What's new
What's new

Bullet Tips

plater

Plastic
I need a manufacturer of brass bullet tips. I am not sure if these are cast or stamped. They will be nickel plated and used in jewelry so do not need to be functional, only decorative. I need .223 and .308 caliber in quantities of 30,000 - 50,000 pieces per month, initially. This quantity will continually increase.
If interested, please email me at [email protected].

With the current market prices for raw materials, even seconds are not going to be cheap.

Talk to Sierra Bullets

Also:
Adam Braverman

Nammo, Inc

123 Winchester Drive

Sedalia, MO 65301

660-826-3232 phone/fax

[email protected]

He is the N. America rep for Lapua and a personal friend, Formerly with Sierra.

I'd figure that buying actual bullets and having them plated would be less costly than having someone tool up to make fake ones.

Check with ammunition wholesalers. The larger manufacturers of ammunition could likeley be convinced to run that kind of qty straight into bulk containers, rather than packaging them in consumer qty's. Winchester, Remington, Hornady, and their competition.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Doo you guys REALLY think that having live ammo running around as decoration is a good idea?

I would assume that he means solid - one pc parts - not assys. ???

But who needs 50K decorative bullets/month?

If they indeed were solid - they would git heavy around your neck after a while. (Or maybe that's not the application?)

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The ammo isnt live- its decorative, with no primer or powder- you must not live near a mall- as virtually every mall in america now has a store called "Hot Topic" which sells retro punk clothing from 30 years ago, bright pink and green hair dye, and jewelry and belts made from bullets.
50,000 a month will barely satisfy a couple of states, of bondage pants wearing, pierced and tattooed young kids.

There are over 500 Hot Topic stores alone, not to mention a few thousand local imitators.

Having lived thru punk rock the first time around, I think they are missing the best parts, and focusing on the cheesy fashion bits- and its kind of amazing that kids want to relive their parents, or in some cases their grandparents, teenage years- but nonetheless, I have no doubt this is a serious request, and that there is easily a market for 50K fake bullets a month.

Seems like FMJ bullets should be the cheapest route and the copper jacket should take plating well. To just see what is available, it would not be far to drive to Anderson and check at Grady's, they carry a big assortment of reloading supplies. Of course, in large quantities, you can get a much better price..

Is the co. that imported guns, etc. in Clarkesville still there? The one up on 441..

I sure do miss the mold work I used to do for your company..

I appreciate all of the replies. Some were quite humorous. I was skeptical myself when this project first began. Apparently, these bullet belts and other jewelry have been a hit in hollyweird, as many photographers are using them in shots of models. I have received a few emails with quotes, but since the cost of raw materials have skyrocketed, noone can get close to the price my customer is wanting to pay. He has found a source for recycled military tips in CA, so his current supply is being met.

Davis,
I am not sure about the gun importer on 441. Do you remember the name of the business?

He wants to be at 5 cents per piece. I think he is starting to realize that he may not be able to have them manufactured for this, but must continue to purchase recycled tips from the military. Did you have any ideas for meeting this price with an alternative metal?

Contact the manufacturers like Remmington,winchester,Sierra,Speer,Hornady and ask about buying rejects and inform them that they will be used for decorative purposes.

How about making a plastic injection mold and having someone mold them for you, if they are for looks only you can plate the plastic bullet and no one would know the difference. You could mold a ton of these in a hurry for pennies.

FYI they are not "bullet tips" they are bullets.

That is the part that comes out of the barrel. The shell is what the bullet sits in before it's fired, the shell contains the powder and primer.

The whole shebang all put together is a cartridge.

Better get it right if you are going to order 50k of them.

They do make "bullet tips" also but these are usually aluminum or plastic inserts that go into the tip of a bullet to aid expansion and move the CG rearward. I get the feeling this is not what you want. Check out Nosler or Horanday varmint bullets for a visual.

Hey rey, before you criticize someones terminology maybe YOU should get it right. It is not a shell the bullet sits in, it is a casing. Shells are for shotgun loads, not to many bullets being loaded these days in a shotgun shell.

Ok order 50k bullet tips then.

Shell, casing.

Ever heard someone say "30.06 shell"?

Or .50 cal shell?

Bet you have.

Never heard someone use "casing".

as in "hey I need 200 .300 win mag casings".

Nope does not ring a bell sorry.

When I call midway I order 200 .300 win mag shells and always seem to get what I need somehow. Now I do dabble in shotgun so I know what you are saying but the terms are used the way I have said regardless of what is really correct.

Never heard anyone who knew their business use the term "bullet tip".

It's fine with me, use it, let it soak in. Maybe you will start a trend.

I've been reloading for over 25 years and I still have so much to learn it seems.

edit* http://www.rcbs.com/default.asp?menu=1&s1=4&s2=2&s3=10

Check out the RCBS .50 press. It comes with a "shell holder" funny hu? Even the big boys use it the wrong way.

Have an awesome 5 axis day Mr. Fidia. :D

I have been reloading for many years as well, walk into Cabellas, Gander Mountain, or any of the thousands of gun shows in the midwest and ask for shells, I guarantee they will point you to the shotgun supplier, spent amunition laying on the ground from a rifle or pistol ready to reload , are known as casings, or simply "brass". I guess it really does not matter though. Maybe it's a wisconsin thing.

lets see :rolleyes: 5 cent a piece for 50,000? i have a lathe with a bar feeder just sitting. i can load bars all day long. :D what do you say Plater want to give me a shot at it?

Back