What's new
What's new

RFQ: 2 easy cnc lathe jobs, 60 pcs each.

Freedommachine

Stainless
The site will not allow me to add attachments from my phone. I have added drop box links to a basic pdf view of each piece for general reference.

Dropbox - FMW125.pdf - Simplify your life

Dropbox - FMW225.pdf - Simplify your life

FMW125 (this is a section view):
-Overall length is roughly 2.25"

-Tolerance is +/- 0.003" other than the drilled hole depth which is +/- 0.01"

-Material is free machining steel.

-Quantity is 60 pcs.

FMW225:
- Diameter is 1.375" length is 0.75"

- Center hole is reamed

- Other than center hole, tolerance is +/- 0.003"

- Material is 1-3/8" x .312" wall DOM tube or CRS depending on cost of drilling vs DOM tube.

- Quantity 60 pcs.

If you are interested in quoting this work, please contact me freedommachine at protonmail DOT com. I have solidworks files for these parts but can convert to your preferred file type upon request.

Thank you,

-John

Just use the snipping tool to take a screenshot of the print/model/whatever.

You can then post that here.

Just use the snipping tool to take a screenshot of the print/model/whatever.

You can then post that here.

The site won't allow me to post any attachments here from a mobile device. I get a message saying something like; "This option not available on mobile version."

Are the drop box links not working?

After reading the rules sticky - probably should've done that first, I'd rather use a 3rd party host than a direct attachment anyway.

This way I'll have the ability to remove any visual representation of my product from the internet after the job has been awarded.

The links go directly to a drop box account for my company. Clicking on them allows you to view the pdf. It will not start a direct download.

This job has been awarded. As a courtesy to everyone who took the time to quote this work, I will provide feedback to you individually.

As a first time user of this rfq resource, the experience has been very beneficial for my business. Everyone that contacted me with an offer to quote this work has been professional and respectful.

This service has provided me with contacts that I otherwise would not have made. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get quotes on work.

I will provide an update once I take delivery of the parts.

I apologize for the delay in updating this thread.

I received these parts 07/15/2020. They were all on time, within tolerance, and in the proper quantity. I could not have asked for a better outcome. Thank you!

Did you get a CNC? I would think you would not want to run 60 piece jobs on a cam automatic.

I forget to check this forum from time to time. I have a machine set up for Spot, Drill, Ream, with a Chamfer/Cutoff. I can adjust the length and feed out. Change a collet and its running again. I like to leave it set up like that all the time.

I have a bunch of different coupling/collar jobs with 500-1000 qty runs. Even those are small but the machine has pretty much no setup time.

I did not bid this job but I did exchange a few emails. 4th of July caught me off guard and I am now back at it after some needed down time. Its been swamp ass season up here this past week. Working in that is not fun at all. Especially when you live on a lake with a boat.

Back