What's new
What's new

Need 15 pieces machined from black Delrin

ezduzit

Hot Rolled
RFQ--15 pieces machined from black Delrin per drawing. Dimensions in inches. Metric thread is M24 x 3.0. Good workmanship and finish is expected. Please PM delivery and price. Post questions or suggestions here.

Good workmanship and finish is expected.

It seems a little awkward to request that when you can't be bothered to include tolerances or surface finish requirements in your drawing. I certainly wouldn't quote something with a diameter callouts to a thousandth without tolerances, and 'good finish' is a hard measurement to take.

It seems a little awkward to request that when you can't be bothered to include tolerances or surface finish requirements in your drawing. I certainly wouldn't quote something with a diameter callouts to a thousandth without tolerances, and 'good finish' is a hard measurement to take.
Get your head out of your spec book and look around. He wants nice parts and has probably dealt with shitty machine shops in the past. There may be no actual surface finish requirements, but he doesn't want parts from a hack that can't make nice stuff. Simple enough to me.

That said, I'm with you on stating general tolerances. We talking +/-.010" or +/-.002" all around?

Thanks fellas. Fair enough.

Generally dimensions given to the nearest 0.01 would be +/- 0.01. Those given to the nearest 0.001 would be +/- 0.005. But I would expect that a good machinist would produce parts that did not use up that whole range.

Finish should show good workmanship; surely not worse than 125 rms. Chamfer angles are not critical.

You just posted yesterday, if it was a crisis, you should have mentioned it, probably in the title and then be prepared to pay for someone to drop everything and get on it. My 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You just posted yesterday, if it was a crisis, you should have mentioned it, probably in the title and then be prepared to pay for someone to drop everything and get on it. My 2 cents...

Never tried this before and hadn't met the end user until yesterday afternoon. My apologies if I've somehow offended anyone.

No offense taken, just saying there might be some people here that could handle a rush job if they knew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No offense taken, just saying there might be some people here that could handle a rush job if they knew...

Sorry, had I known beforehand I certainly would have specified that in my original post. I was trying to get this out there before I had all the information now in my possession, though it is not uncommon to experience rushes on jobs for yachts in transit, as is the case here. And, because of prior work commitments (I am a one-man shop and always take jobs on a first come/first served basis) I felt I could not have taken on this project myself, yet also hated to disappoint a great client.

Back