What's new
What's new

Looking for Small Shop in Virginia Area

CirceS

Plastic
I am looking for a small shop for a few parts that I need for a boat that I am rebuilding. I'd prefer someone close to Virginia because I have all the materials and the parts that need to be mated to. Willing to drive to another state.

double pulley for serpentine belts.jpg
drive shaft.jpg
gearbox adapter plate.jpg

Ain't like roofing yer house, remodeling a kitchen, nor landscaping where location matters.

These goods - and the raw materials, are small, light, very easy to ship, round-trip. Internet email for graphics files, and telephones for sorting questions surely exist.

Present price of fuel, your time on the road in winter weather?

I'd ship 'em to whomever and wherever a craftsman is comfortable they can do the job at reasonable cost.

Trboatoworks in Annapolis, is one example.

Thomas "knows a great deal" about what boats NEED to survive and serve long lives... as well as having the capability.

Tidewater Virginia, Florida, Gulf Coast, anywhere "waterside", similar folk exist.

Folks long years IN the boaty-bits trade tend to be better able to spot potential corrosion problems and areas for improvement as to severe weather stress in boaty-service than the folk who do landlubber backhoes and 'dozers do.

Boats are what they DO.

2CW

I appreciate the advice.

I have the raw materials and they weigh > 100lbs. The electric motor that I'm making the parts for is > 90lbs. This is why I'm considering driving, among other things.

"Trboatoworks in Annapolis" sounds promising, as Annapolis is not *too* far away. Wasn't able to google it, though. Is it "TR Boatworks"?

I'm not looking for general marine services - plenty of those near Deltaville, VA where my boat is on the hard. I need specific machine shop work, milling and lathe.

I appreciate the advice.

Another small point, there are some missing dimensions on the drawings, also missing materials call-outs. Some of them seem to be first axis projections and others third axis.

A title block with materials and qty would be good. Good luck on your project.

Back