What's new
What's new

RFQ cnc milling 1x3 6063 Al channel 250 pieces, annual volume 1500 pieces.

aluminumwelder

Plastic
3X1 CHANNEL DIMENSIONS.jpg
3X1 CHANNEL QUOTE.jpg
see attached files for dimensions
email quotes to [email protected]

I HAVE RECEIVED A FEW QUOTES AND THE BEST PRICE SO FAR IS ABOUT $1000 FOR LABOR NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING OR MATERIAL ($4 PER PIECE)
TOLERANCE OF +/- 0.5MM ON THE 4 holes in the middle rectangular layout
for the rest of it +/- 1.5mm is fine.

Need RFQ for 250 pieces of 1x3" aluminum channel 1/8" wall, length of 7.25" cnc machined with several metric 5mm holes.
In addition the legs of the channel need to be shaved down from 1" tall to about 13/16" tall
if you need a certain file type let me know
zipped step file attached to this post.
mill finish is fine for the part. I do not care if it is all scratched up or has sharp corners.

located near charlotte, nc
the material costs about $1 per piece from local aluminum distributors. So material costs is about $250

about 50 pieces can fit in a $20 flat rate postal box. so shipping which I can pay for will be $100

hope that helps get me a quote quickly. want in about 14 days. if takes longer can wait.

Attachments

• 3X1 VACUUM CHAMBER.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
How ya gonna punch the sides off of a u channel?

CNC cause I could do 250 of these in a few hours of machine time and the first one would be the same as the last

The time won't vary much in any future quotes, just the shop rate

The sides would be milled but punch the rest just two ops much faster than cnc still from what I've seen. But it's your part, I am just wondering.

Why cnc? We'd be happy to quote the part but they'd be done on manual machines. Possible punched?

Because I did about 30 of them manually and figured it was taking me 15 minutes each x 250 = over 50 hrs labor.

Anyways job was awarded to local shop for $845.00 labor only. I appreciate all the quotes I got though!

Back