What's new
What's new

Outback Machine Shop, Genoa, Illinois

JimGlass

Stainless
To see our shop visit my web page
http://www.outbackmachineshop.com/

What we want to do:

We are looking for machine work of any kind within the limits of our machines. Work could include repair parts, tools, assemblies, electrical work and CAD. I can automate short run production jobs to run in my shop or yours, even special jobs. With our low overhead we can save you money. As of 1/1/06 the shop rate is $40/hour for all types of work.

Workmanship and Experience:

In our business, workmanship is expected without asking and without added expense. I have 30 years experience in Tool & Die and Special Machine construction. I have Served an Apprenticeship through the U S Department of Labor. In addition, I earned an AAS Degree in drafting and a Certificate in Industrial Electricity from Kishwaukee College, Malta, Illinois.

Our Equipment:

We have a Brigeport Series I CNC, a new Bridgeport type-milling machine with 9 X 42 table and digital read out. Our lathe is a tool room type used primarily for one of a kind type work. The lathe is a 13 x 40 bed with digital readout. We also have a 6 X 12 Harig surface grinder that also has a cylindrical grinding attachment, Sine plate, and J & S radius dresser. Small heat treat furnace.

Call us at
(815) 784-5346
(815) 761-2672 cell

In addition to my original post I also design and build automated systems and machines. I have 10 years experience programming Allen-Bradley PLC
SLC500, SLC503, Micrologix 1000, Micrologix 1200 programmable controllers. I use RSLogix software.

In addition, I just started using a
PCL601 contoller made by Anaheim Automation. The PCL601, is a PLC with input outputs and pulse generator for running stepper and servo motors.

I also have experience with several kinds of proximity sensors made my Turck, Banner, Keyence,
Allen-Bradley, and Cuttler-Hammer.

Here is a link to view some of my automated projects.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v30/jglass/Automation%20Projects/

Web page; www.outbackmachineshop.com

Jim Glass
Genoa Illinois

[ 01-22-2007, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: JimGlass ]

Back