What's new
What's new

CNC Auminum panel for a bass boat

ggodwin

Aluminum
Hey folks,
I have picked up this bass boat that has been neglected for 20 years. The motor was blown and its very dirty in some areas. It has these wood panels that I'd like to replace. If possible I'd like to have some of these panels machined out of 3/8" Plate aluminum.

Panels.jpg

These panels are for flat surfaces with holes and ribs from what I can tell they each plane could be it's own piece. Does this look like something someone could make? Not sure how to program the machine. I don't have drawings just the parts.

There are others besides this one.

Opinions?

We could absolutely do it, but in all honest it will be fairly expensive considering engineering/design time and machine labor. Upwards of $300.00 per panel. If money's not a thing we'd love to make you some custom aerospace quality panels.
Waterjetting/laser cutting would probably be the cheapest route, but you're still mainly paying for getting the pieces reversed engineered. They also would not be able to do the recesses for the buttons to sit more flush.

Agreed with the above poster, it will not be cheap, but if you want it we can certainly make it. We could have you send us the parts and we can duplicate them exactly but in aluminum. Very simple from what I see so we would be able to program right at the machine saving any engineering cost.

another option would be to have them remade from wood or composite. You could then cut the pockets yourself with a router , if you have a speed reducer you could also use a router on aluminum as well with carbide bits.

I can make you some of these for a reasonable cost no problem. Please PM me if you are interested.

Strike 1

Consider yourself on probation.

If you come here to drum up 2 month old RFQ's, you may find yourself getting deleted.

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Strike 1

Consider yourself on probation.

If you come here to drum up 2 month old RFQ's, you may find yourself getting deleted.

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Seems like there are hoards of newbies that ignore dates.

Back