What's new
What's new

Industrial space to lease for short term in South East Wisconsin ?

Spud

Diamond
Wondering if industrial space is leased short term, like 6 months , in South East Wisconsin, around Waukesha , Milwaukee and Racine conties?

Need to find a place to store my machines soon. Need to vacate the garage it is currently stored in. Want to do it before cold weather arrives.

I am looking for some place with 3 phase power, heated or insulated walls , a restroom , utlity sink and a garage door so I can drive my pickup right inside.
Large windows and floor drain are a huge plus.
Around 2000 sq feet .
Want to do some one off prototyping of small parts with the manual machines I have, and restore my 4x4.

Any idea on price per sq ft for something like above in the area between Racine Wi and Waukesha Wi ?

Thanks

I'd imagine you would have a lot of trouble getting a lease on industrial space that short term. Normally their contracts are negotiated for multiple years.
I would see if you could rent a corner out of someones existing shop. There's a lot of people with way more building than they need who would be willing to rent out a little bit of it. Off the record, cheap, short lease, and will get you going until you find a permanent shop.
Honestly you could probably find an auto repair shop who over invested in their facility who would love to rent you a bay or two. Keep your machines in one and your truck in another.
Good luck on your next big move!

I'd imagine you would have a lot of trouble getting a lease on industrial space that short term. Normally their contracts are negotiated for multiple years.
I would see if you could rent a corner out of someones existing shop. There's a lot of people with way more building than they need who would be willing to rent out a little bit of it. Off the record, cheap, short lease, and will get you going until you find a permanent shop.
Honestly you could probably find an auto repair shop who over invested in their facility who would love to rent you a bay or two. Keep your machines in one and your truck in another.
Good luck on your next big move!

That depends. The reason, in many cases, that a person needs to negotiate a long term loan is to guarantee the owner a return on build out costs. Normally on a new tenant with a full build out it will take me at least three years to make that back so I have to insist on a five year lease to show a reasonable profit.

If a person can find a place that requires no build out or other expenses by the owner and it is sitting idle there would be a fair chance of him taking a six month deal. (May be tough to find though.) The only "trap" for the tenant would be having a triple net lease and not knowing how old the furnace/air is. You could be on the hook for some expensive repairs.

FWIW

-Ron

shoot me a pm, I'll give you my contact info.
There is a few people that either moved or got evicted.
Menomonee falls
Germantown
Butler ect

Probably looking at $1800-$2400 triple net.

That depends. The reason, in many cases, that a person needs to negotiate a long term loan is to guarantee the owner a return on build out costs. Normally on a new tenant with a full build out it will take me at least three years to make that back so I have to insist on a five year lease to show a reasonable profit.

If a person can find a place that requires no build out or other expenses by the owner and it is sitting idle there would be a fair chance of him taking a six month deal. (May be tough to find though.) The only "trap" for the tenant would be having a triple net lease and not knowing how old the furnace/air is. You could be on the hook for some expensive repairs.

FWIW

-Ron

I don't need a build out. Just 3 phase power, heat or insulated space, roll up doors or garage doors. Definitely need a restroom and utility sink .
Space can be bare brick , concrete or framing. Would like to have some windows.

I don't need a build out. Just 3 phase power, heat or insulated space, roll up doors or garage doors. Definitely need a restroom and utility sink .
Space can be bare brick , concrete or framing. Would like to have some windows.

Well, Max looks like he might have something for you. What you are looking for already has a build out done. The build out is the wiring/receptacles, lighting, and plumbing as well as the floor coverings, walls, etc. When I owned and leased out some industrial type space a few year ago (since sold it) I had to allocate about $10k just to put bathrooms in a space. Putting in 3-phase "outlets" around the space is very expensive but this is what you need/are looking for.

Your best bet is still to look for things like Max has offered, spaces that have been built out where the tenet has left or gone bankrupt. If there are no cost to the owner for you to move in they could be more than happy to do a six month lease.

Hope that helps,

-Ron

Back