RFQ - 4" Dia Turned Part
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NE OHIO
    Posts
    1,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    280

    Default RFQ - 4" Dia Turned Part

    Hi Folks,

    I would like a quote for 100,200, & 500 of these. They can be made out of 6061 aluminum or white delrin.

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ge...oP114diReP32ZF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ringconnector.jpg  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    6,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    490
    Likes (Received)
    3054

    Default

    Can you just attach it as a PDF file? Zooming in just distorts it too much, for me anyway.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NE OHIO
    Posts
    1,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    280

    Default

    The link that I posted has the PDF with a few dimensions. I have a fully dim'd drawing and solid model. Nothing crazy on tolerances, need .005 in the oring grooves and .010 on the rest of the part.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    I would like to submit a quote. Waiting for material quote (6061). How would payment be made if quote was accepted?

    Rgds Ian Glen
    JM Products, Inc.
    Oxford, CT
    06478

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    6,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    490
    Likes (Received)
    3054

    Default

    Might as well answer all the questions out in the open I figure it would be easier that way. My hopefully last question is are the 2.0 diameter hole and the 3.95 diameter o.d. both straight, without taper?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    6,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    490
    Likes (Received)
    3054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ianglen View Post
    I would like to submit a quote. Waiting for material quote (6061). How would payment be made if quote was accepted?

    Rgds Ian Glen
    JM Products, Inc.
    Oxford, CT
    06478
    First time I have heard of someone wanting to discuss terms before even submitting a quote.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    5,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6864
    Likes (Received)
    7010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by behindpropellers View Post
    Hi Folks,

    I would like a quote for 100,200, & 500 of these. They can be made out of 6061 aluminum or white delrin.

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ge...oP114diReP32ZF
    May I have your email to send quote please.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NE OHIO
    Posts
    1,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    May I have your email to send quote please.
    Please send it to my PM inbox. Honestly tired of getting spam once I give out my info.


    Tim

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NE OHIO
    Posts
    1,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ianglen View Post
    I would like to submit a quote. Waiting for material quote (6061). How would payment be made if quote was accepted?

    Rgds Ian Glen
    JM Products, Inc.
    Oxford, CT
    06478
    I pay via check upon delivery.

    Thanks,

    Tim

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Hi,

    How soon do you need the quote?

    Best regards,
    Bill Johnson
    Troy Total Distribution

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pillager, MN
    Posts
    5,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1840
    Likes (Received)
    5087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TT Distribution View Post
    Hi,

    How soon do you need the quote?

    Best regards,
    Bill Johnson
    Troy Total Distribution


    .....................................one post

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    5,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    162
    Likes (Received)
    1420

    Default

    BP, did you get my e-mail?

    Regards.

    Mike

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NE OHIO
    Posts
    1,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    280

    Default

    Hi Folks,

    I have awarded this one. Thank you for quoting. I have another small turned part that I will send to those who quoted.

    Thank You,

    Tim

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    6,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    490
    Likes (Received)
    3054

    Default

    Would you mind letting us know the winning bid and quantity without naming names? I want to know if the high price of local material was the difference for me. Then I can stop wasting my time quoting aluminum jobs where a high percentage of the price is the cost of material. The price of domestic around me has went through the roof.

  15. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3224
    Likes (Received)
    3385

    Default

    Agree it is good that we know the price or ball park of work to tho help pricing...when possible.
    Agree sometimes the price is too low and someone learns a lesson.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    6,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    490
    Likes (Received)
    3054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Agree it is good that we know the price or ball park of work to tho help pricing...when possible.
    Agree sometimes the price is too low and someone learns a lesson.
    I usually never ask what something went for or a target price. This is an exception as I am guessing getting hosed for $2.80 a pound for 500# of 6061 could have made the difference when some people even recently said they are paying under $2 a pound. That is a local place I have an account with, not an online metal supplier.

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    5,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    162
    Likes (Received)
    1420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    I usually never ask what something went for or a target price. This is an exception as I am guessing getting hosed for $2.80 a pound for 500# of 6061 could have made the difference when some people even recently said they are paying under $2 a pound. That is a local place I have an account with, not an online metal supplier.
    I also am paying $2.80. A nearby shop that buys a few 1000# at a time gets a significantly better deal.

    Regards.

    Mike

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pillager, MN
    Posts
    5,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1840
    Likes (Received)
    5087

    Default

    I wasn't look to quote the part, but I pay right around $2/lb for 6061................

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    6,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    490
    Likes (Received)
    3054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    I wasn't look to quote the part, but I pay right around $2/lb for 6061................
    And I used to feel sorry for you when it was -30F in your area and I had a nice warm 9 degrees, you no longer have my sympathy.

  21. Likes david n, wrustle, digger doug, Winterfalke liked this post
  22. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    149
    Likes (Received)
    159

    Default

    Small turned part?, how small? If the part is 1.062” or less in diameter, could you send me a pdf file to quote?
    Email: [email protected]

    Thanks Alan

    Quote Originally Posted by behindpropellers View Post
    Hi Folks,

    I have awarded this one. Thank you for quoting. I have another small turned part that I will send to those who quoted.

    Thank You,

    Tim


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •