What's new
What's new

RFQ - 4" Dia Turned Part

Can you just attach it as a PDF file? Zooming in just distorts it too much, for me anyway.

The link that I posted has the PDF with a few dimensions. I have a fully dim'd drawing and solid model. Nothing crazy on tolerances, need .005 in the oring grooves and .010 on the rest of the part.

I would like to submit a quote. Waiting for material quote (6061). How would payment be made if quote was accepted?

Rgds Ian Glen
JM Products, Inc.
Oxford, CT

Might as well answer all the questions out in the open I figure it would be easier that way. My hopefully last question is are the 2.0 diameter hole and the 3.95 diameter o.d. both straight, without taper?

I would like to submit a quote. Waiting for material quote (6061). How would payment be made if quote was accepted?

Rgds Ian Glen
JM Products, Inc.
Oxford, CT

First time I have heard of someone wanting to discuss terms before even submitting a quote.

Hi Folks,

I have awarded this one. Thank you for quoting. I have another small turned part that I will send to those who quoted.

Thank You,

Tim

Would you mind letting us know the winning bid and quantity without naming names? I want to know if the high price of local material was the difference for me. Then I can stop wasting my time quoting aluminum jobs where a high percentage of the price is the cost of material. The price of domestic around me has went through the roof.

Agree it is good that we know the price or ball park of work to tho help pricing...when possible.
Agree sometimes the price is too low and someone learns a lesson.

I usually never ask what something went for or a target price. This is an exception as I am guessing getting hosed for $2.80 a pound for 500# of 6061 could have made the difference when some people even recently said they are paying under $2 a pound. That is a local place I have an account with, not an online metal supplier.

I usually never ask what something went for or a target price. This is an exception as I am guessing getting hosed for $2.80 a pound for 500# of 6061 could have made the difference when some people even recently said they are paying under $2 a pound. That is a local place I have an account with, not an online metal supplier.

I also am paying $2.80. A nearby shop that buys a few 1000# at a time gets a significantly better deal.

Regards.

Mike

I wasn't look to quote the part, but I pay right around $2/lb for 6061................

And I used to feel sorry for you when it was -30F in your area and I had a nice warm 9 degrees, you no longer have my sympathy.

Back