What's new
What's new

Need 500 piece plastic tube with counterbores

acolin

Plastic
I am looking to buy 500 pieces of plastic tubing with 8 counterbored holes, 7 on top side and 1 on bottom.

Currently we are using CAB (cellulose acetate butyrate) but am happy to use something else as long as black, gloss, not brittle, and reasonably non-conductive - e.g acetal or delrin or even pvc.

If anyone has any better ideas on how to do this I'm very open to all ideas - we are fairly flexible on tube ID/OD. I've thought about injection moulding but not sure our volume is high enough? Hopefully this will increase to 2k pieces annually.

drawing here as wouldn't let me attach pdf as too big. tolerances 0.2mm on all.
Sheet1 | PDF Host

For the benefit of the masses:

A) Counterbored .5mm deep from what point?
The apex of the outter radius?
After the C/B diameter is full?
Something else?

B) What is the D of the counterbore?

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

In addition to the questions Ox listed a general tolerance and if different a positional tolerance for the holes.

If you can modify the print(even hand written for now) and send it to me I can provide you a quote in a couple of hours.

send the modified print to [email protected]

charles

He's in London.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox, thank you. I did see that and we do ship oversees to vendors, so that does not worry me. The size and weight is not prohibitive on shipment,so if he cant find someone there; we will quote it. We have actually beat local prices oversees on certain thing. I think we could be competitive.

Thanks

Back