What's new
What's new

RFQ: American Full Service Manufacturer Needed for Production of Survival Stoves

CampingJunkie

Plastic
Hi all. I'm the inventor of a new survival and emergency preparedness device and I have been having much difficulty in finding a good manufacturer for this product. I was very happy to find that Practical Machinist offers this board on their forums and decided to place my request here.

The device in question is called the StealthFyre Survival Stoves. We have a website, a YouTube channel, Instagram and Facebook that I would encourage you to source in order to understand what we need from you. We will supply a few .pdf files with dimensions and notes in order to fulfill the quote, but will only do so through private conversations via email. We would like to speak with you over the phone before sending these files and any others that we will supply through an email conversation. You can PM us here on Practical Machinist with your phone number and a good time to call(please add timezone), and we will give you a ring to speak about specifics and your capabilities.

Our current run was done locally and it was a very short, very expensive run. We produced 100 stoves, with each stove consisting of 24 individual panels of various simple shapes, or 2,400 individual panels. These panels were cut on a CNC table from 24 gauge 304 stainless with a #4 finish, but we are also looking to produce a version from titanium sheet as well. They are panels with fine details in need of precision cutting and bending. The tabs on our panels are bent at 90*. Most of our panels will require that these bends be on all 4 sides of each panel, with tabs opposing each other bent in opposite directions. I hope that makes sense. The panels will also need to be deburred.

We are looking for a manufacturer that can also offer kitting, packaging, warehousing and fulfillment services, whether they are in-house or offered by other businesses near your shop. we are looking to have a drop ship agreement of sorts that will work with our online orders for the product.

Any offers that can fulfill these requirements would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to bring the cost per panel down to around $4.00/ea or less, preferably closer to $2.50/ea. Please be able to provide a series of quotes for quantities that best reach this target. This RFQ will remain open until the job is filled.

Our website is Modular Camp Stoves | Stealthfyre Stoves

Thank you for your consideration!

Hi all. I'm the inventor of a new survival and emergency preparedness device and I have been having much difficulty in finding a good manufacturer for this product. I was very happy to find that Practical Machinist offers this board on their forums and decided to place my request here.

The device in question is called the StealthFyre Survival Stoves. We have a website, a YouTube channel, Instagram and Facebook that I would encourage you to source in order to understand what we need from you. We will supply a few .pdf files with dimensions and notes in order to fulfill the quote, but will only do so through private conversations via email. We would like to speak with you over the phone before sending these files and any others that we will supply through an email conversation. You can PM us here on Practical Machinist with your phone number and a good time to call(please add timezone), and we will give you a ring to speak about specifics and your capabilities.

Our current run was done locally and it was a very short, very expensive run. We produced 100 stoves, with each stove consisting of 24 individual panels of various simple shapes, or 2,400 individual panels. These panels were cut on a CNC table from 24 gauge 304 stainless with a #4 finish, but we are also looking to produce a version from titanium sheet as well. They are panels with fine details in need of precision cutting and bending. The tabs on our panels are bent at 90*. Most of our panels will require that these bends be on all 4 sides of each panel, with tabs opposing each other bent in opposite directions. I hope that makes sense. The panels will also need to be deburred.

We are looking for a manufacturer that can also offer kitting, packaging, warehousing and fulfillment services, whether they are in-house or offered by other businesses near your shop. we are looking to have a drop ship agreement of sorts that will work with our online orders for the product.

Any offers that can fulfill these requirements would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to bring the cost per panel down to around $4.00/ea or less, preferably closer to $2.50/ea. Please be able to provide a series of quotes for quantities that best reach this target. This RFQ will remain open until the job is filled.

Our website is Modular Camp Stoves | Stealthfyre Stoves

Thank you for your consideration!
If you are only providing .pdf files, will the supplier have to re-draw in CAD to program their laser/plasma/waterjet ?

I am not a sheet metal shop and can't offer any help manufacturing your product.

