What's new
What's new

Qty 500 x 2 parts =1000 total. .75x.75 AL 6061 bar with four drilled and tapped holes

aluminumwelder

Plastic
drawing2.jpgdrawing.jpg
Need these two parts made. 500 of each one x 2 parts =1000 parts total.
prefer .75x.75 aluminum bar, but if there is a cheaper material let me know.
These Nuts are put into the bottom of square aluminum tube so that I can bolt the tube to a flat steel base for portable kiosks that we make.
The big holes need to be tapped 3/8-16 thread, the small holes need to be tapped 1/4-20 thread.
I have been making these with a metal chop saw and mill/drill but it's time consuming. Thinking maybe farming it out would be a better use of my time.

I have accounts with American Metals and EasternMetal.com and can get 12 foot aluminum 3/4 x 3/4" bar shipped to you if you just want to quote me the machining cost.
Regular saw cut ends are fine and the finish is not important. Parts are hidden and don't need to be deburred either.

Hoping for price to be less than $2.50 each.

Even thought I have been on this forum for a while I dont' read imuch please send quote to me singlemommyseller321 at gmail dot com or call 704 726 97 eight eight.

Last edited:
You need to specify how they need to look cosmetically. Obviously made from unfinished 3/4 x 3/4 bar stock will be cheapest, but some of it can look pretty nasty, twisted, concave, gouged, scuffed, dented, etc.

I've had good luck cleaning up 3/4 nominal 6061 bar on the disk sander. It finished nicely, and it can be polished on a scotchbrite wheel to a nice finish.

I think a drill jig would be a good way to go here. One can be made simply with a steel block base, some angle iron and a cam-clamp to hold the part down. Hardened bushings would be ideal but it's /only/ 1000 parts. Farming it out is a good option if you don't have another operator to run the parts. Stuff like this is bread and butter for a lot of small shops.

Back