What's new
What's new

Need A Flanged Wheel Made

Rick Rowlands

Titanium
I have a 3 ton P&H hoist and trolley which I am refurbishing for use at the Tod Engine Heritage Park. The trolley is missing one flanged wheel. P&H will sell me a new wheel for around $400.00 however thats a lot of money for our cash strapped project.

I am looking for someone who could make this wheel and do it cheaper than $400. I can do the rough machining but my limited machining capabilities preclude me from making the hub or turning the tread taper.

Here are pics of another wheel which I disassembled to use as a pattern. I can send the pattern and the rough machined blank.

Thanks

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Foundation

Hope you don't mind Rick, but I took the liberty of making a rough print using the dimensions you provided in the photo descriptions, and some guestimation on my part (I speak pretty good "napkin sketch" sometimes). BTW I'm not quoting on this, just thought I'd help Rick out by providing a clearer picture of what he needs for the guys that want to quote it. Rick, If I'm way off (or out of line by doing this) please let me know

All dimensions are assumed basic

Dan

I am not quoting this either D Dubeau, but Id like to throw my 2 cents worth in:

1 cent: Great job on your drawings, what software are you using?

2 cent: This is what "practicalmachinist.com" is all about, "LENDING A HELPING HAND & BEING RESOURCEFUL"

THATS WHY I LOVE THIS SITE

OH, ONE MORE CENT: IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE BEING HELPFUL, THEY DON'T BELONG IN HERE!!

((not saying that Rick is going to have a problem, OK?))

:D SteelCutter :D

Thanks SteelCutter. Just trying to help. I've followed a bunch of Rick's posts so I kinda have an idea what he's workin' with.

Thats what I like about this site too, is the lending a hand mentality, with no expectation of reciprocation.

BTW, I use mechanical desktop primarily (@work)

Dan

Oh, I only meant to show the features of the part, and a rough size for quoting purposes. Not finished dimensions. From what I understand those are to be taken from the wheel shown

Rick,

The wheel is on it's way to you. The bore in the new wheel is .0005" smaller than your sample.

I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and don't know if I'll be able to check my email....

Andy

Back