What's new
What's new

Looking for Small Job Shops in Portland, ME Area

cinematechnic

Cast Iron
I just relocated to Portland, Maine from the People's Republik of California (yes, another economic refugee).

My plan is to start a business specializing in design and rapid prototyping of Opto-Mechanical systems for imaging. I was doing this work in Burbank, CA prior to the move but having to work 70+ hour weeks and just barely meeting expenses.

I would like to hear from any shops in or near Portland, ME that are willing to do short runs (25 pieces or less), and are comfortable with relatively tight tolerances and both inch and metric dimensions.

My parts are mostly aluminum, tend to incorporate fine pitch threads (in the 24 - 40 TPI range) and small threaded holes (#0-80, #1-72, #2-56, M1.4, M1.7, M2.0). Since most of my work is oriented towards optics, I mostly have lathe jobs, but I will have some mill jobs as well.

My main client for this work is growing company that is producing products for a rapidly growing consumer market and have already successfully raised funding. There are possibilities of an increasing volume of work in the future.

Please let me know if you are interested in working with me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Mailbox full

Hello,

I'm not in Oregon,but I am a small job shop (Really small 1 man shop) located in Baldwin part CA. I know its not close but I can ship :)

Capabilities:

CNC Lathe & Mill

Conventional Lathe
Conventional Vertical and horizontal mill

Surface grinder
Cylindrical grinder

Sinker EDM

Tig Welding

3D Printing

If interested let me know

Welcome to Maine!

I'm not a job shop, but I moved to Maine and started a company as well. It has it's frustrations like anywhere, but it's been a good state for me.

It sounds like your inbox is full. If you send me a PM with your contact info, I'll give you a few names of shops that have done good work for me in the past, as well as a few of the resources available to manufacturers.

Sorry guys, hit with the dreaded "full mailbox" again. I just backed up and deleted all messages.

You can also reach me at cinematechnic (at) mac (dot) com, and you can see more info about me and the work I do at cinematechnic.com

BTW, I am in Portland, MAINE

(the original Portland, BTW)

Thanks!

Portland is a happening place.

With the number of places in southern NH and north east mass[not to dis those actually in ME] that are one day UPS away, I think you will find many places that can help you out.

Come February, you may find out why everyone prefers California

Back