What's new
What's new

Looking for new CNC shop for drone related products

gengelgau

Plastic
Hi all, This Gene with Fruity Chutes Inc. We manufacture parachute safety systems for the Drone, Aerospace and Rocketry industries. Our shop we've been using for the last 6 years or so has moved on to other things so I'm looking for a capable shop to make a variety of products for us. Materials is the usual aluminum, stainless and some steel / hardened steel. We have a lot of different, mostly smaller components we need made that go into, for the most part, parachute products that eject the parachutes. I have uploaded four sample design we have made now:

CNC Products Needing Quotes - Google Drive

All designs _but_ the Hawk 2 Release Rotary Plate are 6061T6 anodized aluminum.

- Aluminum Canister Bottom, challenge with this is the thin canister bottom. My current shop was able to make this no problem.

- Hawk-Body, This is a more complex design that needs both turning and milling.

- Raven Upper Shell, This is fairly straight forward but challenges are the ID of most of the shell is 0.816 +- 0.0005, so tight. Also there is a step to a larger diameter at the top. The model shows a hold in the side with a step, but the current shop just drilled the hole.

---

The part Hawk 2 Rotary Release is made from F1117CF steel and starts life as a stock Boston Gear part. The gear is then cut and milled to the final design.

Other things we need are stainless parts that need to be made. We have hybrid design where we MJF print the part, then have features cut that require higher precision like o-ring groove seats or other precision features.

---

We generally do small test runs (10 units) initially for most parts while we tune the design. Once the design is set we get up to several hundred parts per year depending on the part.

Get back to me if you think you can help and like a variety of designs and materials to work with. I like a collaborate effort so we ask for feedback from the shop when needed so we can tune the designs to help with fabrication issues.

Thanks for you time!

Gene Engelgau - CEO Fruity Chutes Inc.

California is a big place, why not list the city you are in, to see if someone is local to you.

Hey we would love to see the parts or prints and get you a quote email us at

K Precision - Home

[email protected]

Hi all, This Gene with Fruity Chutes Inc. We manufacture parachute safety systems for the Drone, Aerospace and Rocketry industries. Our shop we've been using for the last 6 years or so has moved on to other things so I'm looking for a capable shop to make a variety of products for us. Materials is the usual aluminum, stainless and some steel / hardened steel. We have a lot of different, mostly smaller components we need made that go into, for the most part, parachute products that eject the parachutes. I have uploaded four sample design we have made now:

CNC Products Needing Quotes - Google Drive

All designs _but_ the Hawk 2 Release Rotary Plate are 6061T6 anodized aluminum.

- Aluminum Canister Bottom, challenge with this is the thin canister bottom. My current shop was able to make this no problem.

- Hawk-Body, This is a more complex design that needs both turning and milling.

- Raven Upper Shell, This is fairly straight forward but challenges are the ID of most of the shell is 0.816 +- 0.0005, so tight. Also there is a step to a larger diameter at the top. The model shows a hold in the side with a step, but the current shop just drilled the hole.

---

The part Hawk 2 Rotary Release is made from F1117CF steel and starts life as a stock Boston Gear part. The gear is then cut and milled to the final design.

Other things we need are stainless parts that need to be made. We have hybrid design where we MJF print the part, then have features cut that require higher precision like o-ring groove seats or other precision features.

---

We generally do small test runs (10 units) initially for most parts while we tune the design. Once the design is set we get up to several hundred parts per year depending on the part.

Get back to me if you think you can help and like a variety of designs and materials to work with. I like a collaborate effort so we ask for feedback from the shop when needed so we can tune the designs to help with fabrication issues.

Thanks for you time!

Gene Engelgau - CEO Fruity Chutes Inc.

Back