What's new
What's new

RFQ 6061 Turned parts 1.7" OD QTY 20

essbend

Plastic
Hello,

I have need for the following part turned in 6061.
The taper has the same angle as a Morse #3. I specified a taper tolerance of 0.002" diameter in 1.25". I am not entirely certain about what angular tolerance I need, but I assume this should be easy to achieve with any CNC lathe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

To utilize 1.75" stock, I chose a 1.7" OD. Obviously, you can use whatever size stock you have in hand, but since I'm going to need larger quantities in the future, I'd like to size the OD to fully utilize a standard rod diameter in order minimize material waste. So I was wondering, is 1.75" stock enough for a 1.7" part?

QTY 20
2-4 week lead time
PDF drawing and .step file provided. I may be able to provide other file formats are required.

Please PM me if you'd like to quote. Thanks!

BF0064 - SW Drawing v2.pdf - Google Drive
BF0064 - SW v2.step - Google Drive

To utilize 1.75" stock, I chose a 1.7" OD. Obviously, you can use whatever size stock you have in hand, but since I'm going to need larger quantities in the future, I'd like to size the OD to fully utilize a standard rod diameter in order minimize material waste. So I was wondering, is 1.75" stock enough for a 1.7" part?

Sure, should be fine, and 1-3/4" fits in a 3J collet :).

Regards.

Mike

Hello,

I have need for the following part turned in 6061.
The taper has the same angle as a Morse #3. I specified a taper tolerance of 0.002" diameter in 1.25". I am not entirely certain about what angular tolerance I need, but I assume this should be easy to achieve with any CNC lathe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

QTY 20
2-4 week lead time
PDF drawing and .step file provided. I may be able to provide other file formats are required.

Please PM me if you'd like to quote. Thanks!

BF0064 - SW Drawing v2.pdf - Google Drive
BF0064 - SW v2.step - Google Drive

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back