What's new
What's new

Electrical Contacts to be Manufactured...

Jay Fleming

Hot Rolled
I have the contacts in the attached picture that we're looking for vendors for. This is federal government work. I'm not sure if this project will require going out on FBO or we can get a certain number of quotes and proceed from there. Really, I'm trying to compile a list of vendors that have the capabilities to make these contacts and both contacts from one shop. So that would mean stamping, milling, wire-forming or four-slide, under one roof. The male contacts are silver copper alloy, female are beryllium copper, and they both have a silver plating. The plastic shells aren't a concern right now that I'm aware of. If you're interested in being put on my list of vendors that we'll be sending additional information to, please PM me with your email, company name, website, and anything else you feel is necessary. Shops will most likely need to be registered on SAM.gov. Reply here with any questions.

Thank you for your time.

Jay

Vernitron Connector.jpg

You are going to have to provide more detail. Drawing for a start. Also quantities. From my knowledge of the silver contact industry I would say you will need to go someone like CHECON. Electrical Contacts, Contact Materials, Products and Assemblies | Checon

Tom
I looked at their website but haven't contacted them. I've talked to 10 or so shops already and just trying to expand my list. I don't have more detailed information available right now. Just trying to see if these are anything a shop on here would like more info on when it's available.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How about Deutsch or ITT Cannon? I think if you want everything done under one roof you will have to go with one of the big boys. Due to the cost of keeping up with regulations a lot of smaller houses have outsourced their plating departments. Most of the jobs I had job hopping working for the man were with electrical connector manufacturers or places they off loaded over flow work to.

How about Deutsch or ITT Cannon? I think if you want everything done under one roof you will have to go with one of the big boys. Due to the cost of keeping up with regulations a lot of smaller houses have outsourced their plating departments. Most of the jobs I had job hopping working for the man were with electrical connector manufacturers or places they off loaded over flow work to.

I'm not sure either would be interested. The plating is probably the one item that would be okay outsourced. I'm just trying to avoid having one shop that can do the stamping of the male contact, then outsources the thread tapping to a shop, then the wire forming/four slide to another shop, then plating to another shop. The gov't is very fiscally irresponsible and I want to do my part to try to save some money.

Back