What's new
What's new

Need to buy Aluminium Tubing

gautham202

Plastic
Good Afternoon,

I need to buy Aluminium Tubing for my new line of product(6061)-1" by 2" by 240" (0.125" thick). I need like 2000 pieces of them this year. Do you guys know how and where i can get a good deal for this order. Local suppliers are costly. I am in Boise,ID.

Thank you for your help friends.
Gautham

You might try to get it extruded yourself, or possibly ask someone like Copper and Brass Sales or other to source it for you.
The 240" will not likely be available other than custom.

I get customs from Extrudex in eastern Ohio.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Good Afternoon,

I need to buy Aluminium Tubing for my new line of product(6061)-1" by 2" by 240" (0.125" thick). I need like 2000 pieces of them this year. Do you guys know how and where i can get a good deal for this order. Local suppliers are costly. I am in Boise,ID.

Thank you for your help friends.
Gautham

if I recall they come in 20 foot randoms. I used to get them from coast alum we bought different sizes and pretty sure they all came in 20 randoms

but you need 2000 pcs so like ox said you might be better off going to supplier direct.
I think bralco can also get it.

I didn't know that box tubing (alum) was available in 20'ers. :o

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Looks like a stock size many places.

Most of the aluminum structurals I have bought have come 25' length.

Ryerson handbook lists 1x2-.125 stock lengths 21'1" (6063-T52)

Also Chicago Tube and others.

Looks like a stock size many places.

Most of the aluminum structurals I have bought have come 25' length.

Ryerson handbook lists 1x2-.125 stock lengths 21'1" (6063-T52)

Also Chicago Tube and others.

Oh - here goes the 6063 again! :willy_nilly:

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Good Afternoon,

I need to buy Aluminium Tubing for my new line of product(6061)-1" by 2" by 240" (0.125" thick). I need like 2000 pieces of them this year.
I'd be real careful if I wuz you. That's how we knew Saddam Hussein was building nukes - big orders of aluminum tubing. He didn't have anything to do with 9/11 either, but it didn't stop the US from invading and killing him.

Maybe make your parts out of brass or stainless ?

I didn't know that box tubing (alum) was available in 20'ers. :o

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

sorry about that I was thinking he wanted 2" round with .5 wal making it 1" id.

(2000) pcs of 2" x 1" x .125 6061-T651 is 32,360 Lbs
That should be enough to go direct to the mill.
I believe you will still be at around $2.00 plus per lb
(2) bundles close to 40" x 50" x 20'
That's a LOT of tubing

I'd be real careful if I wuz you. That's how we knew Saddam Hussein was building nukes - big orders of aluminum tubing. He didn't have anything to do with 9/11 either, but it didn't stop the US from invading and killing him.

Maybe make your parts out of brass or stainless ?

Can you keep your anti USA posts out of this section?

This dribble regards to the OP's question how???
I cannot tell if this is tongue and cheek or just USA bashing; however, I can unequivocally state that your comments are inflammatory and not needed.

Back