What's new
What's new

Need cnc work done on a few parts

Trbsc400

Plastic
I need a cnc shop to cut an adapter for a car I'm building have all the cad files and photos of one completed material will be aluminum I'm located in Alabama

You should give a few specifics on the approximate size, you could be adapting anything from an oil pressure sending unit to a different engine.

Oh sorry it's an adapter plate for the bellhousing on the transmission IMG_1957.JPG.jpgIMG_1958.JPG.jpg
d2fd0ba15195ddcdcdf53747edbca3cf.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

I checked them out looks like they only do vw and Porsche adapters this is a Toyota trans to a v8 bellhousing there are companies that make a kit but they are close to $2k I have everything to swap it just need that adapter thanks tho

There’s a lot of machining on that part, by the time you factor in material and the fact that it’s a one-off, $2000 is not bad.
Even tho you have a model, someone still needs to do the CAM side and generate tool paths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the cad files and 3d models idk if that would help

I have the cad files and 3d models idk if that would help

It’s a good start, the model is used to develop machine tool paths that are specific to the tooling being used. Machine code specific to whatever machine you are using is then generated by a program called a Post-processor. It all takes time which you have to pay for.
If you were looking to buy 50 adapters, then all the programming, fixturing/set-up time can be spread over 50 parts.
If you think about, $2000 is 20 hours at $100/hr. The clock starts when the material is ordered or gotten off a shelf, and ends when the part is packaged, ready for shipping. 20 hours disappears fast.

I’m done :)
Hopefully someone here can help you and still make a buck, at least you have a backup plan

It’s a good start, the model is used to develop machine tool paths that are specific to the tooling being used. Machine code specific to whatever machine you are using is then generated by a program called a Post-processor. It all takes time which you have to pay for.
If you were looking to buy 50 adapters, then all the programming, fixturing/set-up time can be spread over 50 parts.
If you think about, $2000 is 20 hours at $100/hr. The clock starts when the material is ordered or gotten off a shelf, and ends when the part is packaged, ready for shipping. 20 hours disappears fast.

I’m done :)
Hopefully someone here can help you and still make a buck, at least you have a backup plan

It's not that big a deal, if it took more than an hour a side to rough there's something wrong. Finishing isn't going to take long either.

At the most that's 6-8 hours tops, that's from starting to clamp onto the table/roughing, finishing, to starting packaging.

You do machine aluminum don't you?

Perfect-quote the guy $600 and be done.
I’m betting most people won’t be that confident in making any money at $600-800

That looks like an R150/151 being mated to a 340 series Aisin or GM 4L60E bellhousing pattern (just a guess).

I can whip that up no problem. Just need to know how thick you want it.

$2000 you have to be kidding me.

You just need to talk to the right folk.

Back