What's new
What's new

RFQ: Aluminum Plates

bsewell

Plastic
I need one of each of these. I can send models if needed. I am not in a rush. I wont have final dimensions for a week or two. Nothing that should affect a quote will change. Just the size and location of a couple holes. I can provide the material. Will be made from two Aluminum discs .75 thick 5" OD. the OD will not need any machine work.

Attachments

• Adapter B.JPG
    Adapter B.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Adapter L.JPG
    Adapter L.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 261
I need one of each of these. I can send models if needed. I am not in a rush. I wont have final dimensions for a week or two. Nothing that should affect a quote will change. Just the size and location of a couple holes. I can provide the material. Will be made from two Aluminum discs .75 thick 5" OD. the OD will not need any machine work.

I'm not interested in quoting, but some food for thought that may help if you don't get the replies you are hoping for:
1) You say no machining on the OD. What about the faces?
2) "A tight tolerance for a press fit bearing" is pretty vague. I've seen bearing applications where ±0.001" is acceptable. I've also seen bearing applications where ±0.0001" is on the edge of too loose.
3) Do these holes have position tolerances? Perpendicularity on the bearing hole?
4) You created a burr/thin wall headache at the OD with your counter bored holes. People may be hesitant to quote as overlooking that sort of thing may be read (or mis-read) as inexperience, which often results in future headaches with the customer.

Bsewell, we would definitely be interested in quoting your project.
Please email your CAD data and address the items in jccaclimber's post.

Regards,

Doug Pryor
David Wolfe Design, Inc.
[email protected]

Sent you a private message --

Back