What's new
What's new

Milled Steel Part, approx 5 lbs

NautiSouth

Plastic
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a machining source that can deliver a small quantity of mild steel parts. The part is prismatic in nature, but oriented on different planes. By my assessment, the part would be a candidate for a 5-axis machining center, or a 4-axis center with a couple of setups. I am however not a machining expert. The part does not require heat treatment.

In-Process 3D data and 2D dimensioned drawings are available.

Quantity: 4pcs initially. This part is expected to have multiple part numbers with slightly different geometry, meaning that two feature groups will be in a different location in increments of around .050" of an inch. All variants could be made from a common partially machined part. Total volume of all variants conservatively 128 pcs/yr.

Rough Dimensions: approx. 19.5" long, 2.75" wide, and 2" high. Finished weight approx. 5 lbs.:

Material Required Date: 3/02/2020

Discussions will follow agreement on terms of non-disclosure.

Terms of Payment: 2% 10/Net 30

Message me privately on this forum if you are interested.

just a thought on the lack of interest on this post, I don't thing too many shops are going to be interested in doing a job and hoping for payment. Since you are a new member there is a certain amount of distrust inherently given to you due to other new members non payments in the past. if you truly need this made by a reputable shop and in a speedy manner to good tolerances and specs you should have no problem with prompt payment in full. I've been in business with my dad for nearly 25 years, and we would never agree to such terms unless it was a customer we had much previous dealings with and trusted fully. I hope you can make a deal with one of the members here for the benefit of both parties. there are a lot of very good machinists in here, please respect them and their needs as well. good luck.

Thanks for your advice. While I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to the business of engineering and machining. Of course, everything is negotiable, including terms of payment. From my perspective, I think 2% 10/ Net 30 are reasonable terms and are not outside the norm of business today. I'm open to counterproposals however.

I would like to look at your drawings and see if I can come up with a quote for you. Please send cad files .igs works well if you have notes or .dxf works well too if there are no notes in the drawings.

I do not share customers drawings or ideas and I am more then willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement if required.

I normally require 50% down and remainder due at delivery or net 30 I am very negotiable for the Terms of Payment: 2% 10/Net 30 but may need down.

Vincent Eggleton

Thanks for the interest everyone! This job has been sourced. Everyone who PMed me will be considered for future milling work.

Back