I wanted to congratulate you on what looks like a great idea and fantastic product. I think you will get a lot of help here at P/M and be able to find a vendor or two who can handle your requirements. I hope you will do everything in your power to keep manufacturing here at home where the idea was born, USA.

Complete fulfillment service can be tricky business. I would encourage you to do your homework and take the time to visit any vendor you are considering. I would not move to a drop ship arraignment for at least the first year. You need to keep an eye on the quality of your product and know with your own eyes that the parts being produced packed and shipped are worthy of your original intention. Do the packing and shipping yourself until you are confidant beyond any doubt that the shop or shops understand what needs to be done in producing the best product on the market.

Every part has to fit every time with ease. They need to be cosmetically near perfect as possible, even if the end user will be lighting fires inside it. That first impression when the buyer opens up the kit and assembles it for the first time is what matters and it is what will set you apart from your competitors.

Make the best product on the market and people will buy it, talk about it and be proud to own it.

I wish you great success.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Cool looking stove.
I can not help with your quote.....
Just thinking out loud....if you can get rid of the bends (not sure you can)it would probably reduce operations and therefore price as well.....

i can help you out and give you a quote on the tooling side of it. I also then can give you a quote on stamping it but I would have to quote the tooling first so I can figure out the material, stamping, quantity, press tonnage needed, etc. please let me know if you would like me to quote the die first and then I can give you more info following. Thanks, Ryan.

I'm dumbfounded there is that much of a market for something like this...??

More power to the OP though for trying to source American!! :cheers:

If you are only providing .pdf files, will the supplier have to re-draw in CAD to program their laser/plasma/waterjet ?

We won't just provide .pdf files of course. We have several .dxf files that are ready to be loaded into the machine. The .pdf files are just the dimensions. Forgive me for not clarifying. I am new to this. I just invented a really cool stove. I'm not a machinist myself and am only just learning your processes.

I am not a sheet metal shop and can't offer any help manufacturing your product.

I wanted to congratulate you on what looks like a great idea and fantastic product. I think you will get a lot of help here at P/M and be able to find a vendor or two who can handle your requirements. I hope you will do everything in your power to keep manufacturing here at home where the idea was born, USA.

Complete fulfillment service can be tricky business. I would encourage you to do your homework and take the time to visit any vendor you are considering. I would not move to a drop ship arraignment for at least the first year. You need to keep an eye on the quality of your product and know with your own eyes that the parts being produced packed and shipped are worthy of your original intention. Do the packing and shipping yourself until you are confidant beyond any doubt that the shop or shops understand what needs to be done in producing the best product on the market.

Every part has to fit every time with ease. They need to be cosmetically near perfect as possible, even if the end user will be lighting fires inside it. That first impression when the buyer opens up the kit and assembles it for the first time is what matters and it is what will set you apart from your competitors.

Make the best product on the market and people will buy it, talk about it and be proud to own it.

I wish you great success.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Thank you so much Ron, for the great advice! You made a very sound argument, and I will listen. :) And I promise you I am doing everything in my power to keep this product made ONLY in the USA!

There's been a great amount of pm's and offers in the less than 24 hours this thread has been up. I promise I will get in touch with every one one of you, as time permits. I have a meeting to attend momentarily, but I will start responding to these offers later this afternoon.

Thanks everyone!

We won't just provide .pdf files of course. We have several .dxf files that are ready to be loaded into the machine. The .pdf files are just the dimensions. Forgive me for not clarifying. I am new to this. I just invented a really cool stove. I'm not a machinist myself and am only just learning your processes.

I doo this on a weekly basis.
You need to state this fact UP FRONT, so a vendor doesn't figure in some drafting time, pushing up the quotes.

This could be a fit for my shop. I handle the warehousing, packing and shipping for products that we make for others and all of our own products.

I would also be in the camp suggesting you eliminate the 90 bends in the tabs if possible. That would take a bunch of handling time out of the equation making your target prices more realistic.

Back