What's new
What's new

Need laser or waterjet cutting with brake work

rke[pler

Diamond
I'm trying to make a 2J collet rack. I was working with someone from this forum but he's stopped responding to emails (even while continuing to post). I thought I'd toss this out here for others to see, maybe someone has some time on their equipment and can do the job.

The collet rack would be made to mount in my existing industrial shelving (approximately 36 x 16) with 1.625 holes on 2" centers, as many as practical. The rack will need to be bent so that it can mount to the shelving risers and be at an angle so I can read the collet size.

Material would be at your discretion, but keep in mind that it would have close to 100# on it fully loaded. I can deburr & paint, even do minor welding of bracing or what ever is required.

If the cost is low/reasonable I might have something similar made for 5C (I need more shelf space).

rke[pler,

Do you have a sketch or print or do you know the bend angle that you need. I may be interested in helping you out.
I think I have very competitive prices. Please let me know.

Johnny

The shelf dims are 35.75 by 14.75". Angling the plate by 15 degrees gives a face 35.75 by 15.28 with a 75 degree bend at the front and a 105 bend in the back. Put in a 1" lip at the front and the back will have a 5" lip. The lips need mounting holes in them at 34.75" centers horizontal and 1" vertical spacing with clearance for a 1/4" mounting bolt (so something like 9/32 or so).

Here's a cheesy freehand sketch, I didn't put all the 1.625" holes:

shelf_rough.gif

Back