What's new
What's new

Chromoly Steel Parts

NautiSouth

Plastic
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a machining partner. Part to consider is to be made from a medium-carbon chromium-molybdenum steel, heat treated prior to finish machine. Operations to include:

- rough machine
- heat treat (via directed source)
- mill
- ream
- tap
- vibratory polish (potentially)
- REM isentropic microfinish (potentially)
- black oxide treatment
- laser ablation mark
- CMM inspection on a percentage of the run

Complete 3D data and 2D dimensioned drawings are available.

Quantity: 32pcs initially. Conservative estimate of 1000pcs/yr.

Rough Dimensions: 1" x 2" x 3"

Material Required Date: 1/15/2020

Preference given to shops in the United States. Southeastern US or Midwestern US highly preferred.

Discussions will follow agreement on terms of non-disclosure.

Message me privately on this forum if you are interested.

As a "partner" what exactly would you be bringing to the table? You are asking someone else to do all the work and I assume it would be for "free" as the machining work would get them their part in this "partnership".

JMHO

-Ron

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm seeking a supplier that can produce parts to print with no engineering services needed. Not a business partner, but someone who wants to do business.

Last edited:
Not what I'm saying at all. I'm seeking a supplier that can produce parts to print with no engineering services needed. Not a business partner, but someone who wants to do business.

Sorry then. When you start off with "looking for a machining partner" it sends up a bunch of red flags.

Best of luck,

-Ron

Just to clear it up a wee bit further...

What are your terms ?

Back