What's new

Lathe Turning Plastic RFQ

WillyWonka

Banned
Hi I am needing a quote for ~500 parts.
The Parts are white plastic...
I will use either, Acetal,
Acrylic, or Nylon for base material.

Parts will be 1.05 Inch long, 1.25 Inch OD, with .020" Edge Breaks on outside... with a thru hole size 5/32", or ~.156 Drill.

Please quote with material costs.

Thanks,
Bill

Do you want pricing for all three materials or is it up to the preference of the supplier?

I don't believe that I have ever seen white Acrylic in round stock. Sheets are fairly common, but Acrylic white round stock might be hard to find in less than mill quantities.

White acetal is easy to find.

Question is, what's the tolerance on your OD? You good with ordering 1.25" stock and leaving the mill finish or do you want the OD turned?

I'm not interested in the job, just asking because it will affect price for anyone who wants to quote this.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Have any tolerances? If you don't list them people will assume +/-.005. What are the I.D. edge break requirements?

White acetal is easy to find.

No kidding! I take that was a dig on Red Beard saying "Acrylic white round stock might be hard to find in less than mill quantities." Read that, ACRYLIC not ACETAL.

I would check the Op's other posts before considering doing this job. I know I won't be bidding. I quoted him so he can't edit where he lost it over nothing.

Back