a somewhat complex or intricate design and for that reason are cast. we need more details on the shape of the pull itself. please post info here so all of us can make determinations without having to wait for individual e mails, you'll also get much better and more timely results from the members of this forum.

Thank you so much for your reply. I originally posted from my Note9 and did not see any option for posting photos.....or they would have been in the original request.

I am using my PC now and it looks like a more detailed post is possible.

If the piece was cast or very detailed I would be looking to replace all handles. But I do think that this particular piece is within the skill set of a moderately experienced machinist with decent tools.

20190716_144030.jpg
20190716_144039.jpg
20190716_144058.jpg
20190716_144116.jpg
20190716_144144.jpg

Yes, please post a pic here so folks can see if they are even interested.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thank you very much Ox.
I was able to add pics from my PC.
The pull has shallow tapped holes to accept screws that seem to have 7,000.000 tpi, lol.
I can get that measured fir anyone interested.....and can mail all parts to be inspected as well.

Trevor

Here are some more detailed pictures that include a scale reference. The standoffs are not threaded.

20190722_110036.jpg
20190722_110149.jpg
20190722_110307.jpg
20190722_110331.jpg

Do you not have a Lowes, Home Depot, or even a (gasp) Amazon account? Not trying to be snarky, but this will likely cost more than you want to pay... Not to mention you shipping a part, then getting it shipped back. I mean, it doesn't look particularity interesting or unique to me, I would just replace them all. If you like the 'antique' finish you can buy that LoL.

Do you not have a Lowes, Home Depot, or even a (gasp) Amazon account? Not trying to be snarky, but this will likely cost more than you want to pay... Not to mention you shipping a part, then getting it shipped back. I mean, it doesn't look particularity interesting or unique to me, I would just replace them all. If you like the 'antique' finish you can buy that LoL.
ty you advice is wise, lol

I have machined steel that looks close to that for fab guys that bend and make lamb's tongues with.

I would look for Ornate flat bar stock you may find it in brass that you can drill and tap to make a pull. I am pretty sure that's all the manufacture did. Then put that acid on it to give it the aged look..

Like other guys have said door pulls are cheap at hardware store. But you get what you pay for there.

Back