What's new
What's new

RFQ 6061 Aluminum Turning 2500 pcs

RevMachLLC

Plastic
Greetings Machinists,

I'm looking for a shop to handle a request that is a bit outside of my volume capability. Print and sample pictures are attached.

A few notes to elaborate on the print.

*Ream size and ream minimum depth are critical. Pre-drill to suit but do not break through to the cross hole.

*Cross hole dimension leaves .060 wall thickness at the thinnest point (to the radiused end of the part), this needs to be +/- .005 (not shown on print).

*The 20° flat and resulting .222 dimension are there to provide a small flat around the cross hole. Please reinterpret this however it works for you. I currently do this by hand on a deburring wheel, which is not practical for this quantity. The result is an approximately .025 wide flat that fluctuates around around the perimeter of the hole because of the o.d. radius.

*Finish: On the quantities I normally produce, I do a file pass and scotch-brite 'very fine.' The o.d. can be cut or pre-ground, but must have a nice uniform matte finish with no mill marks, pits, or flaws remaining from bare stock. You may notice some slight finish flaws in the sample picture that are remnants from the 6061 cold-formed stock; I would like to improve on this finish.

*If you have anodizing capability, please quote with and without black anodize. The customer has not decided on their preference.

*This job could repeat about once per year in 6061 aluminum and 360 brass.

PM with quotes. PM or post with questions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Jim
qra-01 (1).jpgQRA-01 (2).jpgView attachment 133953

Last edited:
Difficult to read the drawing due to its size. Can you provide attachment, or enlarge?

I downloaded and tried to zoom in. It becomes pixelated and unreadable very quickly.

I'm working on the print issue. For some reason the site won't accept the pdf, and I'm having trouble with the images compressing. Stay tuned...

Thank you to all that quoted on this job. This rfq is effectively closed, and the winning quote came from a practicalmachinist.com member. For that matter, all of the best quotes I received came from members of this website.

-Jim

Back