What's new
What's new

Just asking

Rotor assy out of a vane type hydraulic pump?? If so the rotor is usually mild steel and the vanes are phenolic. Yes they can be made but usually much cheaper to buy.

So this is a commodity level replacement air pump rotor typically $10-$15 with the vanes for a Reddy Heater. Are you looking for some kind of non-standard size or high volumes that would justify not using an off the shelf design? Just curious.

I'm guessing these parts are are made from some sort of MDS filled plastic and are injection molded to achieve the pricing level I mentioned above.

Thanx for the reply guys.
I think the part is like a carbon fiber or something I am not sure. Its not pllastic or metal. And yes it is a rotary vane pump from a torpedo heater.
I do have suppliers for this part and I currently pay 10.80 dollars for the rotor, vanes and drive key which is plastic.
I am asking here because I am looking for better pricing. Further there are 3 different models of these parts all similar.
@ of them are 5/8 thick and the other 1/2 inch thick.
Just by the images I have here can anyone give me a rough estimate in costs.
Thanx a million

TH

Thanx for the reply guys.
I think the part is like a carbon fiber or something I am not sure. Its not pllastic or metal. And yes it is a rotary vane pump from a torpedo heater.
I do have suppliers for this part and I currently pay 10.80 dollars for the rotor, vanes and drive key which is plastic.
I am asking here because I am looking for better pricing. Further there are 3 different models of these parts all similar.
@ of them are 5/8 thick and the other 1/2 inch thick.
Just by the images I have here can anyone give me a rough estimate in costs.
Thanx a million

TH

I think it's fair to say that nobody here will be able to beat that price, certainly not when you'd also expect them to back the parts in the event of a failure. For someone to supply those at a better price, you're talking tens of thousands of sets, and China vendors.

Back